Are people not fans of the Tim Tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you're to the point of hiring a nanny to accompany you on your entire vacation, the vlogger has reached a point where I can no longer relate to them. They get comped a lot of free stays at places, so I'd be really surprised if they paid for the cruise out of their own pocket.

Aren't they required to say if they are comped? I thought that was the law now. Not sure where I heard that but it may have come out of the Fyre Festival fiasco.

I thought Disney hosted them at Aulani?
I don't think so. Reason, they always say in the video that they were invited, and thanked the Company.

Glad they went on this cruise.
I got to see a cruise that I would not want to pay the price. It's like vloggers who show the expensive rooms at the WDW resorts.
I would be surprised if they were comped, but it is a business expense, so they would be able to claim it on taxes. Glad I got a chance to see what it was like.
Since Jenn does all the editing, what did she say, "it takes an hour edit for 10 minutes of video".
She had to work all night to get the Star Cruiser video up. That video was over an hour. And Tim thanked Disney for inviting them.

This 1st day cruise video was over an hour too.

Last edited:
Once you're to the point of hiring a nanny to accompany you on your entire vacation, the vlogger has reached a point where I can no longer relate to them. They get comped a lot of free stays at places, so I'd be really surprised if they paid for the cruise out of their own pocket.

I'm glad they have the nanny because though I like their kid, I also like seeing video without him.

Last edited:

Just to be clear - I don't hold any ill will towards Tim Tracker and his family at all.

But the average person going on vacations **anywhere** doesn't have the budget for a nanny to watch your kids the entire time. That's a 1%-er sort of thing, in my opinion. Average parents might be able to afford a babysitter for one evening so Mom & Dad can have a date night at WDW, for example. But bringing your nanny along the entire time? You might as well just go on an adults-only trip somewhere instead.

I stopped watching Tim Tracker's restaurant reviews awhile ago because it seemed like at every single restaurant, they were "so excited" about eating there. And at every Epcot food festival, every food review video is full of "I'm SO EXCITED" to try food item X. Granted, many other WDW vloggers say the same thing and it drives me bananas. Just stop saying that you're 'so excited' about every single little thing.

Another vlogger food review catch phrase that gets old really fast: "flavor profile." :rotfl:

I stopped watching Tim Tracker's restaurant reviews awhile ago because it seemed like at every single restaurant, they were "so excited" about eating there. And at every Epcot food festival, every food review video is full of "I'm SO EXCITED" to try food item X. Granted, many other WDW vloggers say the same thing and it drives me bananas. Just stop saying that you're 'so excited' about every single little thing.
I love that about them. They are like big kids going to Disney.
I do see your point.

I like their videos and appreciated seeing the fabulous suite in detail. Jenn mentioned awhile ago that they hired their nanny Lynn on a full time basis. That was their agreement so that she would accept the position. It’s understandable as people need to make a decent salary.

Aren't they required to say if they are comped? I thought that was the law now. Not sure where I heard that but it may have come out of the Fyre Festival fiasco.

You do, if you're sponsored or comped for literally anything, you have to advertise that somewhere. They don't have to repeat it time after time in the video, but they can open the video once and then post it in the description and then on social media etc.

How is vlogging even allowed for WDW? I thought they didn't allow it if it was for profit? (Commercial means for profit, right?)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/
Under prohibited activities:

"Photography, videotaping or recording of any kind, or otherwise engaging in any activity, for unapproved commercial purposes." Are they supposedly approved? I guess they must be if Disney comps them and they are considered "media" (which is a load of baloney in my book) Seems like a conflict of interest to me, and I'd be very skeptical of future things they do. But then again, I wish the whole lot of "social influencers" into a deep, dark, cold hole in the ground :)

How is vlogging even allowed for WDW? I thought they didn't allow it if it was for profit? (Commercial means for profit, right?)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/
Under prohibited activities:

"Photography, videotaping or recording of any kind, or otherwise engaging in any activity, for unapproved commercial purposes." Are they supposedly approved? I guess they must be if Disney comps them and they are considered "media" (which is a load of baloney in my book) Seems like a conflict of interest to me, and I'd be very skeptical of future things they do. But then again, I wish the whole lot of "social influencers" into a deep, dark, cold hole in the ground :)

I disagree. I watch youtube way more than anything else. I have learned a lot from travel vloggers, especially. I like being able to see what hotels, flights and destinations are like. And I'm glad people can make money without the middle man hiring them as "talent". Let the people decide if they are worth watching.

Their latest video is a cruise they just went on, staying at the Roy Disney suite + a room for their nanny, concierge. Wow. Very swanky. Does anyone know what this would cost? I am guessing about 45k for the entire trip, altogether. What an incredible experience. So many perks come with that suite.

If you only have the one child, that you wanted so much but never thought that you would have, I can't imagine having a nanny, let alone taking them on vacation with you. And it is not like they have a 9-5 where they need the childcare. They make their own schedules. In their videos, every other word is "Jackson", but then they need a nanny to help with the kid? Whatever.

If you only have the one child, that you wanted so much but never thought that you would have, I can't imagine having a nanny, let alone taking them on vacation with you. And it is not like they have a 9-5 where they need the childcare. They make their own schedules. In their videos, every other word is "Jackson", but then they need a nanny to help with the kid? Whatever.

Exactly!! They are just flexing at this point.

I disagree. Love or hate them, they ARE popular. I completely understand and respect the need for a nanny. If what they say is correct, Jen does all the editing for the videos. That is a job in itself. I understand how difficult it is to try to edit videos with a child underfoot. Yes they set their schedule, but they release a video pretty much daily. That is a lot of editing, and a lot of going out and making these videos. Childcare is such a touchy subject. Darned if you do, darned it you don't.

Just to be clear - I don't hold any ill will towards Tim Tracker and his family at all.

But the average person going on vacations **anywhere** doesn't have the budget for a nanny to watch your kids the entire time. That's a 1%-er sort of thing, in my opinion. Average parents might be able to afford a babysitter for one evening so Mom & Dad can have a date night at WDW, for example. But bringing your nanny along the entire time? You might as well just go on an adults-only trip somewhere instead.

Another vlogger food review catch phrase that gets old really fast: "flavor profile." :rotfl:

I never watched em anyway. But when it gets to that point it becomes a lifestyles of the wannabe rich and famous rather than informative, if I did watch, I'd likely stop.
And yes, let Flavor profile and half the other food network buzz words people spout be stricken from the language. After we eradicate Kale from the planet, we'll get right on it.

I disagree. Love or hate them, they ARE popular. I completely understand and respect the need for a nanny. If what they say is correct, Jen does all the editing for the videos. That is a job in itself. I understand how difficult it is to try to edit videos with a child underfoot. Yes they set their schedule, but they release a video pretty much daily. That is a lot of editing, and a lot of going out and making these videos. Childcare is such a touchy subject. Darned if you do, darned it you don't.
Yep. It's kind of like assuming that a "stay at home parent" isn't a job or a "work from home" parent can take care of their children while performing work duties.

Also, how many vacation with grandparents or friends? And offload a portion of childcare duties on them during the trip?

Yep. It's kind of like assuming that a "stay at home parent" isn't a job or a "work from home" parent can take care of their children while performing work duties.

Also, how many vacation with grandparents or friends? And offload a portion of childcare duties on them during the trip?
I think the work at home parents is a huge thing. It wasn't until I saw my husband's workload that I truly understood the working from home. My dad worked from home when I was a teenager, and I thought he was being. lazy. When you look into what a youtuber actually does, it is a lot of work.

Since when are youtubers food critics?. I don't mind them talking about the park, resorts, etc. But please don't pretend like you're a food critic. That's something best left to the professionals.

I look at the nanny as them having a day care provider. Both parents are working. their vacations are their work, lucky them! I don’t think it’s any different than both parents leaving the home and having their child in day care. I think it would be an amazing thing to be able to be with your child all day while you work and give him those experiences.

A lot of vloggers hire out the editing. It is a full time job.

Since when are youtubers food critics?. I don't mind them talking about the park, resorts, etc. But please don't pretend like you're a food critic. That's something best left to the professionals.

I see them as just giving their opinion of the food on camera. Why get a degree for that? You can either take their recommendations on the food or not. Ever ask someone how their meal is? Even if you aren't an ordained food critic I still want to know what you think of your burger, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter