Are people not fans of the Tim Tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went and looked it up it is only at 5k signatures its certainly not gaining traction.... just really thought it was interesting

If someone is interested
www.change.org/p/the-walt-disney-company-restore-the-tim-tracker-media-credentials
Actually it’s only at 2872 signatures. Their GOAL is 5000 signatures. Disney is about as likely to “reinstate” them (as in, start inviting them to media events again) as they are to reinstate the Trader Sam “two of his heads for one of yours” scene at the end of Jungle Cruise.

Last edited:
Actually it’s only at 2872 signatures. Their GOAL is 5000 signatures. Disney is about as likely to “reinstate” them (as in, start inviting them to media events again) as they are to reinstate the Trader Sam “two of his heads for one of yours” scene at the end of Jungle Cruise.
You are right.. I read that wrong thanks

It's been a while since I have been on the Dis and posted. In fact, I did not even remember I posted on this thread.
That being said if I repeat what anyone else has said I apologize.
First Tim and Jen are now wearing very thin on me. I watched Florida Resident Edits when they illustrated how they said they would not use the baby only to be contradicted multiple times. It is mostly all about him and while I think he is adorable, I think it is awful the way they exploit him. It freaks me out to know that hundreds of thousands of people not only know who he is but can pretty much have access to his live on a regular basis. If they want to give us an in detail view into their own lives FINE but keep J. out of it. He is NOT able to make the decision for himself.

Also, enough with the comps already. I found out that Disney and Universal had dropped them from the media list because of some inappropriate remarks years and years ago so that is why they are paying for their own rooms at WDW. However, everyone else is comping them left and right including a folding bike company ! How can you trust someone who is basically being a paid front for a company? I wish all the vloggers would not get comped because then I might be able to get some true opinions.

It's been a while since I have been on the Dis and posted. In fact, I did not even remember I posted on this thread.
First Tim and Jen are now wearing very thin on me. I watched Florida Resident Edits when they illustrated how they said they would not use the baby only to be contradicted multiple times. It is mostly all about him and while I think he is adorable, I think it is awful the way they exploit him. It freaks me out to know that hundreds of thousands of people not only know who he is but can pretty much have access to his live on a regular basis. If they want to give us an in detail view into their own lives FINE but keep J. out of it. He is NOT able to make the decision for himself.

Also, enough with the comps already. I found out that Disney and Universal had dropped them from the media list because of some inappropriate remarks years and years ago so that is why they are paying for their own rooms at WDW. However, everyone else is comping them left and right including a folding bike company ! How can you trust someone who is basically being a paid front for a company? I wish all the vloggers would not get comped because then I might be able to get some true opinions.
I get you, I feel that they should " use" Jackson when appropriate... like when talking about child swap or visiting under 5 attractions. Those tips are very helpfull to people with young children.
But most of the time he should stay home. I really like the channel better when it was just Tim.

The comps have been going on a lot longer than YouTube/ social media apps has been around.
My mother is a writer and my uncle owned a newspaper. I dont think they paid for a meal or trip in years. Unfortunately it's the way it's always been.

I get you, I feel that they should " use" Jackson when appropriate... like when talking about child swap or visiting under 5 attractions. Those tips are very helpfull to people with young children.
But most of the time he should stay home. I really like the channel better when it was just Tim.

The comps have been going on a lot longer than YouTube/ social media apps has been around.
My mother is a writer and my uncle owned a newspaper. I dont think they paid for a meal or trip in years. Unfortunately it's the way it's always been.
I understand but when does a comp become in some way a bribe? I know a lot of the You Tubers and vloggers get them but I like the Dis bc they do not play that game. A while back Pete had said he was not going to do restaurant reviews anymore because they were too recognizable. The way to stop a review is to comp (apparently, Maria and Enzo did not know this lol....if you have seen that review). I get it, but now anytime Tim does a review I am always suspicious and so there goes the trust and the reason to watch his vlog. I also feel like when he is reviewing something un-comped, he is "auditioning" for a comp. He is not the only one but he is the most visible.

I'd like Disney to stop comping any of them. The situation has gotten out of control and the world does not need this many people trying to make their living as Disney vloggers, particularly when they are being paid by Disney itself. Whether or not they are paid in food, lodging, park tickets. or other benefits they are paid advertisers for WDW and they are negatively impacting the parks experience.

Dont you love the way Disney and Royal Caribbean throw out cruises for Influencers.
When my son first asked to go on a cruise he was 9 and it was because Evantube family went on one. The process works.

I agree it's easier to watch when you know they are not comp. Adam the woo will not accept any... except sometimes when it's a media only event. He even said he pays for everything on his cc

I'd like Disney to stop comping any of them. The situation has gotten out of control and the world does not need this many people trying to make their living as Disney vloggers, particularly when they are being paid by Disney itself. Whether or not they are paid in food, lodging, park tickets. or other benefits they are paid advertisers for WDW and they are negatively impacting the parks experience.

How?

Reactions: Kae
Dont you love the way Disney and Royal Caribbean throw out cruises for Influencers.
When my son first asked to go on a cruise he was 9 and it was because Evantube family went on one. The process works.

I agree it's easier to watch when you know they are not comp. Adam the woo will not accept any... except sometimes when it's a media only event. He even said he pays for everything on his cc

I am not sure but I think I heard Adam The Woo is not selling merch either. Or maybe he is not monetizing his videos either way he is trying to bring back some integrity to his vlogs.

I agree with you. I think that when you watch a commercial on TV or see an add in print, you clearly know the intentions of that ad. However, when a vlogger is comped it is a little more slick and insidious I mean really how many times can you show the many, many usb ports for charging a device in a hotel room ( a Tim staple in a comped room) and call it a special feature of the room. Truth be told you can bring your own charger and cord and charge anything you want to so PLEASE don't pour water on my leg and tell me it's rain(this was abridged for posting purposes). Some of the non-meaningful stuff these vloggers build up like the shape of the plates or robes hanging in a closet at an upscale resort or timeshare kill me. Like really, first who wants to wear t a robe that someone else wore, and who cares what shape the plates are in the cabinet.

I'd like Disney to stop comping any of them. The situation has gotten out of control and the world does not need this many people trying to make their living as Disney vloggers, particularly when they are being paid by Disney itself. Whether or not they are paid in food,That lodging, park tickets. or other benefits they are paid advertisers for WDW and they are negatively impacting the parks experience.
That's an interesting viewpoint. I can't say I fully disagree. I think maybe the first time someone gets noticed by Disney maybe treat them but after that maybe not so much.

The comps aren't as frequent or big as you imagine. It's not easy to be a very good vlogger. And a just ok or crummy vlogger doesn't get the much needed large number of views.
The herd kind of culls itself. ::yes::

I am not sure but I think I heard Adam The Woo is not selling merch either. Or maybe he is not monetizing his videos either way he is trying to bring back some integrity to his vlogs.

Yep. He stopped selling t-shirts and also stopped his Patreon, too. I have a lot of respect for him. He comes across as a very genuine and honest person.

His road trip video series that he did this past year with his dad is really wonderful. They did a father-son road trip to all of the places that his dad had lived. There were so many wonderful father-son moments in those videos...all completely natural & unscripted. Nothing comped or promoted. The video where they visited the Field of Dreams baseball field and they're throwing the baseball between each other is really great.

Or there's the video he did once featuring a bunch of Forrest Gump filming locations. That was great, too. But the father-son road trip is some of the best material that's on Youtube.

Yep. He stopped selling t-shirts and also stopped his Patreon, too. I have a lot of respect for him. He comes across as a very genuine and honest person.

His road trip video series that he did this past year with his dad is really wonderful. They did a father-son road trip to all of the places that his dad had lived. There were so many wonderful father-son moments in those videos...all completely natural & unscripted. Nothing comped or promoted. The video where they visited the Field of Dreams baseball field and they're throwing the baseball between each other is really great.

Or there's the video he did once featuring a bunch of Forrest Gump filming locations. That was great, too. But the father-son road trip is some of the best material that's on Youtube.

I agree! I loved the series with his dad. I love when his dad and mom are featured in his vlogs.

I’d like to be able to go on rides, or dine in a restaurant, or even stand in line without someone recording and loudly narrating. Young people think Disney will start comping them if they do it enough. Disney needs to stop encouraging that quite so much.

I also think recording on dark rides and TS restaurants should be banned.

As I said, YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter