Australiankaren waves goodbye

Oh Karen, great to hear from you and you can see why we are proud of our national carrier :thumbsup2 Gosh, hearing about your immigration/customs experience make me even more grateful we got that Fastpass type thing (for want of a better word) when we went through LAX!

Oh my gosh, you will nearly be at WDW by now. How exciting.......:banana:

Glad to see you made it and good to know about Air NZ. Not long until you're at my happy place! Keep us updated.

Great to hear the long haul wasn't too bad - hope the internal flight is good too:)

Sunburnt? Can't even imagine the sun at the moment - it's like winter again here in Melbourne:(

The Bon voyage is a little late...but glad to hear that you made it there safely! Looking forward to your trip report

Thanks mate

Customs is a mess, it's nuts...they make you line up, then do the whole thing, then get your bags and line up again......annoying, and the air con doesn't work too well with so many people, so don't wear a jacket......

Marine was here recruiting in the lobby, had 5 young guys sign up...omg gives me the chills, they didn't look older than 17.... Thank good my boys have options....these guys could be deployed in under 6 months....feel for their mums...

Ok, off to wake the sleeping bear, wish me luck

good luck!! hope everything goes ok with your flight & car rental :thumbsup2

wow. we didn't see anything like that when we were over there (re: recruiting), but when we were in vegas waiting to fly back to LAX there was a huge group of army personnel (troop, regiment??) waiting for a flight back to atlanta as they were on leave & were flying home to their families. they all looked so happy but so many were so young!! :)

Hey people,
We made it.

Let's just say air new Zealand rocks:thumbsup2
Premium economy is the new business class, food was awesome, even got some sleep....

So got here on time, at the radisson now, it's 7.30 pm thur night, I just had. 2 hr nap after spending some time by the pool, now enjoying the free wi fi whilst DH sleeps the sleep of the dead. We have a 12.40 am flight tonight to WDW, so am nervous not to sleep thru.....bar area down here pumping, the burgers look fantastic but I'll wait til the airport.....we had 2 lots of dinners and a breakfast on the way over( business class meals) shout out to our steward Steven...you rock mate....such amazing service and a sense of humor...

Anyway, just trying to get used to all the people...oh and customs is a nightmare here at LAX, they still haven't sorted the line issues...we arrived with flights with air France, air atallia, china, virgin Atlantic etc....just as well we managed to get to the head of the line otherwise we'd still be there.

So excited we see the mouse in less than 12 hrs......and I fel a tad
sunburnt:confused3....so in my moo moo to fly.

Will update when I get to delta club tonight.....

Sounds like the flight to LA was kinda "great" dare I say it :). Wonderful news. Bugger about Customs at LA. It really can get steamy in there.

Thanks mate

Customs is a mess, it's nuts...they make you line up, then do the whole thing, then get your bags and line up again......annoying, and the air con doesn't work too well with so many people, so don't wear a jacket......

Marine was here recruiting in the lobby, had 5 young guys sign up...omg gives me the chills, they didn't look older than 17.... Thank good my boys have options....these guys could be deployed in under 6 months....feel for their mums...

Ok, off to wake the sleeping bear, wish me luck

I think that is soooooooo scary that there was someone there recruiting and 5 guys signed up. I mean seriously, pop through customs, sign your life away. :scared1:. Far out.

I love that there are amazing people who sacrifice their safety to keep us safe but I want them to be making an informed decision to do this, not some spur of the moment, hungover from the flight choice. :eek:.

Hi Karen:)

Hope things are going along swimingly for you!!!!

Thanks for the reminder re the customs at LAX. We haven't flown direct to LAX for quite some time now, but the first time we did I recall it being a tad unpleasant!!!:worried: Will now also be leaving the jacket off!!!

Can't wait for your next update.

Stay safe:goodvibes

Hope you are relaxing by a pool with a big drink in a hollowed out pineapple with a little umbrella in it :)

Have fun :)

australiankaren said:
Hey people,
We made it.

Let's just say air new Zealand rocks:thumbsup2
Premium economy is the new business class, food was awesome, even got some sleep....

So got here on time, at the radisson now, it's 7.30 pm thur night, I just had. 2 hr nap after spending some time by the pool, now enjoying the free wi fi whilst DH sleeps the sleep of the dead. We have a 12.40 am flight tonight to WDW, so am nervous not to sleep thru.....bar area down here pumping, the burgers look fantastic but I'll wait til the airport.....we had 2 lots of dinners and a breakfast on the way over( business class meals) shout out to our steward Steven...you rock mate....such amazing service and a sense of humor...

Anyway, just trying to get used to all the people...oh and customs is a nightmare here at LAX, they still haven't sorted the line issues...we arrived with flights with air France, air atallia, china, virgin Atlantic etc....just as well we managed to get to the head of the line otherwise we'd still be there.

So excited we see the mouse in less than 12 hrs......and I fel a tad
sunburnt:confused3....so in my moo moo to fly.

Will update when I get to delta club tonight.....

I'm sitting at the qantas club waiting for a flight to Melbourne but I'm secretly pretending I'm flying to Disney :) enjoy your holiday.

So it's 12.30 am, the dh is sleeping the sleep of the dead, I had a 6 hr nap, then have spent the last 2 hrs looking around pop and art of animation. AOA is awesome, really well themed....mermaid winG opens tomorrow.

We have a king room, ground floor near the lifts , disabled room. I asked for top floor, away from the lifts not disabled room....:confused3...check in was a night mare, the girl on the desk didn't tell us anything, just as well we know the drill. BTW pop no longer provide pool towels, you have to take them from your room, and you can't buy AP'S here either...the chick said yes to both..idiot.:crazy2: went and complained about her to the night manager....this is the reason we bought DVC..it's all coming back to me now:lmao:

Anyway, spent a Few $$$$ on stuff, tomorrow we got to DTD to get car and now pick up our AP's...then off to epcot for garden grill dinner.

Flight was awesome but long...glad to be here now for a while.....BLT on Sunday.....maybe there we'll get some customer servicepixiedust:

Shower ...then back to bed...humid, wet and sticky was the weather tonight...MNSSHP was also on so am expecting the noise to increase soon as everyone gets back.....went to the food court 10.30 pm and it was jammed packed..I forgot about that.

Night:crowded:

So it's 12.30 am, the dh is sleeping the sleep of the dead, I had a 6 hr nap, then have spent the last 2 hrs looking around pop and art of animation. AOA is awesome, really well themed....mermaid winG opens tomorrow.

We have a king room, ground floor near the lifts , disabled room. I asked for top floor, away from the lifts not disabled room....:confused3...check in was a night mare, the girl on the desk didn't tell us anything, just as well we know the drill. BTW pop no longer provide pool towels, you have to take them from your room, and you can't buy AP'S here either...the chick said yes to both..idiot.:crazy2: went and complained about her to the night manager....this is the reason we bought DVC..it's all coming back to me now:lmao:

Anyway, spent a Few $$$$ on stuff, tomorrow we got to DTD to get car and now pick up our AP's...then off to epcot for garden grill dinner.

Flight was awesome but long...glad to be here now for a while.....BLT on Sunday.....maybe there we'll get some customer servicepixiedust:

Shower ...then back to bed...humid, wet and sticky was the weather tonight...MNSSHP was also on so am expecting the noise to increase soon as everyone gets back.....went to the food court 10.30 pm and it was jammed packed..I forgot about that.

wow sucks that you didn't get any of your room requests and that their customer service was less than magical.

great to hear about AoA though -- i've been talking it up to the others for when we stay there next year in one of the family suites, so glad to hear that it's well themed :)

enjoy :)

Great to hear from you Karen!! :cool1: I'm leaning more and more towards renting points to stay DVC if we ever go again. I'd love to buy but would have to win Lotto for that :rotfl2: That is shocking that POP does not provide pool towels :crazy2:

Great to hear from you Karen!! :cool1: I'm leaning more and more towards renting points to stay DVC if we ever go again. I'd love to buy but would have to win Lotto for that :rotfl2: That is shocking that POP does not provide pool towels :crazy2:

When you are jet lagged and all you want to do is have a dip in the pool, and then find out you have to either ring housekeeping and they bring them, or go to the lobby or just buy your own.....so I bought tonight a mine seagull towel from AOA.....so pack your towels if you are staying at pop....just had a loong shower, at least the water is hot:worship:

Off to be now, let the adventure continue:wizard:

I do love wdw, just not pop.......:rolleyes1

Great to hear from you Karen.
Hope you have a wonderful first day tomorrow.

When we go to WDW ( planned for Jan15) we are going to stay at Windsor Hills in a 5/6 bedroom house (even though there are only 4 of us :rotfl:)with private pool. We just like that bit of independance, plus ofcourse the huge amount of room. For less than the cost of a hotel room per night.

Karen, glad you have arrived safely. Wow - not good service there at all. Just remember that you're at WDW, I guess!! ;-)

Caroline -I'm staying at Windsor Hills too! We are just 2 of us in a 3 bedroom town home, but I love the space and the cost..!! ;-)

We'll hear more from you Karen when you can!

I can tell you the customer service is not any better at AOA and whilst it looks awesome we wouldn't stay there again the no towels at the pool is crazy it doesn't really make sense. I can't wait to use our DVC :)
Have a great timepixiedust:

Glad to hear you arrived safely and I totally agree Bout the queue at LAX immigration, it was a shocker for us too :scared1: however by the time we finally got through that we breezed through customs.

Was your connection in Auckland OK ? We had a hiccup there but all turned out ok. I'm off to update my TR....

Andona

Omg ladies, the place is packed. Just got back from epcot, had garden grill, once again a steller experience....picked up car today, they gave us a ford escape suv, so dh very happy not to be in another clown car...:clown:

Did MGM early EMH this morning, great as we have never done MGM in the daylight:lmao:......DTD to get car..then pool for a burn session while doing washing....showered then off to port Orleans riverside for a late lunch, very civilized.....walgreens for medications then back to nap for an hour before epcot....we skipped the fireworks and got back here a few minutes ago.....BTW we were up at 4.45 am....after dh had 15 hrs sleep:crazy2:
So feeling a tad tired now.

Off to bay lake tomorrow, thank god.....I love my DVC....

Love to all
Ozkaren:beach:

Ps we are sunburnt but very happy.....we love our wdwpixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter