Aulani DVC sold out?

Noah_t

Mouseketeer
I finally found an almost perfect Aulani contract. 600 points with subsidized dues that even matched my BLT use year. Its even split up into three contracts which would help if i ever had to downsize points which is a distinct possibility. It was a little more than I wanted to pay but is a fair price, especially since it is subsidized. I pretty much need to rent out some points to help but we should be able to make this work. Does anyone know if Aulani is close to being sold out?

so 200 x3 = 600? not bad. Not sold out from my understanding. We got 200+250 earlier this year ourselves too :) Good luck!

When do you plan on going? The reason I ask is because Aulani doesn't seem that tough to get at the 7 month window and you will likely have an easier time reselling a resort that isn't Aulani when it comes time to do so. Seems like Aulani is about the least desirable DVC resort to own at and even with the dues subsidized they seem to be increasing at a rate higher than the WDW resorts are so likely will pass many of the WDW resorts in a few years making it even less desirable

When do you plan on going? The reason I ask is because Aulani doesn't seem that tough to get at the 7 month window and you will likely have an easier time reselling a resort that isn't Aulani when it comes time to do so. Seems like Aulani is about the least desirable DVC resort to own at and even with the dues subsidized they seem to be increasing at a rate higher than the WDW resorts are so likely will pass many of the WDW resorts in a few years making it even less desirable
Yes but because of that lower desirability you can buy a 40+ year resort for under 100$/Point. Also the subsidy is about 30%. It would take a huge increase for it to start to become some of the more expensive maintenance fees. Aulani subsidized has consistently ranked as the most economical resort to own on a price per point calculation. I do agree though and know it might be a possibility for it to one day surpass the others. As for desirability, us being in Vancouver Aulani is closer than most of the places I go camping here. Our favorite camping spot is Tofino and takes 8 hours to get to. Oahu is also an extremely affordable place to fly with many non stop routes. In fact we are able to fly once a year using points. Now if that contract were not split into three I would never have bought 600 points.

PS I really do appreciate being shown opposing views and contradictory opinions to mine. It can help balance stupid thinking we all fall prey too.

Aulani is nowhere close to sold out direct. That said, "direct" benefits are rubbish if your goal is to own AUL points to use at AUL, but the subsidized dues are NOT rubbish.

Know that AUL points likely won't get you VGC in California on any consistent basis, and booking at WDW may be hit or miss by season.

I have a Bay lake contract for when I absolutely have to have Disneyworld and traveling January to August there seems to be a ton of availability in one bedrooms. Now all I really want is a beach club to get us in that pool in the summers....

Where did you find the resale contract with subsidized dues? Those are rare and definitely worth paying up for if you can find them.

I spent one year looking for that contract. A lot of people want them so if you find one and its not unreasonable do not delay in putting in an offer. Someone else also pointed out to me how much Aulani dues have gone up so keep in mind it might not be such a great deal one day. Also the 7 month availability is pretty darn good there so maybe a nice affordable SSR with low dues would work.

2026ish for Aulani to sell out but that was pre COVID and it could legitimately be for sale for another decade.

Yeah, Aulani is barely over half sold out from what I read before, and the problem is it's selling at an even slower pace than when it opened.

It seems to be predicted to take 1.5x to 2x times longer to sell the 2nd half as compared to the 1st half.

So, 9-10 years for the 1st half, so maybe 15-20 years for the 2nd half? In any case, I am very happy with my two Aulani contracts. Congrats on finding three, you can always unload one to another happy buyer when you need to.

Great3

Lol. Just went ahead and locked in another 200pt at 92$ subsidized. Don't mind having bunches of these as justifies me bumping to 1BR or 2BR at VGC in short notice stays when they pop up and save the VGC for 11month studio runs. The 25%+ discount is worthwhile.

As others pointed out, for us West coasters. AUL shorter jump than WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter