August 2020 Reservations-still going?

We've decided to cancel and request a refund rather than extension of our AP. Not canceling yet because I am so curious about if/where they may move us.

At this point, it's just not fun anymore, and one of my favorite parts of the Disney trip is the planning and anticipation. I'm not blaming Disney, per se, but I just don't want to do this anymore.

With the increase in cases in Florida now we are definitely not going to go. I'm not going to cancel yet though. I'm hoping once they allow modifications we will be able to modify to a new date next year and keep the 35% off discount we have. I realize that might not be possible, but there's no harm in trying.

We have finally given in and cancelled our train tickets. We haven't technically cancelled our WDW package yet, only because cancelling is all they can do right now, and we have trip protection on our package. So if we wait a bit longer until they can modify our trip, then we can keep the trip protection on the package with our new dates. So that's what we're doing. But yeah, with no way to get there, our trip is now cancelled for all intents and purposes. :(

It will cost more to go next June, which is a huge bummer, plus next June won't be as good a time for use to go as this August would be, but with everything going on right now, this year's trip was becoming less "good" by the day, so I think it pretty much evens out. I mean there is no Food &Wine in June, but there's only a modified one now. There's no Halloween party in June, but now there's none in Aug./Sept., either. And so on. Plus, we *really* love our park hoppers, and we're crossing our fingers that they will be back in action by next year. :)

So now we're one year from our trip instead of 60-some days. Which stinks. But at least we're still going eventually!

To all of you still going in August, have a great time!!!

Arrive Aug 7 for 2 nights at BCV, then 6 at Pop. If SAB isn't open, we may cancel that part. We are still tentative - a lot depends on the resort situationand whether FL can get their cases under control again over the next couple of weeks. We will probably make the final decision mid July.

With the increase in cases in Florida now we are definitely not going to go. I'm not going to cancel yet though. I'm hoping once they allow modifications we will be able to modify to a new date next year and keep the 35% off discount we have. I realize that might not be possible, but there's no harm in trying.
With the covid cases as high as they have ever been - with no end in sight - we finally canceled.

That’s where we are leaning. We have an 8/27 check in date. After the rough , scary (still not over) covid season here in NY, there’s no way I want to go to another covid epicenter/ hotspot.

Also, we realized some of our favorite restaurants will not be open (narcoosees, we were planning on doing Storybook dining) We love our character meet and greets. Having to wear a mask in the August heat. Limited pool access at the resort. These are all pushing us towards canceling.

Yep, going. 8/16 - 8/25. We have moved this trip from April to May to August and changed flights, too. I'm bummed about a lot of things, but we need to get out of this house/town/state/mood so we're going. We will take utmost care to stay healthy. I practiced by sitting in my locked car with the windows up for 5 hours starting at 2 pm today with a mask on. I live in Houston.:crazy2: (<---- I did not really do that)

same situation exactly

That’s where we are leaning. We have an 8/27 check in date. After the rough , scary (still not over) covid season here in NY, there’s no way I want to go to another covid epicenter/ hotspot.

Also, we realized some of our favorite restaurants will not be open (narcoosees, we were planning on doing Storybook dining) We love our character meet and greets. Having to wear a mask in the August heat. Limited pool access at the resort. These are all pushing us towards canceling.
same.! nj... same thoughts same situation. i keep thinking also, am i going to return and what do you tell work people? you are coming back into a work environment the day after you are returning from florida? doesn't sound like a nice thing to do with covid exposure. so that's another issue on my mind.

I’m one of those people who do not have park tickets. I’m sort of hoping Disney takes the decision away from me and we can’t get them. Being cooped up so long is clouding my judgement. I agree with all the reasons people have mentioned for canceling. I could handle most of them, but the spikes in cases is troubling me. I just don’t want to go and later be “What the hell were you thinking?!!”

After talking to my kids (who are adults) we are canceling. This is just too much thinking and stress for a vacation. We were going to stay at the Poly for the first time, and I want it to be an enjoyable experience. Not even sure we would have been able to get tickets. Instead, we are taking a trip to Maine, where we can drive and socially distance much easier. Good luck to all who go, I really hope you have a good time!

Had a trip planned at the Poly beginning August 7th...was the one thing that kept us going through all this...now with new info that resort isn't opening until the 12th that's gone....guess one more balloon popped for us....who knows when we'll get back

Trip is planned for 8/3 to 8/10, modified from 7/6 to 7/13. Need to use DVC points before they expire. Coming from CT so if FLA Gov doesn't lift the quarantine we will have to cancel.

I have 8/14 through 8/21 booked via dvc at the boardwalk. I got my email saying all was good with the reservation and like everyone else had all my adr’s canceled. The restrictions aren’t that big of a deal since my oldest daughter and granddaughters can’t go now since she got pregnant and is due this July so my trip turned from a kids trip to an adult trip as my youngest kids are 16 and 19. Meet and greets and fireworks/parades aren’t that big of a deal. The no park hopping stinks but can be a work around. The low crowds actually seem a positive and postponing til next year seems like it will be more of a hassle since everyone will be doing that.

We still plan on going assuming we can still hit the parks. My problem is tickets. I had not yet bought tickets with my room bc we were waiting to see if my wife and I would be going again I’m in like February (I had a waitlist for a room which would free up a bunch of 2020 points to use next year). If that happened then we would be doing annual passes. Now I can’t get tickets and don’t feel The need to get passes since no hopping changes the cost. DVC was no help.

Anyone know if other places like undercover tourist or work related sites can still sell tickets?

Plus I’m from NJ and need the quarantine requirement to drop. That’s annoying in itself bc it’s ny, nj, conn metro area that is causing this ban. I’m from south jersey which isn’t nearly as bad as north. It’s basically 2 states!

I'm pretty bummed about the quarantine also because here in CT our cases have been steadily decreasing.

That info was inaccurate. They just posted out of the 500 employees tested only 2 were positive. It is being discussed on the Covid thread.

1 case is enough AND add to that Florida now has over 3500 NEW CASES alone..... :oops:

enuff said....

Nope those are official numbers and add to that Florida now has over 3500 NEW CASES alone.....

enuff said....

Its been reported time and time again that the numbers for MCO were a misunderstanding. The number reported was overall cases from the time the pandemic/testing began at MCO + cases that were contact traced back to an MCO employee. So that number is cases over a several month period. In the latest round of testing where 500 employees were tested, there were 2 positives. It pays to understand what numbers you are actually looking at and provide context before posting.

Still planning on going Aug 18-27, but we are from NY, so we have to wait and see if the 14 day quarantine will be lifted. If it's not lifted, we will cancel.

Its been reported time and time again that the numbers for MCO were a misunderstanding. The number reported was overall cases from the time the pandemic/testing began at MCO + cases that were contact traced back to an MCO employee. So that number is cases over a several month period. In the latest round of testing where 500 employees were tested, there were 2 positives. It pays to understand what numbers you are actually looking at and provide context before posting.

:sad2:

Again.......1 case is enough AND add to that Florida now has over 3500 NEW CASES alone..... :oops:

There is nothing in WDW worth risking ones self heath and my loves ones for, if you do go for it, those numbers and any for that fact can be twisted and turned to make anything look better, SO....to quote you "It pays to understand what numbers you are actually looking at and provide context before posting."......

enuff said....

:sad2:

Again.......1 case is enough AND add to that Florida now has over 3500 NEW CASES alone..... :oops:

There is nothing in WDW worth risking ones self heath and my loves ones for, if you do go for it, those numbers and any for that fact can be twisted and turned to make anything look better, SO....to quote you "It pays to understand what numbers you are actually looking at and provide context before posting."......

enuff said....

And you can make a decision that is best for your family, and I will make a decision that is an acceptable risk vs reward level for my family given the current facts, restrictions and our own personal comfort level with the situation. No one if forcing anyone to do anything they are not comfortable with.

enuff said....

Just officially postponed from Aug 15-22 to Oct 30-Nov 7 primarily due to the mask requirement and shortened hours. Kinda excited to be there for Halloween though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter