Are there any great flight deals around at the moment?

Fantastic! We're planning to leave on the 9th and returning on 21 Jan so hopefully the prices will be reasonble. Thank you all for the info!

hey

delta have syd-lax $1300 aud inclusive of tax....
i'm not impressed, just paid $1450 2 weeks ago, should have waited:eek:

oh well, I'm going to wdw....so no biggy

hey

we just booked rtn flight on virgin america...aprox $350 usd..they have inflight entertainment [the only domestic carrier who does].
they have a sale on till 5 april...$140 lax-mco, $140 mco-lax.....we are flying back on the friday so its a bit more expensive...
hope this helps :goodvibes

I received an email from Best Flights this morning. They have some Syd, Melb or Bris to LA flights on certain dates for $999. Such a great price, unfortunately not the dates I am looking for though. There are also some other great prices to North America.

If someone is looking to buy tickets I would suggest it was worth a look at least :thumbsup2

xxx

hey

we just booked rtn flight on virgin america...aprox $350 usd..they have inflight entertainment [the only domestic carrier who does].
they have a sale on till 5 april...$140 lax-mco, $140 mco-lax.....we are flying back on the friday so its a bit more expensive...
hope this helps :goodvibes

Virgin America are excellent. Flew with them late last year from LA-NYC - great inflight entertainment and nice new planes (not like A.A.) good staff too. And it only cost me $135.

There is a Travel Expo on in Melbourne this weekend as a show special they have United fares 10 April - 16 June and 21 July - 1 Oct LA $1,052.

You can have a free stopover in LA or San Francisco if you are flying further afield. Some other destinations for the above dates were;

New York $1,147

Las Vegas $1,147

Chicago $1,194

Orlando $1,231

We got a quote for Mel - LA - Seattle - San Francisco - Mel going begining of Sept and returning begining Oct and it was $4,320 for 2 adults and 2 children.

The catch is it must be booked and paid for by April 13.

We got the consulatant to hold the fare for us and we will think about it on the weekend but will most likely book.

Hope thats of some help to others who may be looking.

There was also a Disney Travel booth but just a couple of little booklets and thats about it - nothing to get excited about.

Has anyone flown United? What are they like?

There is a Travel Expo on in Melbourne this weekend as a show special they have United fares 10 April - 16 June and 21 July - 1 Oct LA $1,052.

You can have a free stopover in LA or San Francisco if you are flying further afield. Some other destinations for the above dates were;

New York $1,147

Las Vegas $1,147

Chicago $1,194

Orlando $1,231

We got a quote for Mel - LA - Seattle - San Francisco - Mel going begining of Sept and returning begining Oct and it was $4,320 for 2 adults and 2 children.

The catch is it must be booked and paid for by April 13.

We got the consulatant to hold the fare for us and we will think about it on the weekend but will most likely book.

Hope thats of some help to others who may be looking.

There was also a Disney Travel booth but just a couple of little booklets and thats about it - nothing to get excited about.

Has anyone flown United? What are they like?

Can you book these fares if you are not at the show? If so how? Thanks :goodvibes

Wow, that's a great price! I've flown UA before but not for a long time. They were fine back in the 90s but I don't know how they compare these days.

Can you book these fares if you are not at the show? If so how? Thanks :goodvibes

The fares were through Jetset Travel and from my understanding you can give them a call and book through one of their travel offices but the fares need to be paid in full by this coming Tuesday.

The promotion was United Airways to the USA & Canada - it was a green printed flyer if thats any help!!

Give them a call - the worst they can do is say they are not available any more.

I will check back here later today so if you have any more questions I can get back to you today.

We went back today and went ahead with the quote they gave us so we are going :banana::banana::banana:

I did look at some reviews of United and they were not too great but hey with the money we save we can afford to have some nights in a disney hotel :yay:

The fares were through Jetset Travel and from my understanding you can give them a call and book through one of their travel offices but the fares need to be paid in full by this coming Tuesday.

The promotion was United Airways to the USA & Canada - it was a green printed flyer if thats any help!!

Give them a call - the worst they can do is say they are not available any more.

I will check back here later today so if you have any more questions I can get back to you today.

We went back today and went ahead with the quote they gave us so we are going :banana::banana::banana:

I did look at some reviews of United and they were not too great but hey with the money we save we can afford to have some nights in a disney hotel :yay:

Congratulations! That's a great price.
And I wouldn't worry so much about UA. My husband occasionally flies with them instead of Qantas and he says the service isn't that bad.

Thank you so much. I have passed this info onto some friends of mine. I bought our tickets last year during a Qantas two for one deal but some friends of mine are yet to get their tickets for Sept so they are on the lookout for good deals. Hopefully they will be able to snap up one of the bargains and join us on our holiday.

Congratulations on getting your tickets. How exciting and UA will be fine (although I haven't flown with them), really all you do on that long flight is sleep, eat and watch movies, LOL :thumbsup2

UA is fine to fly with. Most people say that the customer service is not as good as other airlines but I flew with them last time and I found their service to be on par with Qantas which is not great in my opinion. The biggest complaint I have with flying them is the age of planes which makes for a bumpy ride at times and also the fact that individual screens are not on offer. Depending on your seat you can forget about enjoying the movie. But I guess it depends on the worth of those things for a few hundred dollars really.

The same or similar offers were at the Sydney Expo, and the exact fares and conditions were then advertised in the travel section of the Sunday paper the next day, so anyone should be able to get them subject to availability.
United is our airline of choice to USA and Canada. As soon as you book chose your seats online. Make sure you join Milage Plus for free and use it unless you have a better FF option with Star Alliance. Also you may want to get a one year membership of economy plus through travel options on the United website and for a few hundred dollars you and a 'guest' can both get economy plus seating (5 inches of extra leg room) on all your flights. Thus for the cost of two memberships all four of you can be at the front of economy with extra leg room and more room for cabin bags.

UA is fine to fly with. Most people say that the customer service is not as good as other airlines but I flew with them last time and I found their service to be on par with Qantas which is not great in my opinion. The biggest complaint I have with flying them is the age of planes which makes for a bumpy ride at times and also the fact that individual screens are not on offer. Depending on your seat you can forget about enjoying the movie. But I guess it depends on the worth of those things for a few hundred dollars really.

At least they are MAINTAINING their planes. Due to all the delays with delivery of the planes ordered by Qantas from Boeing and Airbus years ago they are running their current planes into the ground (note the recent stories about Qantas and their multiple delays on LA flights).
Plus UA have some of the best flights connections on offer and you get the advantage of being on the SAME airline for the connecting flights.

I prefer UA over Qantas and Delta and Economy Plus is GREAT :thumbsup2 The UA planes we went on recently had also all been internally renovated very recently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter