August 2016 Car Rental Rate watch

Do you have to take a van if that is all they have in the aisle? I would not be happy accepting a Van when I booked a nice full size car. There is only 2 of us and a van would just be over kill.

This happened to us in February using Alamo full size lot. They had pickup trucks and minivans. It was only the 2 of us. So we ended up with a minivan. We probably could've asked as we find the customer service with Alamo and national very good, but we just didn't see anyone so just took the minivan.

What were the exact codes you used? Going 8/12 9:30pm pickup, 8/17 9:30am drop off we are at $165 right now standard car at MCO (Alamo)

Okay just got back, went to the Full size car aisle on August 12th at around 10pm. There were pickup truck's, minivan's and 2 Nissan Rogue SUV's. The one we picked was the either a 2016 or 2017 Nissan Rogue, really really nice it only had 836 miles on it. It was a pleasure to ride around for the 5 dayy's just wich our stay was longer. Wasn't a bad deal for only $165

Okay just got back, went to the Full size car aisle on August 12th at around 10pm. There were pickup truck's, minivan's and 2 Nissan Rogue SUV's. The one we picked was the either a 2016 or 2017 Nissan Rogue, really really nice it only had 836 miles on it. It was a pleasure to ride around for the 5 dayy's just wich our stay was longer. Wasn't a bad deal for only $165
What category did you rent from; fullsize or midsize? I'm trying to remember what level you need to rent to be able to choose your own if you are an insider member. Thanks!

Landed at 10pm-
Rented an economy- basically no cars left- we got a Kia Soul,
Which is a super tiny suv. Fine for the two of us, but doesn't hold much luggage.

Pretty much all the had were convertibles, a few full size and giant SUVs.

What category did you rent from; fullsize or midsize? I'm trying to remember what level you need to rent to be able to choose your own if you are an insider member. Thanks!

We actually booked a Midsize with a free upgrade code to a fullsize, can't remember the code now we used but when renting from Alamo it doesn't matter what level you reserve you are free to pick any class car that is in the aisle(class car) at the time you are there. HTH

We arrived yesterday. Full-size aisle was mostly pickup trucks. We ended up with a Ford Fusion which is nice but would have liked more actual non truck choices.

We arrived yesterday. Full-size aisle was mostly pickup trucks. We ended up with a Ford Fusion which is nice but would have liked more actual non truck choices.
First of all, enjoy your trip! We are arriving tomorrow and I cannot wait. I agree with you, pickup truck choices at Mco is a bit of a 'miff'. I'd almost like one just because I don't own one but having enough people to fill the cab and with this time of year down there is guaranteed to rain almost once a day, an open bed in the back and no usable storage space is a no go.

I had a fusion, I think, two years ago. Nice car but I have had more comfortable cars around the same size.

First of all, enjoy your trip! We are arriving tomorrow and I cannot wait. I agree with you, pickup truck choices at Mco is a bit of a 'miff'. I'd almost like one just because I don't own one but having enough people to fill the cab and with this time of year down there is guaranteed to rain almost once a day, an open bed in the back and no usable storage space is a no go.

I had a fusion, I think, two years ago. Nice car but I have had more comfortable cars around the same size.

Some of the pick ups were the huge kind that I wouldn't be comfortable driving and I drive an SUV at home. There was also an Impala and a Kia.

That's awesome, thanks for sharing your experience. Out of curiosity, did you email a general Alamo email customer service email address or Alamo at the airport directly? Would you mind sharing the email because when my wife and I go back end of September into October I have a luxury booked as well and was hoping to get a Cadillac. We did a BMW they had last year, I think an X5, but I was really hoping to try a Cadillac this year. Thanks again!
I'm pretty sure I just used the general email, contact us button at the bottom of the Alamo page. I did enter all my info including reservation number. Have fun!!

Just wanted to share I arrived this morning at MCO and booked a reservation with Alamo using the AS1 code. I got into a town and country, drive to the booth with my printed out bypass paperwork and had not one problem. As a matter of fact, while the nice woman at the gate was doing my paperwork, I got an alert in my phone that my Amex was charged the appropriate reservation price by Alamo rent a car. :-)

And now we begin 16 days of vacation bliss, lol. Have fun everyone and enjoy your vacations!

I arrived at MCO this afternoon and got a nice Toyota Corolla from Alamo's compact aisle. My booking also included the AS1 promo, along with a $25-off coupon code. At the exit gate, the agent stated that "the taxes shown on my confirmation were different from the taxes appearing on her screen" or some such. She wanted to boost my total by about $27 or so; my thinking is that her computer was choking on my coupon code, which I didn't really care about because she was okay with the really big deal, the AS1. I pointed out that the purpose of a confirmation is that everything has been confirmed. She agreed to credit me back to my original confirmed amount, although she was slightly gruff about it. Now I am a little uncertain about what will happen when I turn the car in. Looks like the worst outcome would be trying again to pull back the $25-off. I may or may not fight that later; the rate is pretty darn good either way.

Scored a kia minivan in the compact isle about 10 last night for$226 12days Alamo. Home was rough Florida started great!

Just booked 2 cars for dec and march on cheap car rentals.com the small suv were cheaper Equinox were cheaper then full size car Altima 187 for 7 days in December plus tax

Checked in using the AS1 code and $25 off coupon with no problems.

ETA there were a ton of pick ups I
On the midsize aisle.

Arrived at MCO on Saturday, skipped the counter, used AS1, the $25 off coupon and my AP discount code for a full size rental for two weeks for $281. Saw plenty of full size cars, a few minivans and several pick up trucks in the full size aisle. We chose a Chrysler Minivan and are thrilled with our price because a minivan rental for our dates would have been about $475.

When you all are citing your rate, are you quoting the weekly rate before taxes and fees or the grand total?

We have a minivan through Alamo for 9/28-10/9 using the $25 coupon, Costco member code and AS1. My total is $550 including taxes. I'm aware of the issues with the AS1 code and have printed my confirmation, checked in online and will hope for the best. I can't find any rate within $150 of that price but keep seeing better rates for longer dates quoted here.
Is there better luck closer to the travel date?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter