Arthur Christmas!

AndreaA

DIS Veteran
I’m currently doing some Christmas stuff and have this movie on for the 3rd time this year. It occurs to me that I rarely see others mention it and I have to wonder why. It’s one of the most perfect Christmas movies ever, in my opinion. Witty, sweet, great voice actors (Imelda Staunton! Hugh Laurie! Jim Broadbent! AND MORE!), great animation, good reviews, and generally just a good family film. Why hasn’t it become more of a classic? Is it because it came out after streaming was already more of a thing so there just isn’t that “what channel is it on, when is it on?!” thing like with Christmas movies/shows of my youth?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1430607/

9D21A737-14D7-4340-9DF6-B1FE1ACB5904.jpeg

It's my all time favorite. Cracks me up no matter how many times I see it. Like you, I don't know why it isn't more popular. I have to think it's because it is a British production and just never got traction in the US. I don't think I've ever seen it on network TV here, only streaming and DVD. (Maybe it has aired and I missed it, but I sort of feel like it's one that you have to seek out rather than having it served up all season long.)

Last edited:
Its been a while since i have seen it. Another very good one we watched last year is A boy named Christmas

Its been a while since i have seen it. Another very good one we watched last year is A boy named Christmas

I just watched that one and actually didn’t like it. The Truth Fairy is sort of a straight up psychopath and I didn’t like how they relegated Christmas to “just a word, it doesn’t mean anything” in the story’s world. That’s just weird, even for a secular Christmas movie.

Love Arthur Christmas! Especially for the awesome cast. Love them all, but Bill Nighy as Grandsanta is just brilliant. This is such a charming movie that deserves more love.

I've never heard of it until now!
I'm checking my subscriptions to see where I can watch it.
Thanks 🎄

ETA: Found it! On Hulu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter