Are people not fans of the Tim Tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK. But I can't imagine that he takes that long to film the ship, it is not that big. I don't pretend to know what they do, but how long can it possibly take to walk around and record things? People do it all the time. I am sure that it takes at least a couple of hours, but does Jen work 9am -9pm editing that she doesn't even have a couple of hours off. And the kids still naps. Look at all of these people that have worked from home and watched their kids at the same time without a nanny. A nanny is a luxury, plain and simple. If they could not afford one, they would still somehow be able to do what they have been doing before they got the nanny.

Correct. It's is a luxury. They have the money to afford it. Good for them. Just like someone with a 5000 square foot house or a luxury car etc. They can afford something that makes their life easier or better. That's how life works.

Tim and Jenn have discovered that they can create popular entertainment. I don't know why anyone thinks that means it's kind or accurate to find fault with every detail (big or small). If they give out incorrect information about, e.g., park details, fair enough, but the more personal stuff........ :confused3 Some online (not necessarily on here) seem to expect high standards for the vloggers/humans but not for themselves the commenters/humans. Even regarding any 'mistakes' the Trackers made years ago -- maybe they erred (we all have), but over the years they've changed anyway (we all have). How about being bigger-minded and bigger-hearted and moving on with them.

They're human; they're just being themselves and doing their thing their way. Aren't we all? Why does it matter whether they have a nanny or not? Or that they treat themselves to something they couldn't have afforded in the past? I'm pretty sure most of us would agree that anyone outside of our households doesn't know enough to comment on our personal decisions and, also, that we like to treat ourselves to things within our means. Why should that be any different for vloggers? They're creating a show, not putting themselves on trial. I prefer some of their content to other, but I don't expect them to please me individually. It's up to me to find things to watch that work for me and let them be themselves.

I've only been watching them for a couple of years and I can imagine that lockdowns and the birth of Jackson changed them and their content and some viewers probably didn't like the change, but that's life! It's not a fictional TV show (I've shouted at a few of them in my living room :D), it's real people with real feelings.

BTW, I don't know them! :D I have no personal investment, but concern for the fact that this crazy, judgemental, blame-obsessed society is hurting all of us in the end.

Correct. It's is a luxury. They have the money to afford it. Good for them. Just like someone with a 5000 square foot house or a luxury car etc. They can afford something that makes their life easier or better. That's how life works.

I think you are not understanding what we are talking about. They are supposed to be showing what the average person can do on the cruise. The average person does not have a nanny with them.

L
The average person does not have a nanny with them.
I consider myself a reasonably average person. I had a nanny as a child and then attended boarding school. I employed a live in nanny from the day my daughter was born and she stayed with me for 12 years, until my son was 8 years old and went to boarding school. The nanny often travelled with me when we holidayed and was (still is) a much loved and respected part of the family. I couldn’t have performed my job, which involved long hours and international travel without a nanny.

I think you are not understanding what we are talking about. They are supposed to be showing what the average person can do on the cruise. The average person does not have a nanny with them.
They have moved on. Their lifestyle is now high income vs the average family.
Nothing wrong with that. They will lose some viewers and probably pick up others. I'm sure there are at least a few folks who'd like tips on travelling with a nanny/babysitter in the party.

No, they are on Tim's 40th birthday cruise. All they are doing is vlogging what THEY do.

No way could I afford concierge...I couldn't even afford a cruise! But I enjoy watching vlogs of those who do. YMMV.

No, they are on Tim's 40th birthday cruise. All they are doing is vlogging what THEY do.

No way could I afford concierge...I couldn't even afford a cruise! But I enjoy watching vlogs of those who do. YMMV.

I imagine some people will save and save in order to stay in that concierge room for a special occasion. At least now they can see what it's like before they spend the $$.

I imagine some people will save and save in order to stay in that concierge room for a special occasion. At least now they can see what it's like before they spend the $$.
Of course and it'll benefit DCL.

It's their money and time. They have come a long way. I'm glad they share these experiences. It's fun to take a peek at what it is like to stay concierge on a cruise ship. We have never cruised nor would be pay that kind of money for vacation. It felt like they were really humbled during the showing of the room and I don't think this is something that will be a regular deal. It was a 40th birthday. Big milestone.

The good news is that there are many disney vloggers so you can pick whomever fits you best.

(there are vloggers out there who do things on a budget.)

And I’m saying they will enforce or not enforce it based on whether it is in their best business interest. It’s pretty clear by now Disney has chosen to embrace it.

That's a dangerous precedent for them. If they try to enforce it, there's all the evidence that it's allowed already.

L

I consider myself a reasonably average person. I had a nanny as a child and then attended boarding school. I employed a live in nanny from the day my daughter was born and she stayed with me for 12 years, until my son was 8 years old and went to boarding school. The nanny often travelled with me when we holidayed and was (still is) a much loved and respected part of the family. I couldn’t have performed my job, which involved long hours and international travel without a nanny.

Your definition of "reasonably average" is way higher than what is actually average. Boarding schools, nannies, international job/travel is not "average" here in the United States, anyways. Average income here is about $31K.

Not saying any of this - but Disney has a clause on their site saying videotaping for commercial reasons is not allowed. No one has answered how vlogging isn't considered commercial?
Read the actual rules - “Unapproved“ and “Unauthorized” are both included in there. They are approved/authorized, so no issue under the rules.

...They are supposed to be showing what the average person can do on the cruise. ...

Why are they "supposed to"? Surely, they create the vlogs they want to entertain people who are interested. It's great that there are other vlogs out there more in line with other travel budgets, but it's interesting to see luxury travel experiences, too. There aren't any rules.

Why are they "supposed to"? Surely, they create the vlogs they want to entertain people who are interested. It's great that there are other vlogs out there more in line with other travel budgets, but it's interesting to see luxury travel experiences, too. There aren't any rules.

I am saying that them telling people that they have a nanny will alienate some of their viewer base. Bring your nanny, but no need to mention it. I don't care if they have a nanny, I am just saying that it is big turnoff for many people, especially those who have watched them for years and now they have become so rich from it, that they bring a nanny on vacations with them. Especially when most of the people who have supported them can not. You can see how this can turn people off.

L

LOL yeah, that is not even close to the "average" person. Maybe where you live, but not in the US. Only about 3.3% of Americans have a nanny. That is far from average. That is why it can be a turn off to the "average" audience.

I am saying that them telling people that they have a nanny will alienate some of their viewer base. Bring your nanny, but no need to mention it. I don't care if they have a nanny, I am just saying that it is big turnoff for many people, especially those who have watched them for years and now they have become so rich from it, that they bring a nanny on vacations with them. Especially when most of the people who have supported them can not. You can see how this can turn people off.

It's a total turn off for me! First, it was the Tesla. And now a nanny. :rotfl2:

Editing what I wrote: I can see what you're saying about alienating some of their old audience. I guess it's all about perspective. (Isn't everything?!) If I want more practical information relating to a different budget I'd watch a different channel, but there's more to it than that. I enjoy their banter. I enjoy seeing the sights they share. I enjoy seeing a little of their parenting style. And I enjoyed having a good look at their suite on the ship. I also skip through some things!

I mean, I can see that people want tips and information from them (as well as entertainment) - and from that point of view having a nanny isn't relatable for many - but they still share plenty of information that has nothing to do with childcare and having a nanny on the cruise (bearing in mind Jackson is too young for the kids' clubs) freed them up to explore the ship/ Castaway Cay while he was napping in the afternoon/sleeping in the evening. So, that's more content to share.

You can imagine if they didn't mention the nanny all sorts of questions (and probably assumed criticisms) would fly their way about what's going on! I often get the impression they feel they have to reassure viewers about details to avoid any onslaughts. You know how the saying goes, it's better to address the elephant nanny in the room! :D

They may attract different viewers with their vlogs these days, some will like the content, others not (as this thread shows), but the idea is to show their life as well as to share information -- and this is their life right now. If they were just vlogging occasional complete trips, that might be different, but this is also their day-to-day life.

I guess I don't understand wanting them to conform to something other than their current reality. They can't please everyone and I think it's better to be genuine than to tie yourself up in knots trying to be something else.

Last edited:

Just look no further than Kara and Nate. They started out as budget travelers and now they do things that are complete luxury and are given free stuff all the time. A lot of times their videos are just one big commercial. A lot of acting, too. I like the fact that Tim and Jen aren't spazzing out with fake smiles on the videos. I also love the fact they don't blast me out with a bunch of music on B roll footage. I love one vlogger but I can't watch her now because of the horrible music I'm subjected to for 1/2 the video.

Read the actual rules - “Unapproved“ and “Unauthorized” are both included in there. They are approved/authorized, so no issue under the rules.

I have - they started off unauthorized, like so many are. It's a precedent, that's all, one that can be used in a court of law if Disney decides to go after someone else.

I have - they started off unauthorized, like so many are. It's a precedent, that's all, one that can be used in a court of law if Disney decides to go after someone else.
Not how it works. Precedent? Disney is cool with the vast majority of these vloggers. That language gives them flexibility should they wish to trespass someone for being obnoxious. Were they actively doing so, that would be precedent.

Would it be different if the nanny was a family member? How nice for Tim and Jenn to have some adult time (hello, Remy!) and that it isn't just kid central for his birthday. Lynn doesn't always accompany them on trips. I'm glad she got to cruise too! What a great employer, LOL!

Would it be different if the nanny was a family member? How nice for Tim and Jenn to have some adult time (hello, Remy!) and that it isn't just kid central for his birthday. Lynn doesn't always accompany them on trips. I'm glad she got to cruise too! What a great employer, LOL!

Most people don't pay family members a full time salary to watch the kid for 1 "just 1 dinner". And I thought you all were saying that they worked so much that they needed a nanny, not for just "hello, Remy!". Which is it, are they so busy working that they need a nanny otherwise they wouldn't get their work done, or are they "just like everyone else" and wanted someone to watch the child for an "adult time"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter