• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Attractions when you fall asleep or "power nap" or "rest" or "snooze"

I have never made it the whole way through Universe of Energy. Last year when we were down there I actually made a conscience (no pun intended) effort because I told my husband that I had never been awake for the whole thing. Tradition prevails.:faint:

I have "power napped" in the Hall of Presidents, C.O.P., Muppetvision, the monorail, and I am sure a few others after a long day.

I don't remember falling asleep in any attraction, but my mom says I was out like a light at the Tiki Room when I was 3. She has fallen asleep at Universe of Energy (before Ellen). :teeth: I can't believe how many people have fallen asleep at American Adventure and Spaceship Earth--those are two of my very favorite attractions, and I can't imagine sleeping!

Spaceship Earth is the only one that really gets to me. I usually snooze on that one. However that is becoming increasingly difficult, as during our trip last month, I noticed S-E to have become rather rough and jerky... needless to say, sleep-us interrupt-us! ;)

I have fallen asleep in the old Universe of Energy. DH and I were on our very first visit to WDW and it was a commando trip that encompassed as much as we could do in 6 days including US, Medieval Times, Pleasure Island and Typhoon Lagoon as well as all three (at the time) major parks. Just thinking about that trip makes me want to sleep! Dh worked for a power co. so he didn't think that show was as dull as I did!

When I went to Grad Nite, back when 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea was still around, I fell asleep with my face in the recessed window.

I've never fallen asleep but DH can drop off any time. His favorites are COP and American Adeventure. As many times as we've been I think he's probably only stayed awake once through the whole AA show even though he says its one of his favorites!

JaySue,
I have heard of all the others before (AA, HoP, CoP), but how on earth could you fall asleep on that bumpy truck ride across an African savannah !! Man, you must have been tired.

I've never actually fallen asleep, but my eyelids get a little heavy in Ellen's Evergy Adventure and Spaceship Earth.
DH, who usually falls asleep at the drop of a hat (or the rise of a curtain) never falls asleep at Disney. It must be Magic!:D

I haven't ever fallen asleep at a Walt Disneyworld attraction, but I came close in 2001 at the Hall of Presidents. DH, however has fallen asleep at:

THE HALL OF PRESIDENTS
COP
UNIVERSE OF ENERGY

As great as Tiki is to fall asleep when it's hot outside...you should try it when it's cold!!! Back in 84, we had gone to disney and a REALLY cold front came through. My sister and I went into Tiki Room and thought we had died!! :bounce: It was so toasty warm inside!!!!:p Of course, the birds singing, the darkened room and the warmth made the perfect recipe for a little cat nap!! :teeth:

When we had taken our kids in 94, there were only 2 of them and they were 3 and 2. They were getting tired so I suggested the Tikis!!! It had the same effect on them!! :sunny:

Can you imagine the popularity of a ride that was specifically set up to let people "power nap"? I think every day by 4pm there'd be a line of hundreds! ;)

They could call it "The Disney Dream" or "Rockabye rollercoaster".
It would be a huge auditorium, cool and dark. It would have big cushiony reclining seats, soft music and special affects that included every disney movie scene that had sleeping in it.. The seats would gently sway back and forth for 30 minutes at a time. They could send subliminal messages telling us to spend more money at the gift shops and concession stands. ;) They could end it with a motherly voice saying "wake up little ones, time for more Disney fun!"
I'd be there every afternoon.. :)

Until that happens I'll just have to be happy with The Hall of Presidents and American Adventure. I've yet to find a decent napping place at MGM or AK and believe me I've tried.

I take my sleep seriously. :teeth:

lots of rides relax me, but i've never fallen asleep at wdw. If I were to fall asleep, it would probably be Hall of Presidents.

But maybe that will change with the next trip, who know? :D

I never go into an attraction looking for a snooze.................sometimes it just happens. For me it happens most often at:

American Adventure (an incredible show that I love............but sometimes a comfy seat in a dark air conditioned theatre on a hot day is too much to overcome).

Tiki Room (cool dark place on a hot day thing again).

Voyage of the Little Mermaid (recurring cool dark place on hot day theme). Surprised nobody mentioned this one yet.

Boy, I fall asleep a lot when it's hot ::yes:: .

BTW - I don't sleep, I rest my eyes ;).

Kilimajaro Safaris has put my kids to sleep when they were babies. You know how the motion of a car can affect them.

Yes, to snooze on KS - I was imitating the lion ::yes::

During our trip last week, I did not fall asleep/snooze/power nap etc. once!!! Made it!!!

:hyper:

thanks
jaysue

They could call it "The Disney Dream" or "Rockabye rollercoaster".

I love this idea. Fabulous.

Voyage of the Little Mermaid (recurring cool dark place on hot day theme). Surprised nobody mentioned this one yet.

Yep, that one's mine. On our last day in the world, I found myself falling asleep during Mermaid, and realized that a bit of the magic must be wearing off and it was time to go home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter