Are you still adding on the DDP when you go?

Tiger, we found the best CS at Artist Pallette and Sunshine Seasons at the Land. At Sunshine Seasons you can get salmon for CS. As you stated not everyone that choses the DDP over eats anymore than someone over eats on the DDE. It is strickly up to what you order and how you plan your meals.

Tusker House also has good selection of CS meals as does Columbia Harbor House at MK.

Tiger, we found the best CS at Artist Pallette and Sunshine Seasons at the Land. At Sunshine Seasons you can get salmon for CS. As you stated not everyone that choses the DDP over eats anymore than someone over eats on the DDE. It is strickly up to what you order and how you plan your meals.

Tusker House also has good selection of CS meals as does Columbia Harbor House at MK.

Thanks very much - we usually eat at Tusker House, Cosmic Ray's, Artist's Palette, Earl of Sandwich and Tangerine Cafe for our counter service and will try Sunshine Seasons on our next trip.

Thanks for the suggestions, Tiger :)

Thanks very much - we usually eat at Tusker House, Cosmic Ray's, Artist's Palette, Earl of Sandwich and Tangerine Cafe for our counter service and will try Sunshine Seasons on our next trip.

Thanks for the suggestions, Tiger :)
The best value is Pepper Market. After that I'd say the Land and Cosmic Rays along with Tangerine (though we don't care for it). But it ultimately depends on what you'd order.

The best value is Pepper Market. After that I'd say the Land and Cosmic Rays along with Tangerine (though we don't care for it). But it ultimately depends on what you'd order.

Thanks Dean, I knew there was another we had tried that had good value and better than standard burger fare. :thumbsup2

Thanks Dean, I knew there was another we had tried that had good value and better than standard burger fare. :thumbsup2
No problem. It's part of my personality to try to get the best value from anything I do whether using my points or a plan such as this. Most anything at the pepper market is a good deal for CS. For Cosmic Ray's, the combo plate with ribs and chicken at $13.99 and at Seasons, the Salmon are all things that come to mind as particularly good values. Since we normally share a single meal, even better.

On both the DDP board on this website, and the rumors/news board on another site, it sounds like Disney is testing the waters on a change to the DDP.

The idea is of keeping the cost of the DDP at the current rate, but no longer including the tip for TS meals.

To be, this seems like a hidden 18% increase in prices. I would rather that Disney charge what they need to charge and keep the plan intact.

I voted on that poll to eliminate the CS desert, or even the TS desert for that matter!
That would save Disney some $$ and my waistline some inches! ::yes::

We're only going for 4 days in June and one of those days we'll be away from WDW. So not this time. But, for 8 day in Dec we will. Yearly we get over $700 reward dollars from the Disney Visa and that's what we spend it on. So for it is free dining

I voted on that poll to eliminate the CS desert, or even the TS desert for that matter!
That would save Disney some $$ and my waistline some inches! ::yes::

We're the exact opposite -- I say do away with the appetizers. WDW is the only place I splurge and get dessert...so you want to see me cry? :scared:

I think it totally depends on your habits ...

I think $$-wise, it's well worth it considering the cost of the DDP is equivilent to just one sit down dinner so the Counter Service and Snack credits are 'free'. And I think if you want to eat all that food, you get more than your money's worth.

However, for us, it's not worth it. When we go to The World, we don't usually have a TS every day. We snack and eat lighter and hate having to deal with the schedules of reservations and all that jazz. On a 5-Night trip, we might have 1-2 TS meals. Sure, we could make it worth it by eating more TS, but then we're spending a lot more money to save a little money since we normally wouldn't do TS anyways -- if that makes sense?

Now, my uncle has DVC and they do DDP *all the time* and for them it's a huge savings because they have at least 1 TS per day anyways -- usually a dinner.

The way I think about the value of DDP is like this:

If you normally eat at least (1) TS meal per day, then get the DDP. You'll find yourself completely stuffed and trying food that you might have never opted for (NY Strip vs. Chicken Breast, etc) and maybe trying that extra appetizer as well.

It has *nothing* to do with the quantity of food. As apparent on this thread, I think everyone agrees that you don't go hungry on the DDP. The question is, would you normally eat all that food anyways? ;)

I think it totally depends on your habits ...

I think $$-wise, it's well worth it considering the cost of the DDP is equivilent to just one sit down dinner so the Counter Service and Snack credits are 'free'. And I think if you want to eat all that food, you get more than your money's worth.

However, for us, it's not worth it. When we go to The World, we don't usually have a TS every day. We snack and eat lighter and hate having to deal with the schedules of reservations and all that jazz. On a 5-Night trip, we might have 1-2 TS meals. Sure, we could make it worth it by eating more TS, but then we're spending a lot more money to save a little money since we normally wouldn't do TS anyways -- if that makes sense?

Now, my uncle has DVC and they do DDP *all the time* and for them it's a huge savings because they have at least 1 TS per day anyways -- usually a dinner.

The way I think about the value of DDP is like this:

If you normally eat at least (1) TS meal per day, then get the DDP. You'll find yourself completely stuffed and trying food that you might have never opted for (NY Strip vs. Chicken Breast, etc) and maybe trying that extra appetizer as well.

It has *nothing* to do with the quantity of food. As apparent on this thread, I think everyone agrees that you don't go hungry on the DDP. The question is, would you normally eat all that food anyways? ;)

Even if you don't do a TS everyday it would still be worth it. We did the Hoop-De-Doo, Spirit of Aloha & California Grill. They're all 2TS's.

If they go through with the proposed union changes to remove the gratuity from the DDP and force an 18% gratuity on the DDE I'll have some serious thinking to do. I highly doubt that I will add the DDP if I will lose the all inclusive, prepaid nature of it. As for DDE, it was ok when it was the only thing available, but really all I saved was what I tipped anyway--sure on a two week vacation that that $25.00 per day was a good savings, but the added cost of the DDE, no second card without a fee and now an auto 18% grat. it doesn't seem so appealing! So before I break even I have to spend $300, then after that I will save 2% since the 18% will already be added in. :confused3

Even if you don't do a TS everyday it would still be worth it. We did the Hoop-De-Doo, Spirit of Aloha & California Grill. They're all 2TS's.

Oh, I completely understand trading for the 2 TS's, but is that something you would do every trip? We also found that to do a show per trip, it was still more inexpensive using cash out of pocket. If that was one of our 2 TS per trip (on 5 nights), it still works in our favor to use either DDE or just plain cash. ;)

If they go through with the proposed union changes to remove the gratuity from the DDP and force an 18% gratuity on the DDE I'll have some serious thinking to do. I highly doubt that I will add the DDP if I will lose the all inclusive, prepaid nature of it. As for DDE, it was ok when it was the only thing available, but really all I saved was what I tipped anyway--sure on a two week vacation that that $25.00 per day was a good savings, but the added cost of the DDE, no second card without a fee and now an auto 18% grat. it doesn't seem so appealing! So before I break even I have to spend $300, then after that I will save 2% since the 18% will already be added in. :confused3

Hadn't heard about this ... where can we vote no?

Oh, I completely understand trading for the 2 TS's, but is that something you would do every trip? We also found that to do a show per trip, it was still more inexpensive using cash out of pocket. If that was one of our 2 TS per trip (on 5 nights), it still works in our favor to use either DDE or just plain cash. ;)

Yes it is something we would do on every trip that is at least 7+ nights. I wouldn't even think of the DDP for a long weekend. We usually leave WDW for at least one day, so we have to use that extra TS somewhere. Don't you have to have an AP to get the DDE card?

On both the DDP board on this website, and the rumors/news board on another site, it sounds like Disney is testing the waters on a change to the DDP.

The idea is of keeping the cost of the DDP at the current rate, but no longer including the tip for TS meals.

To be, this seems like a hidden 18% increase in prices. I would rather that Disney charge what they need to charge and keep the plan intact.
I had predicted things would evolve over time in this manner to reduce the value. The same thing happened with the Food n Fun where it eventually became a non value to anyone.

We were on the fence with the plan anyway. If they make such a change (where we have to pay the tip), we will definitely not be getting it, even if we are in a studio. Just not worth it.

If Disney were to change it to no longer include the tip, we'd definitely stay away from it -- we have the DDE, so it's not a big loss.

I just used it for the first time and I think it is a great deal.

I do wish you could double up on the quick service to make one table service as we did not use all of our QS.

With that being said, we really came out ahead using the DDP and will probably use it again next tie we go.

If they take the tip out of the TS then we will definitely not get it again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter