• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Attractions when you fall asleep or "power nap" or "rest" or "snooze"

jaysue

DIS Veteran
OK, so I figure, hey let's state all the WDW shows/attractions where you have fallen asleep...

For me:

Hall of Presidents
Spaceship Earth
Tomorrowland Transit Authority
Resorts Monorail
Epcot Monorail
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Living with the Land

thanks
jaysue

The only one I have actually fallen asleep in is Hall of Presidents, some that I have almost nodded off in are-

Tiki Room
Universe of Energy
Spaceship Earth
Haunted Mansion

Impressions of France.....I think that's the name. Love the movie, but if I'm tired, I always fall asleep.:guilty:

Jay Sue,

You've been to Disney 3 times and you have fallen asleep on 7 different rides? Oh my. Sounds like a pretty high number....Does this happen other places, too or is just pure out an out Disney vacation exhaustion?

I've never fallen alseep at any attractions. I can see once or twice, here or there, but seven times! Wow.

On our first visit to Epcot in '83, we had driven all day and went to the park that evening. Our last attraction was Universe of Energy (obviously the original version). After the dino section everyone in our family of 4 was snoozing, I think. Then the part where the rocket took off came along and we were awake again!! Our drowsiness was part exhaustion, part boring attraction! I love Ellen now!!

I fell asleep on the Great Movie Ride! I couldn't believe it! DD was tugging on my arm as we went into the Aliens part and I was shocked I had nodded off!

I think I'm doing fine then we sit down in the air conditioned chairs, they turn out the lights, and I'm out. But not before DH.
HaHa!

Hall of Presidents
Universe of Energy
Monorails
TTA

For DW:

Hall of Presidents
American Adventure
Spaceship Earth

For me:

HoP
AA
Tiki birds

The only time, I have ever fallen asleep. was New Years Eve 1999!!!!We were waiting for Midnight and it was freezing ao we went into The France pavillion. About 30 people in the audience? I swear when the man gave his little speech at the end 25 of the 30 people were sleeping. It was very funny. The CM was pretty good he said somthing like, Everyone wake up! My country is really not that boring, You must vist to be excited!

Never fallen asleep on a ride, but I zoned out at Hall of Presidents, Festival of the Lion King, the boat ride from DTD to Riverside, and Mission to Mars (many years ago, though).

Am I the only one to fall asleep in the Enchanted Tiki Room? It was the old show, don't think they had thunder and lightining then. But it was hot out, so I went in with the express purpose of taking a snooze in the air conditioning. And it worked!

On my trip last month I fell asleep for the first time at WDW...Universe of Energy! I really like that attraction and it' Erich's favorite but I was feeling sorta quesy that day and I fell asleep...Joe was AMAZED that I wasted time catching a nap while visiting my favorite place on earth...he said something about me getting old......grrrrrr....:tongue:

When it's hot and we're tired, we look for sit-down rides. We love sleeping on Universe of Energy as it is never very crowded and we can each have our own row. We just lay down and nap. We also like American Adventure, but like the show, so we rarely sleep for the whole show. Hall of Presidents is another good sleeping ride. This is the first year in about 5 that I have seen Muppets 3-D;I always get about a minute in and fall asleep. I have tried falling asleep in Bear Country Jamboree, but the seats are very uncomfortable. COP is also a nice nap attraction,but as it isn't open very often, we try and stay awake if we get to see it. We have fallen asleep at various pre-show areas including Timekeeper, Hall of Pres, AA, Cranium Command, Impressions de France, Wonders of China.:teeth:

For me Hall of Presidents, For DH Festival of the Lion King

As I was reading this tread to my DH (he falls asleep everywhere) He reminded me it's called a power nap. He said we are not sleeping we are power napping so we can continue our day. Gina:wave2:

LOL, I try that one with DW - never works - post subject changed in honour of those males (including me) who believe it is power napping not sleeping aka. siesta

Thanks
jaysue

:chat:

I can barely fall asleep in bed with the lights & TV off (insomniac). On the other had, DH can sleep anytime, anyplace, anywhere.

I'm sure he has slept through any ride where the seat has a "back" and it's dark. But that is certainly not a requirement for him!

Movie in France...I love the music and film. It's so relaxing and peaceful, sometimes I just can't help myself.

DH goes to sleep just about anywhere they turn the lights out if he's sitting still.

Ellen's Energy Adventure!

I really do like the ride - but being in the darkness, nice and cool for sooooo long - I just can't help it sometimes. It's great for the kids too - when DD was little and needed a nap, we hopped on in to see "Ellen" and she fell asleep! It's just nice to *rest* awhile sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter