August 12, 2004 - 3 Day Wonder - Anyone Going with us?

rcdisneyfam

DIS Veteran
Anyone out there going on the 3 day Wonder on August 12, 2004? We have 7 total, 4 adults - 40 something and 2 15 year olds and a 12 year old.

We will be there! We have 2 adults over 40, 5 adults in their 20's and a 9 year old. The over 40's are the only ones that have ever cruised so I'm excited for the others to have the experience. We are doing 4 days at Disney first, staying at Port Orleans Riverside.

Well Jaydebs, I posted this a while ago and you were the only ones that answered it last time. I guess it is just your family and our 2 families going, 4 Adults 40 something, 2 teens and 1 12 yr old. Can't wait now!! We too are going to be in WDW at Caribbean Resort 7 days before the cruise.

My wife and I will be joining you all for this cruise. We are going to be on our honeymoon (just married June 19th). We are both late-20's and new to cruises but are really looking forward to it.

The Volcanogod, Glad to see someone else going with us. My sister did her Honeymoon on the Disney Ship. This is our 4th Disney Cruise, so if you need to ask any questions, don't hesitate. Click on my profile and email me. Roberta & Ralph

Let's figure out a time and place for a Dis Meet. Volcanogod and Jaydebs, let's talk and get a meet coordinated.

Roberta & Ralph

Count us in. We are on the Wonder, sailing August 12. My husband and I are in our late 30's. DD's are 12 and 10. This will be our first Disney cruise, 2nd cruise all together. We will be flying in the night before and staying at the Marriot, and then spending 3 nights after the cruise in Orlando, visiting Universal and Islands of Adventure.

Jeri

vjeri...Thanks for joining us. Our friends going with us have a DD that is 12 and has been asking me if I found anyone going with a daughter her age. This is great. I will let her know. We will be in WDW for 7 days before the cruise. If you click on my profile, you can email me any time. Our DD is 16 and our friends DS is 15. The 4 adults are 40's. Keep in touch....Roberta & Ralph

I'm glad to see that there are other people joining us on the cruise. This is also our first Disney cruise but the 3rd cruise for my husband and me. Vjeri, we will have our 9 year old grandaughter with us that might be interested in getting to know your 10 year old. Roberta & Ralph, I would be interesting in setting a DIS meet but it appears that you might know more about doing that than the rest of us so what would you suggest?

Well what I have experienced in the past 3 Disney cruises is that we would all meet on Deck Ten over looking the Goofy Pool that they cover over with a dance floor for the sailaway party. We all wear green ribbons, mostly the wives, sometimes we send emails before with pictures so it is easier to recognize people when meeting up. We usually Say Starboard side for the meet. The kids usually go down and dance and do all the fun stuff on the dance floor with the other kids and the adults have a few cocktails and get to know each other. I am sure that the girls will all get to know each other in the clubs and swimming and doing their own thing on the cruise. It is too bad that it will only be 3 days, but we have built long relationships with people we have met before on other Disney cruises and have actually met up on future cruises and traveled to see each other too. We will keep in touch via this thread and by emailing. My email is connected to my profile. Talk to everyone soon. vjeri, my neighbor's daughter is so excited now that she found someone else.

Souds good - we will have to think about distinguishing attire. My wife is easy to spot - she has veeeeery curly blond hair cut just longer than shoulder length. Nearly everyone she meets remarks about it (she is also a little self-conscious about it too).

I am almost guaranteed to have a tropical drink in my hand for sail-away - I've been wanting one of those drinks-in-the-real-pineapples ever since I had one visiting the bahamas years ago. I hope they have those available.

We will definitely have a good time I know that. The Konk Coolers are the best, those are the drink of the day special when we go to Castaway Cay. They are like a Pina Colada in taste. Keep this thread going and make sure to check the your packing lists once and check them twice. I am just getting started on one.

Has anyone received their documents yet??? I saw on the board that the people that sail on 8/7 received theirs. Hopefully they will be in soon.

No docs here yet - I called and asked about them because we are leaving for vacation on July 31 and I wanted to make sure they weren't going to be sent out like 2 weeks before our sail date (we would alredy be gone). The person I talked to put me on hold and called another dept. When she came back on, she said the docs had been printed and I should be getting them soon.

I also checked the DCL website and I have a room assignment - it is a Cat 12 which we reserved - I was of course hoping for an upgrade, but if we don't get it c'est la vie - it will still be a blast. I guess we can still hope for a stealth upgrade between now and then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter