• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2020 Reservations-still going?

We never considered cancelling either. None of those items are deal breakers for us having been there many times and my kids really don't care about that stuff anymore.

Same here. Still on for the week of August 10th. I loathe crowds and so I'm hoping that all the cancellations will result in less people which will mean less waits without having to stress about fast passes (although I realize that physical distancing will mitigate the benefit of having less people there to some degree). I guess we'll see.

Weirdly, things like Topolino's are starting to feel like the last straw for myself and my family. Family already has expressed concerns over the August weather and masks as is, and with the resurgence on top of Topolino's offering less food options and costing more because it's the only character meal in town just kind of rubs wrong.

Still going at the time being, but all of the unknowns are piling up and just adding more frustrations/concerns than excitement.

Same here. Still on for the week of August 10th. I loathe crowds and so I'm hoping that all the cancellations will result in less people which will mean less waits without having to stress about fast passes (although I realize that physical distancing will mitigate the benefit of having less people there to some degree). I guess we'll see.

Same here. We’ve been so many times that we don’t really care if some rides and attractions are closed. Just being in the parks without the crowds would be great. You also get to stop and smell the roses and notices things you’ve never noticed before. Every time we go, we end up going from fast pass to fast pass. I can’t even count on one hand the number of times I’ve experienced a full ride queue. Hopefully we can get park reservations for the full length of our stay when that system opens.

Last edited:
I am excited to go but am increasingly just nervous about the whole thing. We have a cruise 8/21-8/24 with 2 nights pre- and post- using DVC points. If my cruise is cancelled, I'm stuck with no hotel as of right now. I can try to book something with DVC but don't want to use points if I don't have to. We could do the beach in between, I guess. I just want to know, but I know it's not an easy situation for anyone.

Also, question- has anyone else going in August not even considered canceling? I feel like I'm the only one who's like "yeah nope I'm going"
I haven’t considered canceling, at least not yet. Nothing has been a deal breaker for me thus far. However, if my resort isn’t open and I’m moved to a resort I don’t like, that may do it. If my non-stop flight is canceled (they aren’t currently flying non-stop to MCO from my airport) and I can’t find an acceptable replacement, that may do it. I can handle a scaled down experience because I really need a vacation and WDW should still have enough to offer for me. I’m kind of looking forward to seeing how different the experience will be.

Still scheduled for 8/17-8/23 and are leaning more toward going than not...but the recent upward trend in COVID cases has me starting to hesitate. We’ve been several times, so going at a slower pace is no big deal for us and may actually be refreshing after the chaos of the past several months. But with cases rising...I’m just not sure if we should risk it. I’d feel horrible if we brought it home because selfishly, we wanted a vacation.

That is 100% not a judgement on anyone else by the way...seriously! I know we’re all struggling with similar concerns and everyone has to decide their comfort level. That’s just kind of where I’m at this week.

Hopefully it’s a temporary spike and a few weeks from now things will be back on the decline....

Still scheduled for 8/17-8/23 and are leaning more toward going than not...but the recent upward trend in COVID cases has me starting to hesitate. We’ve been several times, so going at a slower pace is no big deal for us and may actually be refreshing after the chaos of the past several months. But with cases rising...I’m just not sure if we should risk it. I’d feel horrible if we brought it home because selfishly, we wanted a vacation.

That is 100% not a judgement on anyone else by the way...seriously! I know we’re all struggling with similar concerns and everyone has to decide their comfort level. That’s just kind of where I’m at this week.

Hopefully it’s a temporary spike and a few weeks from now things will be back on the decline....
I knew it would spike because of all the people out and about after things opened back up.

We're scheduled for August 18-September 1 and we're watching the EO and how that plays out as we are from NY. My wife basically says if we go to have low expectations and she's right. We went from trying to develop a no-park-hopping-park-reservation-will-the-pool-be-crowded? plan to can-we-even-leave-MCO-when-we-land? And, just sayin, my wife and I had the damn COVID already so throw us a bone lol. Getting antibody tests on the 2 girls in a few weeks along with their annual bloodwork. We shall see....Plan B? 3 weeks next August (we're not even thinking about the Columbus Day weekend quick trip we have scheduled now).

We cancelled our end of August trip and switched our dates to April. We just can’t take extra time off to quarantine for 14 days upon return. We are Disney every 5-10 year people, and this was going to be the kids first time there so want to wait so they can get more of the complete experience. Hoping it’s mostly back to normal by then but who knows.
If we were the type of people who went every year kind of thing I actually wouldn’t mind going.

We're scheduled for August 18-September 1 and we're watching the EO and how that plays out as we are from NY. My wife basically says if we go to have low expectations and she's right. We went from trying to develop a no-park-hopping-park-reservation-will-the-pool-be-crowded? plan to can-we-even-leave-MCO-when-we-land? And, just sayin, my wife and I had the damn COVID already so throw us a bone lol.
Us too, same dates, also from NY, also waiting for the darn EO to be gone. Hope we are both lucky enough to have it all work out. My job has been open throughout, so I've been doing my work plus covering for 2 others, so even a laid-back Disney trip would be welcome. Will definitely miss the DP, but we'll eat well regardless.

I am excited to go but am increasingly just nervous about the whole thing. We have a cruise 8/21-8/24 with 2 nights pre- and post- using DVC points. If my cruise is cancelled, I'm stuck with no hotel as of right now. I can try to book something with DVC but don't want to use points if I don't have to. We could do the beach in between, I guess. I just want to know, but I know it's not an easy situation for anyone.

We have a trip planned around a short cruise too. I'm planning to book a universal stay for our 3-night cruise dates if (starting to look like when) it gets cancelled. The Universal water park looks nice and while we've avoided Universal thus far because we have little kids too small for most rides, we can do half days at the park and spend the rest at the resort.

from nj so have to consider with the executive order to quarantine unless it's lifted for aug. dh needs his job schedule known by july 31 for the following month so i guess that's my deadline? and rise in covid in fl has me concerned.

We aren’t going to cancel until the new reservation system is up and we see how it works. If we can schedule ahead of time and know we are going to get in the parks all 6 days of our trip, we will go. If it is something where we have to get up early everyday of the trip to try to get into a park, we will cancel. We went to Silver Dollar City last weekend to try it out with masks. It wasn’t pleasant, but we found some ways to help make it bearable. We brought about a half dozen kinds of masks/gaiters to see what is going to be most comfortable. We bought some things to go on your neck for cooling and also neck fans. It won’t be ideal, but we can live with it.

We aren’t going to cancel until the new reservation system is up and we see how it works. If we can schedule ahead of time and know we are going to get in the parks all 6 days of our trip, we will go. If it is something where we have to get up early everyday of the trip to try to get into a park, we will cancel. We went to Silver Dollar City last weekend to try it out with masks. It wasn’t pleasant, but we found some ways to help make it bearable. We brought about a half dozen kinds of masks/gaiters to see what is going to be most comfortable. We bought some things to go on your neck for cooling and also neck fans. It won’t be ideal, but we can live with it.

What did you find worked the best?

We are still planning on our August trip even with masks. Our thought is that hopefully there is enough indoor space to make it bearable. Hershey Park (our local park) just announced their guidelines for reopening July 3, and they also have the mask requirement but we feel that would be unbearable as they have virtually no indoor queuing or A/C.

We've made the decision to hold onto our reservations for now and see what happens with the new reservation system. The EO is out of our hands at this point, and is just another thing that may decide whether we go or not.

For me, the longer this unknowing goes on, the more paranoid I become and the more I over think things. Things like are the resorts going to be completely full with everyone moving their reservations over? If I can't get a park reservation I wonder how much we can actually do in a full resort with limited pool capacity and limited dining.

We have August 15-23 booked, but we're 99% sure we're going to cancel. It just feels so risky to go, especially with the rise in coronavirus cases. Plus my kids will probably have trouble wearing masks all day. But I want to go so badly. :(

my stay was at yacht club in late aug. so i guess that's not happening due to nba staying there. curious where i will be rebooked in for resort stay but probably not going. i think i'm in a fantasy right now keeping the reservation. like i have this golden ticket that not many have and wishing it will come true.....

my stay was at yacht club in late aug. so i guess that's not happening due to nba staying there. curious where i will be rebooked in for resort stay but probably not going. i think i'm in a fantasy right now keeping the reservation. like i have this golden ticket that not many have and wishing it will come true.....

Same here. Aug 5-12, YC. I'm in Texas, and every day is the largest number of confirmed cases yet. I'm now thinking we should just reschedule for spring break 2021. If we are ever given the option to reschedule.

The latest announcement said you could cancel up until check in day until I think it was October 3rd.

I've been trying to find this out too, even though we are like 99% cancelling at this point. We have a July 31 arrival date, and according to everything I have read, if I don't cancel by June 30th\29 days out, I lose the $200 deposit. This is the latest info on the Disney web site that I could find. Even a CM, two of them when I called, could not point me to anything different than this:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/terms-conditions-travel-agent-package-2020/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter