Grandmaof2

Mouseketeer
I saw on another website a building permit was issued for that area. Any word on what it would be for?

Don't know, but personally I'd love if they'd buy some more of their original 3D glasses for Flight of Passage so it's not blurry for everyone like it is now :oops:

Perhaps they're thinking of adding more to Na'vi river journey like they initially planned? I know they have capacity to make that ride longer.

I believe it's Disneyland.

Iger was talking about Avatar at DLR, but I don't think the plans are solid enough to be pulling permits yet. If so, the Disney blog-o-sphere- would be on fire!

Iger was talking about Avatar at DLR, but I don't think the plans are solid enough to be pulling permits yet. If so, the Disney blog-o-sphere- would be on fire!
Yes, this is what I was thinking of when I posted. Agree!

Don't know, but personally I'd love if they'd buy some more of their original 3D glasses for Flight of Passage so it's not blurry for everyone like it is now :oops:
Take this with a grain of salt but the rumor for why the image is blurry now is that the projectors are positioned incorrectly and they haven't been adjusted to the way they're supposed to be. You can find Reddit posts from 2019 discussing the blurriness so this has been an issue for years.

Take this with a grain of salt but the rumor for why the image is blurry now is that the projectors are positioned incorrectly and they haven't been adjusted to the way they're supposed to be. You can find Reddit posts from 2019 discussing the blurriness so this has been an issue for years.
I rode FOP 3 times during our last trip in Dec 2023. The first and 3rd time was beautiful, crisp, and clear. 2nd time was blurry. I think because of that, it has to do with the glasses you receive, or the seating position in the theatre. My 2 cents anyway.

I saw on another website a building permit was issued for that area. Any word on what it would be for?
The permit is for Flight of Passage and Navi facility building. While we can't see it those two rides are in the "same" building and share facilities like utilities etc. It is why if there is a big issue with one (like smoke), they both have to evacuate.

The permit states that it is for the "ride facility" - labor, material and electrical. No end date so that means less than one year. If it were anything new or of consequence it likely have an end date. Probably just some upgrades or general maintenance.

The company doing the work does "Heating, Ventilating & Air Conditioning Service".

I rode FOP 3 times during our last trip in Dec 2023. The first and 3rd time was beautiful, crisp, and clear. 2nd time was blurry. I think because of that, it has to do with the glasses you receive, or the seating position in the theatre. My 2 cents anyway.
I rode it last sunday and it was blurry. I was in the middle so I think it could be a mixture of both. The projector theory is what I heard from people claiming to work on the ride but who knows if that's true or not.

The permit is for Flight of Passage and Navi facility building. While we can't see it those two rides are in the "same" building and share facilities like utilities etc. It is why if there is a big issue with one (like smoke), they both have to evacuate.

The permit states that it is for the "ride facility" - labor, material and electrical. No end date so that means less than one year. If it were anything new or of consequence it likely have an end date. Probably just some upgrades or general maintenance.

The company doing the work does "Heating, Ventilating & Air Conditioning Service".
I'm so interested now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter