"At Sea" days?

Ceryssa

DIS Veteran
I remember reading a while back that there was usually something fun going on during these days. Does it vary from ship to ship?

My first cruise on the Dream, we were not able to dock at Castaway Cay because of bad weather. I was so bummed I thought the day was going to suck. The cruise staff printed new Navigators with all kinds of fun stuff to do and we had an amazing day. I love love love sea days!!!

OK so definitely want to make sure we schedule one that has a sea day, then (looking at 3-nighters since the friend I'm going with can't be gone long, but it looks like there are a couple that skip Nassau in favor of a sea day, which I'm totally fine with). Thanks :)

Sea Days are my favorite. I don't know if all the activities are the same across the Disney fleet, but I've found the same activities I like to do. Over the course of the day, I usually attend a movie, a cooking demo, a wine tasting, some time in the hot tub, and read on my veranda while enjoying an adult beverage.

Sea Days are my favorite. I don't know if all the activities are the same across the Disney fleet, but I've found the same activities I like to do. Over the course of the day, I usually attend a movie, a cooking demo, a wine tasting, some time in the hot tub, and read on my veranda while enjoying an adult beverage.
Oh that sounds about perfect. That's what I'm talking about!

We found that a lot of the activities on the at sea days involved being inside the ship, which my hubby would have nothing to do with ("I'm in the Caribbean, I am going to enjoy the weather!" ha). There were also Mixology classes that different groups had arranged, and other fun activities. I have heard that on the bigger ships, there is much more to do (we were on the Wonder). My At Sea experiences on other ships have been much more boring than on DCL, because of the size of the ships. So, IMO, DCL offers so much for their At Sea days. :)

We loved our sea days. We were on board 15 days...only 3 of those were port days. We missed the 4th due to "unrest"....and it was a wonderful cruise. I would do that many sea days again.

As I pay a lot of money to cruise on a Disney Ship I really like the Sea days that I can actually enjoy the Ship. Looking very much forward to our WBPC 2016 with 9 sea days (including a day in the Panama Canal, when we won't be able to leave the Ship) and only 4 port days. If I want to explore cities extensively I will book a land-based vacation.

As I pay a lot of money to cruise on a Disney Ship I really like the Sea days that I can actually enjoy the Ship. Looking very much forward to our WBPC 2016 with 9 sea days (including a day in the Panama Canal, when we won't be able to leave the Ship) and only 4 port days. If I want to explore cities extensively I will book a land-based vacation.

That was the reason we booked a Disney Panama Canal Cruise. We wanted a Disney Cruise and we wanted a Panama Canal Cruise, so we got to experience everything there was to do on the ship and see the Panama Canal at the same time. If we just wanted to port hop and a bed to sleep in, there are much cheaper options :) All those sea days really made the price seem worth it!

We love the at sea days! At sea days and castaway are the reason we cruise with disney. My husband and I went to movies, palo brunch, trivia, etc. With our daughter we did character meets, open houses, crafts, character breakfast, pools.

Sea days are great! You get to catch up on your sleep by sleeping in. Also there are plenty of activities going on the ship to keep you busy. Also there are always the options of watching Disney movies in your room or going to the Oulook/Cove Cafe to read a book or magazine!

We love sea days. I'm not exactly sure what we end up doing on sea days but somehow it seems to take the entire day. If you're doing a lot of port days, sea days are especially valuable. We just did the July 10 Northern European cruise and I would have loved 2-3 more days at sea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter