[b][b]is It Worth Staying Onsite At Universal????[/b] [/b]

hunter0499

Earning My Ears
My husband are coming to flordia to visit with friends and we decided that we are going two stay a universal for one night with our friends(we can get flordia resident discount) but is it all worth it to stay onsite??? :cool1:

Yep, definitely. I've spoiled myself by staying onsite the past 2 years. Now I won't even consider going unless I can stay onsite. I know, I'm a spoiled brat. ;)

we were only planning on staying one night getting there early am to universal studios and then the next day hit island of adventure is it enough time remember no kids on this trip so we should be able to more faster. also when you stay onsite i thought i saw something about skipping the lines is that true?

I am spolied now myself...I can't go to Universal unless I'm on-site...That FOTL is sooooo worth it!

hunter0499 said:
. also when you stay onsite i thought i saw something about skipping the lines is that true?

Yes, it's true and this is what makes staying on site worth it. You just show your room key at the attractions and get in the express entrance. It's great!

Is it like FP in DW where you come back in an hour of so? or do you just go right into a special line?

You go right into a special line with any other express pass people.

so let me get this straight I can just get right into a special line and not have to worry about an express pass sorry for all the questions but first time at universal

hunter0499 said:
so let me get this straight I can just get right into a special line and not have to worry about an express pass sorry for all the questions but first time at universal
That's correct. You go up to an attraction. You will see a sign that says "Express Entrance" (if you don't see it ask a person working there). You walk up to that entrance and show your room key and go right in. No need to come back later. At very busy times you may have to wait 10 or 15 minutes or so. Most times you will just walk on. It's the best perk ever offered!!

Thanks gschmerl It sounds great, of course now my husband is thinking about staying out of the park any suggestions?

Yep, spending a little extra onsite to skip the lines is SOOOO worth it! My wife and I estimated we saved at least 3-4 hours per day by not having to wait. We rode Mummy, Spider-Man, MIB, all multiple times each day. In fact, on one trip to MIB, we passed the same group of people 3 times as they waited in the regular lines... you should have seen the looks they gave us. :)

Bushman said:
Yep, spending a little extra onsite to skip the lines is SOOOO worth it! My wife and I estimated we saved at least 3-4 hours per day by not having to wait. We rode Mummy, Spider-Man, MIB, all multiple times each day. In fact, on one trip to MIB, we passed the same group of people 3 times as they waited in the regular lines... you should have seen the looks they gave us. :)

I agree! We stayed at the Portofino last year and skipping the lines made all the difference in the trip. If you can afford it, do it. You'll be maximizing your park admission ticket price by doing so.

I AGREE - IT IS ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT!!! :Pinkbounc

Once you experience FOTL, you will be hooked!!

I know this is probably better for another board, but since we're on the topic here... Is there a chance Disney will ever have something like this for guests who stay on-site, or has the place gotten too big to accomodate something like that?

disney has way too many resort rooms compared to the sizes of the parks. standby guests would never get on a ride or an attraction.

Bushman said:
Hello to Bushman....I've been researching the boards for this exact topic. I am Planninig a July visit with 2 Kids at the HRH. What I really would like to know is how crowded can I expect the parks to be? Thanks to all for the info in advance.

It is definately worth the extra money to stay on property at Universal Studios. The front of the line access is the best perk ever. You never have to wait in line no matter how long everyone else has to wait. Also you do not have to drive to Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure when staying on site. They have a boat that picks you up and drops you off. It is the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter