Aulani Studio- can it accomodate family of 4?

kkmcan

Official Mouse Fan
So I am looking for a short stay (3-4 nights) at Aulani and I'm so conflicted with choosing a studio or a 1 bedroom. We are 2 adults (dh and I) and 2 teens (boy and girl who sleep separately).

We now travel with a twin size air mattress to accommodate one of our kids. The other sleeps on the other double bed if we get a room with 2 doubles or the fold out sofa.

So my question is will we even fit in the studio?? Is there room to put a twin size air mattress on the floor?

In the one bedroom I see there is a fold out sofa and a fold down bunk style bed in the tv case in the sitting area. I think that will work for my kids as they are kind of on the short side especially my dd. She is 16 but probably only 5 ft tall.

The studio is a much better deal but I don't know if this will just be to cramped for 4 nights.

Any thoughts, or advice? Thanks!

Hi there,

I have stayed in both the studio & 1 bedroom villas with my young family of four. In my case it works out well, my children are only 5 & 6 and are still happy to share a sofabed. It was a luxury to have the 1 bedroom villa though and my son loved the pull-out bed under the tv, my daughter had her own space on the sofa, they sure loved it. In your case, I would go for a 1 bedroom villa, especially if the kids wont share a bed, it is cramped enough with the sofa pulled out. The studios come in a couple of shapes but i think you would just fit the matress in, perhaps in the hallway! You just would have trouble moving about. It would depend on if this bothered you or not. Have a great time!

I suppose you COULD by having the ladies sleep together and the guys in the other bed, but I am not certain an air mattress would be convenient in the Aulani studio. Now, saying you could...would I? NOT ON YOUR LIFE! Especially with boy girl teens. Aulani is one place where we really enjoyed our room and spent more time there than we ever do at WDW. Mostly that was because of the great view. We were just 3 of us (DH and me plus our adult son). We had plenty of space in the 1 bedroom, but I would not have wanted us to all sleep in the same room.

Thanks for the responses. Dh and I don't like to do girls in one bed, boys in another. DS kicks and thrashes and no one likes to sleep in the same bed with him. :rotfl:

Sounds like we'd be more comfortable in the one bedroom. I was leaning more towards that anyways because of the full kitchen and having 2 tvs will really be nice. Not that we'll watch a lot of tv but right before going to bed it's nice to watch a little. Kids can watch in the sitting room and dh and I can watch in the bedroom. It's going to be quite a bit more but this will probably be our only trip to Aulani and possibly Hawaii.

So the convertible bed just below the tv... can it be flipped down with the sofa bed pulled out? We need both beds.

Thanks!

I think it might be a bit crowded for four of you. Since your teens sleep separately and you plan on bringing an air mattress I don't believe it will fit without the possibility of someone stepping on him/her. While I was at Aulani a few months ago I ran into a couple who where staying in a studio room with her parents (four adults) and they said the room just was too crowded with everyone's stuff everywhere. Regardless if what you decide to do with the room situation you and your family are going to have a great time.

Aloha

We had a 2 br lock off for the four of us and the studio portion was cramped for just my two teens things!!!!! There is no way IMO 4 of you WITH an air mattress would fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter