August 18, 2010...Can't wait for the MAGICal Mediterranean!!!

OK, surely this will be my last post for the night...I was looking through Tom's photobucket and found some name tags with our names! So I have printed them out and will just tape them to fridge magnets. "poor man's magnets";)

Only slight problem is my son's says "Fort Worth, Texas" and "1st Disney Cruise" but oh well

Now, if anyone has time on their hands and needs a project, :rolleyes1 I would love to have some Mickey ears...I will reimburse you for your magnetic paper & ink...either Euros, Dollars, or Cocktails. We are in room 2539 or I will see you at the DisMeet.....the sorcerer ears or the viking ears would be cool

Thanks!
Shawnprincess:

Ok, Sorcerer Mickey ears done, couldn't do the Viking ones, they were too big to print on the paper, so it has chopped part of a horn off!!

Also a Magical Med magnet.

Hi Kate,

We're going tomorrow - fingers crossed anyway - on the Monarch flight, yipee I can't wait to get DD up in the middle of the night. Last week was so rubbish, I'm now really glad they threatened us with the strike and we decided to go early. :yay::yay::yay: Though my bank balance will probably disagree, I'm a bit lethal when let loose in Spanish toy shops :scared1: Having spent the last two hours fiddling with it, I think it's the printer that's had it not the paper that's causing a problem. Have had the paper for ages so it's totally my fault for leaving it to the last minute, Elizabeth adores Minnie with a passion so if you do end up with spare ear magnets I'm sure she would love them. But if you run out of time, she won't be worried that she doesn't have them as we didn't know about magnets last time so I didn't make any.

Vicky, you may not get this now, but Minnie Ears done and also a Magical Med. I am looking for an Elizabeth, but will be on photo paper with magnets on the back and may have another date on it!

Safe journeys. The orders are now closed!!!

Ok, Sorcerer Mickey ears done, couldn't do the Viking ones, they were too big to print on the paper, so it has chopped part of a horn off!!

Also a Magical Med magnet.

Vicky, you may not get this now, but Minnie Ears done and also a Magical Med. I am looking for an Elizabeth, but will be on photo paper with magnets on the back and may have another date on it!

Safe journeys. The orders are now closed!!!

I was also able to print the viking and a set of minnie ears for whoever needs them.

All the clothes are packed. Looks like we will have 5 cases and then each have a backpack. DH encouraged me to take a few extra things just in case because we had room in the luggage. Today I just need to pack toiletries and some odds and ends. Dogs go to the kennel by noon, and the car will pick us up by 3:30 for our 7:20 flight to BCN.

I don't know if the fact that I haven't been sleeping well is good or bad. Have not had a restful sleep in 3 days (wake up every few hours) and have been wide aware at 6 am every day. I guess that may make my jet lag better....but I think I'm going to have to take the advil PM to sleep tonight....

Wish me luck..we're going to tell the kids tonight at the airport...eliminates all sorts of other logistical problems. I still think DD knows or strongly suspects. DH slipped again yesterday and she didn't even react.

All the clothes are packed. Looks like we will have 5 cases and then each have a backpack. DH encouraged me to take a few extra things just in case because we had room in the luggage. Today I just need to pack toiletries and some odds and ends. Dogs go to the kennel by noon, and the car will pick us up by 3:30 for our 7:20 flight to BCN.

I don't know if the fact that I haven't been sleeping well is good or bad. Have not had a restful sleep in 3 days (wake up every few hours) and have been wide aware at 6 am every day. I guess that may make my jet lag better....but I think I'm going to have to take the advil PM to sleep tonight....

Wish me luck..we're going to tell the kids tonight at the airport...eliminates all sorts of other logistical problems. I still think DD knows or strongly suspects. DH slipped again yesterday and she didn't even react.

Go back to sleep!pirate:

I want to make it to the meet! Hopefully DH agrees, although he might only agree if we stay 20 minutes and then hightail it to lunch hahaha. We are still trying to figure out our excursions...

For all those who were interested, as promised- I got a quote for rome in limo for about 116 euros pp including vatican guide, "Thank you for your interest in our company, we will be happy to accommodate you in Rome.

We can arrange a day tour for you to cover all the main sites such as Coliseum, forum, Pantheon, ect ect and the Vatican in the afternoon. This would be total of 9 hours, the driver will of course pick you up from the port and take you back as well in late afternoon."

Not sure if I am really game or if it is better to just DIY... I'd love to see all the sights... hmmmm...

If there are family members that are interested let me know ASAP. Under 2 free. Under 4 does not pay admission. We leave tomorrow morning (europe time)

Mindy,
Have a great flight. I am so excited for your family, I still can't believe that you keep it a secret this long. See you soon.

Hola to anyone still reading the boards !!! We have had a lazy day in Barcelona after arriving this morning at 9.00...........checked out the mall across from the Novotel, took a nap in our room (went to sleep after midnight and up at 4.30 this morning), strolled La Ramblas and the waterfront, ate lunch at Hard Rock and found the all-important Spain jersey with the one star! Having drinks in the hotel bar and saw this free internet...could not resist a quick post. It has been very pleasant weather today, a little cloudy.

Jennifer, THANK YOU for the Viking ears SO MUCH!!!
Kate, THANK YOU for the Sorcerer ears SO MUCH!!!

I will repay you both!!! If not too greedy, I will take them both:banana::banana:

I ended up making several magnets last night, just printing them on paper and taping to a magnet;) but did not do the ears - knew they would not look right on paper

Back to vacay - see you all soon:cool1:

Shawnprincess:

Hola to anyone still reading the boards !!! We have had a lazy day in Barcelona after arriving this morning at 9.00...........checked out the mall across from the Novotel, took a nap in our room (went to sleep after midnight and up at 4.30 this morning), strolled La Ramblas and the waterfront, ate lunch at Hard Rock and found the all-important Spain jersey with the one star! Having drinks in the hotel bar and saw this free internet...could not resist a quick post. It has been very pleasant weather today, a little cloudy.

Jennifer, THANK YOU for the Viking ears SO MUCH!!!
Kate, THANK YOU for the Sorcerer ears SO MUCH!!!

I will repay you both!!! If not too greedy, I will take them both:banana::banana:

I ended up making several magnets last night, just printing them on paper and taping to a magnet;) but did not do the ears - knew they would not look right on paper

Back to vacay - see you all soon:cool1:

Shawnprincess:

Glad you made it to Barcelona! :banana: It's very quiet on the board today...:sad1: It feels like we are the last to leave. Tomorrow is our day!!! :banana: :banana: :yay: :dance3: :yay: :banana: :banana:
See you on the Magic! ;)
-Joan

Glad you made it to Barcelona! :banana: It's very quiet on the board today...:sad1: It feels like we are the last to leave. Tomorrow is our day!!! :banana: :banana: :yay: :dance3: :yay: :banana: :banana:
See you on the Magic! ;)
-Joan

I agree not to much going on. After the last few days it's like a ghost town. We leave tomorrow at 5:40 in the evening and get in to Barcelona two hours later if all goes well.

I agree not to much going on. After the last few days it's like a ghost town. We leave tomorrow at 5:40 in the evening and get in to Barcelona two hours later if all goes well.

Good luck with your trip Jennifer, see you on the ship! :thumbsup2 :cool1:
-Joan :)

I've been playing with Google Maps. Here are a couple of screenshots from my iPad....the red pin should be at the cruise terminal for Disney.

Map 1: http://db.tt/4lceYn
Map 2: http://db.tt/qQeTk3

Barcelona has a very big port :banana:

-L

Edit: after more research, it looks like it's the third terminal building. Here's a link: http://www.barcelonayellow.com/bcn-transport/193-cruise-ship-terminals

Hi Adsmama, it's terminal C, it's in the back of your cruise docs. and MacG talked about it in a previous post.
-Joan

Hola and Bonsoir!!!

Glad you arrived safely.

We are all packed and ready for the off around 5am, it is 10.30pm now, so will be going to bed soon. Jennifer, I think we will be in the air at the same time!

DD went to bed easily (her logic is that if she goes to bed early, then the holiday comes quicker!).

Keep thinking about Mindy and how the 'reveal' went.

See you in the Novotel tomorrow, we arrive around lunchtime.

Kate

We'll from the last few posts it appears I am talking to myself! - nothing new there then!

Sat at the airport on a dull wet day in the uk. Look forward ro the sun had to do some repacking at 2am taking some clothes out:eek:

looks like I may have to go shopping!

See you tomorrow

We have arrived -freshening up then a quick trip out and about. Shawn if you jump back on the free wifi. Where did you find the fcb jersey?? DS wants Messi!

Can't wait to sleep tonight - if I can!!!

See you all soon

We arrived in Barcelona this morning a little after 11:00am. Saw Lisa at the airport. As Mickey says, it's a small world after all.

Going to hang out at the hotel today. Schedule was thrown off since we left JFK 3 hours late.

We arrived in Barcelona this morning a little after 11:00am. Saw Lisa at the airport. As Mickey says, it's a small world after all.

Going to hang out at the hotel today. Schedule was thrown off since we left JFK 3 hours late.

We´re here too. Went on a tour with Stacey and Susan and going to bed real soon. Met Kim at LaSagrada Familia...she was on the bike tour.....see everyone tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter