ATV and Zip Lining while at Aulani

Mazz519

DIS Veteran
We will be at Aulani in three weeks, we are looking to do some excursions... Can anyone tell me what ATV and Zip lining companies there are on the island that we can use. Also did you do the tours through Disney or booked them yourself ? The only ATV comp that Im seeing is Kualoa Ranch and you have to be at least 16 to participate.. I have three kids 17, 13, and 10...Thanks for any responses

Kualoa Ranch was awesome! YES, the age to operate ATV's is 16. They verified 18 year old son license. Also, all participants must sign a waiver.

16 years old is standard with ATV's I believe.

We booked Kualoa Ranch on our own and took advantage of the 7 day in advance 10% discount. Going through Aulani was MUCH HIGHER! We had a rental car so there was no issue with transportation. If you go to Kualoa Ranch, I had GPS as "backup" but asked Concierge to print directions from Google Maps. Worked perfectly. Strange, but many have said for some reason GPS doesn't work great. Didn't want to get lost, so we had alternative direction sources.

If you go, ENJOY! We LOVED it; FIRST time on ATV for all of us, but prepared to get mighty dirty. GORGEOUS SCENERY! :thumbsup2:dance3:Closed toe shoes mandatory!

Another vote for Kuoula Ranch! Views are breathtaking. I believe most ATV companies would have an age requirement, my step son was 18 at the time.

If you are going to be on Maui we recommend Maui Zip Line. They were phenomenal last August when we used them.

We did not zip line on Oahu but I have heard good things about the ranch. Unfortunately, DS was not old enough for the ranch zip line.

Thanks for all the info... we def planned on doing Maui Zip Line.... and yes Kualoa looks very good..Just wanted my 17 yr old to be able to drive... he will be 18 3 wks after we leave Hawaii ..bad timing I guess

Kualoa Ranch was awesome! YES, the age to operate ATV's is 16. They verified 18 year old son license. Also, all participants must sign a waiver. 16 years old is standard with ATV's I believe. We booked Kualoa Ranch on our own and took advantage of the 7 day in advance 10% discount. Going through Aulani was MUCH HIGHER! We had a rental car so there was no issue with transportation. If you go to Kualoa Ranch, I had GPS as "backup" but asked Concierge to print directions from Google Maps. Worked perfectly. Strange, but many have said for some reason GPS doesn't work great. Didn't want to get lost, so we had alternative direction sources. If you go, ENJOY! We LOVED it; FIRST time on ATV for all of us, but prepared to get mighty dirty. GORGEOUS SCENERY! :thumbsup2:dance3:Closed toe shoes mandatory!

Hi, Jerseygal! We are considering the half day atv tour after reading your post. How long did it take you to drive there, and was it difficult to find? What time does the tour start? One more thing....was the buffet lunch good? Thanks so much!

Susan

We left 1 hr.15 min for travel "in case". We did Kualoa Ranch purposely on a weekend day(a Sat in our case) to avoid traffic. I got directions from the concierge who was very helpful to print them on google maps in addition to GPS...It took us about 1 hr.

We did the 1 hr ATV, 1 hr ocean voyage cruise, 1 hr movie tour and were supposed to do the jungle cruise(that was last)..After the incredible ride on the ATV(third activity), we were very dirty, hot, and we all agree to "call it a day" and go back to Aulani to swim. We felt at that point that between the other three activities we had seen "most of the ranch" and scenery, so we opted out. So FUNNY...My youngest son, 18, his face was covered in dirt...
Before we left, we all went to the rest room to wash our faces off with dirt!
SO MUCH FUN!

Lunch for us was early, after the second activity which was the ocean voyage.
PS..Ocean voyage catamaran does not run on Sunday or holidays..that is why we booked on a Saturday. Buffet in our opinion was VERY GOOD...We were the first lunch, ribs, chicken, fresh pineapple, juices and water, rice, and pineapple cake and salad. Everything seemed very fresh!:thumbsup2

ENJOY! We are still talking about it! The scenery is so AWESOME!:dance3::yay:

Thank you for the great information, Jerseygal! We booked our ATV tour this morning. :)

Susan

Thank you for the great information, Jerseygal! We booked our ATV tour this morning! :)

Susan

We left 1 hr.15 min for travel "in case". We did Kualoa Ranch purposely on a weekend day(a Sat in our case) to avoid traffic. I got directions from the concierge who was very helpful to print them on google maps in addition to GPS...It took us about 1 hr. We did the 1 hr ATV, 1 hr ocean voyage cruise, 1 hr movie tour and were supposed to do the jungle cruise(that was last)..After the incredible ride on the ATV(third activity), we were very dirty, hot, and we all agree to "call it a day" and go back to Aulani to swim. We felt at that point that between the other three activities we had seen "most of the ranch" and scenery, so we opted out. So FUNNY...My youngest son, 18, his face was covered in dirt... Before we left, we all went to the rest room to wash our faces off with dirt! SO MUCH FUN! Lunch for us was early, after the second activity which was the ocean voyage. PS..Ocean voyage catamaran does not run on Sunday or holidays..that is why we booked on a Saturday. Buffet in our opinion was VERY GOOD...We were the first lunch, ribs, chicken, fresh pineapple, juices and water, rice, and pineapple cake and salad. Everything seemed very fresh!:thumbsup2 ENJOY! We are still talking about it! The scenery is so AWESOME!:dance3::yay:
Thank you for all the info! We booked our ATV tour this morning! :) Susan

ETA....sorry for the triple post!!! My iPad is doing strange things tonight. :)

I actually Think Im gonna book our ATV tour when we are in Kauai....Kauai ATV will let my 17 yr old son Drive by himself... Guess we will just stay at the resort another full day.......

I actually Think Im gonna book our ATV tour when we are in Kauai....Kauai ATV will let my 17 yr old son Drive by himself... Guess we will just stay at the resort another full day.......

If your son is 17, he can drive by himself at Kualoa. The minimum age is 16.

Susan

If your son is 17, he can drive by himself at Kualoa. The minimum age is 16.

Susan

I also Have a 13 and 10 yr old that are not allowed to participate in the Kualoa tour... You have to be at least 16 just to participate.

I also Have a 13 and 10 yr old that are not allowed to participate in the Kualoa tour... You have to be at least 16 just to participate.

Ok. That makes sense. I thought you were just concerned that the 17 year old couldn't drive. I remember when my son was too young to do these sorts of things. He is a Motocross racer and has been a rider since he was 5, so you can imagine how upset he has always been when he couldn't drive his own. He is super excited that he is 16 and FINALLY gets to do something like this! :)

Susan

We started doing jet skiis at WDW on Bay Lake which my boys LOVED!

WDW staff checks license which I think is good security for verification of age...
TOO MUCH OF A LIABILITY to fool around with that type of stuff!
:worried:
ENJOY THE ATV'S!:):thumbsup2

Thank you for the great information, Jerseygal! We booked our ATV tour this morning! :) Susan

My family did this during our Aulani vacation time and LOVED it. We got filthy dirty and have the picture to prove it haha. Lots of history and beautiful area. Kualoa Ranch is an easy recommend!!

Kerry

My family did this during our Aulani vacation time and LOVED it. We got filthy dirty and have the picture to prove it haha. Lots of history and beautiful area. Kualoa Ranch is an easy recommend!! Kerry

It sounds like we made a great choice!!! I can't wait...5 1/2 more weeks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter