Autographs

Ummmm, am I the only one who ONLY ever bothered to collect Disney character autographs (and Marvel)? While I'm sure I've seen famous people I don't stop for them, I would stop traffic for Woody, Buzz or Ariel though - add on Spidey and all ; )

Ummmm, am I the only one who ONLY ever bothered to collect Disney character autographs (and Marvel)? While I'm sure I've seen famous people I don't stop for them, I would stop traffic for Woody, Buzz or Ariel though - add on Spidey and all ; )
I would be another character collector, if not for the pandemic. I think the characters are still distancing, unfortunately. I want at least The Evil Queen's autograph.

I have a few. I refuse to pay for autographs, so even though I love going to cons I never get anything signed there. I have programs autographed by most of the dancers from almost all of the So You Think You Can Dance tours. I got Michael J. Fox, Ernie Hudson, Thomas F. Wilson and a few others on opening day of Universal Orlando. I also have several from my trip to the American Academy of Achievement, which was basically a long weekend during which gifted kids were mentored by people at the top of their field. I'd have to go find my book to remember them all, but I know Jimmy Carter, Ed Asner, and Franco Harris are among them. I met Ray Charles in the elevator that weekend and had a nice chat, but he didn't do autographs. I have a signed copy of Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice, but I didn't get it in person, I bought it at a local bookstore--though I did meet her a few years ago at her Coven Ball. And I have a bunch from Star Wars Weekends. There may be others, but those are the ones I can think of right now.

Going way back - Bob Hope and Jack Benny.

All the Osmonds.

Bruce Jenner (twice)

Last edited:
I’ve got quite a few autographed Playbill’s from Broadway shows and signed CD’s - Britney Spears, Mel B., Lance Bass, Kevin Richardson and Howie D. (From Backstreet Boys), Mandy Moore, Michelle Branch, Nathan Lane, Bebe Neuwirth, Mariah Carey, Brandy, Harvey Fierstein, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Lady Gaga, Jason Mraz

When I go to conventions, to pass the time, I will try to collect autographs. I have a few signed programs from Blizzcon.

During one con though, I was actually purposeful and set out to get Nichelle Nichols and Mae Jemison and got both.

My husband has been collecting autographs for over 40 years. From all different types of people....actors, sports, etc. He has gone to many, many,many autograph shows and met countless celebrities and sports figures. Up till 20 years ago, he had every baseball hall of fame signature on a bat and a ball. He has baseball shirts signed by Pete Rose, Barry Bonds, Reggie Jackson and football jerseys such as Lawrence Taylor. Some cool autographs from Hollywood shows is a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car signed by Dick Van Dyke. A replica I Dream Of Jeannine bottle signed by Barbara Eden, a guitar signed by the band Kiss, poster signed by Clint Eastwood, another poster signed by Arnold Schwarzenegger, Eli Manning signature on a football helmet, Lots of mini helmets signed by NFL players....theres so much more but I don't know all of it.

For those of you that go to autograph signings and bring your own stuff, have you ever had the celebrity take a picture of your item? I've had that happen three times now.

There were baseballs already printed for the 1994 World Series before it was cancelled. I got Pete Rose to autograph one for me.

There were baseballs already printed for the 1994 World Series before it was cancelled. I got Pete Rose to autograph one for me.

In MLB batting practice I've seen all sorts of balls be used, although they're always MLB official balls. I think I saw an All-Star game ball.

Ahh, DS2 has a whole wall of signatures on Funkos and specialty items. He loves voice actors but has also met some others he thought were cool. I remember Henry Winkler spent a long time with him. Said he was delightful. He is collecting Back to Future on a poster - has Michael J Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Thomas Wilson ... he'll keep adding. Has some great stories and memories.

We have Mickey Mantle and Yogi Berra on two baseballs. Met them at a fundraiser for Special Ed Boy Scouts (DS1 was one). Then DS1 got in the newspaper with them.

Me ... I have Tim Curry ❤️ a gift from my son.

Not knocking anyone here, but I’ve never really understood the point of an autograph. Sure, it proves you met them, but someone could have gotten it for you.

Having said that, I have the Barenaked Ladies autographs when they were here for a concert but, due to a blizzard, their equipment wasn’t lol

I've only got a few, mostly books. Neil Gaiman, Diana Gabaldon, Lois Lowry and SE Hinton are the ones I really treasure. I've also got Kid Rock's autograph on a flier from the first time I saw him live, back in 95 or 96, and Alice Cooper's on my School's Out album sleeve, and my husband has a Sergei Federov autographed jersey from back in the Red Wings' glory days. But generally I don't have the patience for autograph seeking and don't care enough to pay for convention signings/photo ops so I don't have many.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter