August 18, 2010...Can't wait for the MAGICal Mediterranean!!!

yesterday I read on USA Today that disney cruise line will be the first to introduce 3-D movies on their ships. I think this will be done by the end of the year. There will also be special technical effects to go with that. Something else we have to look forward to but don't know when we'll find the time to see a movie.

ellen

Just to follow up on what you are talking about. Its sounds great

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=58354424.blog

I have just requested a quote from DU for this cruise - will keep you posted if I book it (just need to work on DH). We are sailing on the Wonder in October 09 and was hoping that I could hold out till then in the hope I might be able to book this while on board but something tells me it might be sold out by then and I don't want to miss the chance.
Hi
Go and book it :thumbsup2 what a lovely surpize Xmas present :santa:
you can always see if it is cheaper when onboard and change it over
think you might need to book direct with Disney to make it easier to do :confused3 and are they still doing half depoist

Christmas present or gigantic Christmas debt? I just got my December schedule and will be working waaaaayyyy more than I usually do! Every time I'm there, I just keep thinking how much each shift can pay off! My mantra:

"Just keep working! Just keep working!" (a la Dorie in Nemo)
:) Kim

Christmas present or gigantic Christmas debt? I just got my December schedule and will be working waaaaayyyy more than I usually do! Every time I'm there, I just keep thinking how much each shift can pay off! My mantra:

"Just keep working! Just keep working!" (a la Dorie in Nemo)
:) Kim

Everytime I think about this trip, I think we're nuts.' My DH got spoiled, since we upgraded to a cat 3 on our last trip and he had to book one for this...I don't know how we're going to swing it, but I'm putting away money each week and hopefully we'll be close in the end.

BTW DH checked out airfare on our own if we were to go next year (furthest out we could get) and then priced it through Disney. We booked the Disney airfare, since the price is locked in and airfare has since risen....you should probably do that now and then get rid of it later if you decide you don't need it.

I wouldn't say spoiled. :snooty: I would say pleasantly pampered.

:woohoo:

There is somethng to be said for not having to wait in lines and for getting the reservations you want. Not to mention 2 bathrooms and space. With 2 kids, I need space.

I wouldn't say spoiled. :snooty: I would say pleasantly pampered.

:woohoo:

There is somethng to be said for not having to wait in lines and for getting the reservations you want. Not to mention 2 bathrooms and space. With 2 kids, I need space.

He doesn't realize that he is spoiled...he thinks I'm tight with the purse strings...apparently he would rather spend his money on a 10 day cruise than fixing up his house that needs a lot of work....

He doesn't realize that he is spoiled...he thinks I'm tight with the purse strings...apparently he would rather spend his money on a 10 day cruise than fixing up his house that needs a lot of work....

OK, show of hands, 10 days with twins (one who is ADHD) in a cabin.:confused3

Who wants their own bedroom and bath? (600 sqft)?:cheer2:

Who wants one room (300 sqft)?:headache:

It's a question of sanity. :dance3: Besides isn't a vacation an escape?

Everytime I think about this trip, I think we're nuts.' My DH got spoiled, since we upgraded to a cat 3 on our last trip and he had to book one for this...I don't know how we're going to swing it, but I'm putting away money each week and hopefully we'll be close in the end.

BTW DH checked out airfare on our own if we were to go next year (furthest out we could get) and then priced it through Disney. We booked the Disney airfare, since the price is locked in and airfare has since risen....you should probably do that now and then get rid of it later if you decide you don't need it.

just wondering what price you got thru disney and what you saw if booking your own airfare.

just wondering what price you got thru disney and what you saw if booking your own airfare.

That booking airfare on our own (there are 4 of us) for September of next year (that's as far out as we could go) was around $1,500 per person. Disney was pretty much in line with that. I'm sure my DH will correct me if I'm wrong. So to have that price locked in now, is probably not a bad idea. DH said that if the price should go down we can get rid of Disney airfare and book our own.

thanks for the info. i was just on the disney cruise website and they want over $1700 per person for airfare out of JFK. I really hope the price come down for us. what's a reasonable RT fare? $1000 per person?

ellen

thanks for the info. i was just on the disney cruise website and they want over $1700 per person for airfare out of JFK. I really hope the price come down for us. what's a reasonable RT fare? $1000 per person?

ellen

Ellen,

Disney quoted us the same $1500 that we were getting from the airlines, but that was out of Newark. I don't know that you will get $1000 per person. If you see that, let me know because I'll cancel Disney and take that. With Disney though, once you lock in the price, it doesn't go up.

Hi Mindy,

I went to kayak.com and looked at airfare for the last two weeks in aug 2009leaving out of JFK. most of the airlines showed prices less than $1500 per person. continental is showing 1199/person, aa is showing 1200/person, us airways $1224/person, etc. i didn't look at the flying times...just wanted to get an idea for a comparable time of the year. as soon as we are close to 331 days out, i will be watching closely. i don't hold out much hope for ff tickets though.

it's all still a long ways off.

ellen

The Disney price also includes transfers from the airport to the ship and back. I don't remember how far it was from the airport to the ship (I took a Royal Caribbean cruise out of Barcelona 10 years ago on my honeymoon). I'm also nervous about traveling internationally and planes and such being late...unless you're getting in a day early.

Price varies greatly by airport. When we booked, from Newark the price was $6300, from Philadelhia the price was $7100. this includes tax and transfers. the best price I got out of Newark for the closes bookable date (10/09) was $1478 per person w/o transfers.

While its relatively easy to arrange for you own transfers out of Orlando. I kind of figure we would be better off using DCL in Barcelona. Especially since the lanst time we took a cruise out of Barcelona, neither Mindy nor I remember how we got to the boat.

Is it not possible to book transfers without booking their airfare as well? I'm not really big about someone telling me I'm taking a 6am flight out of Sea-Tac when the drive to get there is minimum 2 hours, let alone security and what not.
Kim

Is it not possible to book transfers without booking their airfare as well? I'm not really big about someone telling me I'm taking a 6am flight out of Sea-Tac when the drive to get there is minimum 2 hours, let alone security and what not.
Kim

is possible to book your transfers without taking the airfare through Disney, I just have not investigated it yet. As I've said we've just booked through Disney as of now because they airfares were comparable to what we were getting from our airports and that way we lock in the price should they increase more. If they don't I can always cancel them before I make my final payment.

I have just requested a quote from DU for this cruise - will keep you posted if I book it (just need to work on DH). We are sailing on the Wonder in October 09 and was hoping that I could hold out till then in the hope I might be able to book this while on board but something tells me it might be sold out by then and I don't want to miss the chance.

Are you gong to be joining us? Not sure if I can get Cadbury Flakes but I can get Crunchies once in a while.:)

Kim

The problem is that if you book your own airfare and your plane is delayed, you can miss your cruise. If Disney books everything, then the delay becomes their problem.

Ah. I'm not too worried about that, as I figure we'll be there early (2 days, probably) to try and convert to local time. That and I'll want to start the vacation!!! Going east seems to be easier on me, but who knows how the DD will do...
Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter