August 2016 Car Rental Rate watch

Mmk1997

Earning My Ears
So we are looking for August 16, 2016.

Family of 5 - we have a Corolla and a dodge grand caravan at home.

We are there for 16 nights

Using various sites such as

www.carrentals.com
www.carrentalsavers.com
Costco

most of the prices seem to be around the same price of
$500.0 for a intermediate (corolla)
$1000 for a minivan

For those who do this often -

What type of price can I expect to get for these these vehicles?
Are these good prices for this time frame?

Any other suggestions for me to look at?

I know it's way early but I'm jumping on board to stay up to date. We're looking for a standard car 8/26 - 9/6

We have booked a reservation through carrentals.com.

We have a minivan for $16.18 a day and over the course of our rental a total price of $384USD.

It is Payless Car Rental.

I've already got a rate for my Sept 24 - Oct 8, 2016 trip that beat what I paid in 2015.

But, rates right now for August 2016 (I'll be there August 20 - September 5th, 2016) are crazy high. We got a decent rate on an SUV last year but it was a GMC Terrain, around $440 is memory serves me. This year we are hoping to go a little bigger and get a Tahoe but man, the price of those beasts never really gets low. I consider low around $600-650 for two weeks for a fullsize SUV.

By chance, does anyone know if a minivan from Alamo has a bench in the second row of seats or do all minivans have captains chairs for the second row? I have never driven or rented a minivan so have no idea... Thanks.

August 24 to September 6 threw carrentalsavers.com $275 for full size . From Dollar

Last edited:
Does anyone know if a minivan from Alamo has a bench in the second row of seats or do all minivans have captains chairs for the second row? I have never driven or rented a minivan so have no idea... Thanks.

You need to put this in the contract ID section
I put the code in and it didn't work. Do I have to put vegas Brazil somewhere?

Thanks
You probably put it in the coupon code section.
You need to enter it in the Contract ID section :)

You can also use coupon code AD2338FDF for 30$ off a week (might not work with all categories though...)

Does anyone know if a minivan from Alamo has a bench in the second row of seats or do all minivans have captains chairs for the second row? I have never driven or rented a minivan so have no idea... Thanks.

I guess I'm not the only one has has not rented a minivan in Orlando. :joker:

I have an Alamo reservation for July, not August. But I have 15 nights for $374 for economy car. Booked through Costco. I like Alamo as you can do online check in before you go and skip the counter. Just walk out to car and drive away....

There are probably slightly cheaper rates, but I couldn't be bothered taking a shuttle from airport to car rental place, then dealing with salesperson who will try to up sell me etc. I'll be at my resort using Alamo by the time I did the shuttle hassle etc

So I have to say I'm getting nervous. I booked our minivan back in November and got a great rate of $16.18 day and $384 for the 16 day rental period in August. The rental was through carrentals.com and the minivan from Payless.

The prices for minivans do not seem to be going down and seem more expensive now. Is that standard?

Has it ever happened that through carrentals.com the reservation disappears or is not honoured?

Jumping on board....traveling 8/12 - 8/27. Need Rental Car. I ALWAYS rent from Alamo and hoping for a GREAT deal as usual.

Sooo do car deals start showing up soon, or are car rental threads not as helpful as other "deal threads"? I have been watching this thread for months hoping to find a great deal. It's our first time renting for a week and it all looks pretty $$$.

Tamara, are you an Alamo Insider? If so use Alamo coupon code AD4004JDK for $50 off a weekly rental and Alamo Insider Product Code AS1 for a great deal in August.

THANK YOU so much!

Our 10 days in August was looking close to $350 - $400 which is insane that time of the year! I got 10 days for $130 now! I don't usually rent a car, but really want the flexibility to run off to the store this trip! Thanks!

Tamara, are you an Alamo Insider? If so use Alamo coupon code AD4004JDK for $50 off a weekly rental and Alamo Insider Product Code AS1 for a great deal in August.

Thank you so much for the codes!!! This saved me about $100 on my rental too! Hopefully the prices go down even more. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter