Are We There Yet????

Alison, you are too funny...My wife wouldn't dare go with us to the pool (she likes naps better). Oh well, her loss.
I don't remember seeing a pic of you before we left, so I was clueless. I am bad with faces, but being a guy, we tend to look at other things...human nature? :confused3
What is funny is some of the women that "believe" that they can wear a skimpy swimsuit...eeeewwww:laughing:

I do remember seeing a pic of you in front of the hotel window with no child in front of you..:rolleyes1 ....so what's up with that?....:rotfl:

SO next year I will make sure to keep an eye on the board to see when you go and plan accordingly....:banana:

Mac:
as usual thanks for the support....:thumbsup2

:goodvibes
I wasn't wearing a swimsuit in that picture....that's what's up with that.....:rolleyes1

Sounds like Zack has hit the "I'm too cool for everything" portion of the teen years. :rolleyes:

Great pictures! Waiting for more... :flower3:

My youngest son Garrison (15), is kinda like that, he hate being around us most of the time, he's always on his phone talking to this girl he works with. At the parks he had his phone with him 24/7. I will elaborate more on that in my TR.

Yes he has! I didn't throw it in, but he told us that he saw girls giggling and heard them saying he was cute and he just knew they were taking his picture.....:sad2:

We were walking on the beach last night when these 2 girls came up to Garrison and asked him for a pic with them, now he's always talking to them. I don't know......kids now-a-days:confused3

*ahem*
4.gif

Patience, missy! I have to gather my thoughts and get it all right.......The next day is the day that I met up with you. Look at Tracie.....she hasn't finished her TR yet.......I'm off to work now.

Patience, missy! I have to gather my thoughts and get it all right.......The next day is the day that I met up with you. Look at Tracie.....she hasn't finished her TR yet.......I'm off to work now.

I know...going over there to bust her chops too..... :teeth:

...somehow I just know this is gonna come bak & bite in the you-know-what

nude...did someone say nude? Too bad on my trip I never saw anyone nude including Alison :scared:

To be honest I never saw Alison...darn the bad luck, but watch out next year....LOL

:goodvibes

Thursday June 26, 2008

We were off to a fairly early start and headed to the parks. We decided to go to US, since my homie Barb was supposed to catch us there and ride the Mummy with us. We strolled along in US and saw some characters on the sidewalk:

DSCN0976.jpg

They had parallel parked their car on the side of the street:

DSCN0982.jpg

Along the way, I saw this sign:

DSCN1030.jpg

We have gotten drinks there before and they were sooooo yummy!!! I had forgotten to mention in my TR that we tried to eat at Café La Bamba and it was CLOSED! Café La Bamba is one of our favorite CS restaurants in the parks, probably our favorite in the Studios and we were so disappointed that it wasn’t open the entire time we were there.

We rode several rides while we were in the Studios, including the Simpsons, MIB, the Mummy, and Jimmy Neutron. Tim scored around 816,000 on MIB that day! We got hungry and decided to give Louie’s a try. The pizza was very good. Barb hadn’t called yet, so we thought we would go on to IOA and ride Dueling Dragons a few times. We did marathon rides on DD. Tim snapped a few pics in the queue.

CIMG0356.jpg

CIMG0357.jpg

CIMG0361.jpg

After riding for about the fifth time, my cell phone started ringing. I picked it up and it was Barb! They were in the Studios watching the Blues Brothers show. She told me where they would be and I told her we would be right there. Sooooooo, we took off to the locker to retrieve my camera bag and were on our way via the shortcut next to the HRC. We were there in no time and met up.

DSCN1080.jpg

DSCN1091.jpg

DSCN1107.jpg

We chatted for a while and then we decided to take a spin on the Mummy. Ryan didn’t want to ride, so he stayed behind with Barb’s mom. We all had our room keys for Express Pass and were on in no time. Barb and her gang had ridden before that day and asked us if the coffin had been opening. We told her that it had until today. Barb and Randy didn’t know where the King Kong tribute on the Mummy ride was, so we showed them. We all smiled for the camera! :)

MummywithBarb.jpg

After that, it started raining and Barb and her crew wanted to do Twister. We were up for it, so we headed that way. We have done Twister in the front and have stayed dry and we have seen how wet the peeps in the back got. Barb said that if we would get all the way to the back, we wouldn’t get wet. We trusted her and stayed dry. It was pouring when we got out of Twister, so we hung out in the gift shop for a little while. I think that is where Jacob and Ryan really hit it off. They were checking out stuff in there and being typical little boys. Jacob had been complaining of his tooth hurting that day and while we were in the gift shop, he pulled it….. He put it in his lanyard wallet and that sorry tooth fairy never did come….. We decided that we would go to the hotel and let the boys change shoes and go to IOA to ride water rides. Tim said he was really bummed because we didn’t get the picture at Monster’s Café in the electric chair that we were supposed to get. (long story, goes back to the “Guess the Picture Thread” from nearly two years ago…guess we’ll have to go back- good excuse to do it again!) We ended up getting soaked and instead went to MIB instead for several rounds.

By this time, we were hungry and thought maybe Margaritaville. We got there and there was only a short wait. We were in luck!!! They gave us a beeper and told us that they may be able to seat us on the porch quicker. We went out there and our beeper started going off….so, we headed back to where we started. We were seated and got our menus. I know I’m supposed to get pix for the homies, but I failed miserably….Tim and I shared the Jamaica Mistaica Wings and the Volcano nachos (which we came nowhere near finishing). The boys got the bacon cheeseburgers. I had one BIG RITA and Tim had 2 of them….so we got to take home 3 Margaritaville glasses. (We are working on a collection – we have 5 so we have to go back for more, everybody knows you can’t have an odd number of glasses for a set). The stilt walkers were acting silly. One of them pointed at me when Jimmy Buffet sang “Some people claim that there’s a woman to blame,” and he said, “she’s the woman, so she’s to blame….” Tim agreed with him….can you believe it? :scratchinWe actually got to eat without the stilt walkers coming to our table, although we did have to sing a little bit and clap while we were eating.

We headed back to the boat and it was already boarding, so there was no line. We were a little worried that it would be full or leave before we got there. I guess it was our lucky day because it was still there and we got right on. :thumbsup2It just so happened that the Bubba gang was on that very boat!
Ryan said, "I wish someone would take a picture..." Barb said, "I've got the camera..." Tim mouthed to Ryan to go ahead......snap (notice the bunny ears)

CIMG0363.jpg

I finally made it over to the TR section! Love your report, Alison. Can't wait to go again and watch all the shows, ride all the rides, eat the food, soak up the atmosphere....

Poor Zach. No one and nothing can make him happy. It's great at that age to think you have a reason for such angst. And no one understands. Not even him.

Guess the tooth fairy never did find her way to your house, huh??

Uh...we wuz "holding" that boat for ya's...didn'tcha know that? ;)

:laughing:

Guess the tooth fairy never did find her way to your house, huh??

Uh...we wuz "holding" that boat for ya's...didn'tcha know that? ;)

:laughing:
No, we have the sorriest tooth fairy ever.....I asked Jacob if the tooth was still in his lanyard and he said that he never took it out. I have to blame the kid!

That was so nice for you guys to hold the boat for us and to save us a spot too!

I think Jacob has been missing some teeth EVERY time we have gone to US/IOA. Do any of you remember that thread where the guy was talking about so many peeps at Universal with missing teeth.....you don't suppose he was talking about my child?:rolleyes:

I finally made it over to the TR section! Love your report, Alison. Can't wait to go again and watch all the shows, ride all the rides, eat the food, soak up the atmosphere....

Poor Zach. No one and nothing can make him happy. It's great at that age to think you have a reason for such angst. And no one understands. Not even him.

Thanks for stopping in Tamie! I'm glad you're enjoying my TR.

Zack was happy for the most part. I asked him the other day if he thinks he's too old to hang out with Mom and Dad and he told me "no". I think it's a camera thing. He did NOT like the half day where we were without his dad though! He said he does not like the way Jacob acts when Dad's not there. Jacob can get kind of silly, but he's 11.

Great installment, Alison!!

I really would like to meet up with some homies in Uni/IOA someday.

:cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter