Backstage Magic 12/9 - 12/14.

Here!
I paid off my portion of the trip a few days ago. I still have to call ABD and give them my flight info. (I booked first class BOS-LAX roundtrip with Delta Skymiles. Woohoo!)
I'm flying in the night before and am planning to stay at an LAX hotel so that the next afternoon I can just take the shuttle back to the airport to meet up with the ABD greeters.

It's too bad we don't have any more DIS'ers that are on our trip, but perhaps we'll have some cool people touring with us anyway. (keeping my fingers crossed for at least one single guy... or 2... or 3.... ;) )

This will be a great trip. I just got back and had an awesome time. I flew in early and did the WB Studio 5-1/2 hour tour the previous day and it was well worth the time spent.

Afterwards I stayed at GC for 5 extra days and that was awesome also. Spent time with friends and drove all over So. CA. Went to 2 tapings of Price is Right and that is an experience in itself.

We went behind the scenes of Jimmy Kimmel and several people in the group saw the taping for that evening.

The Kodak Theatre and Henson Studios were a very nice part of the tour.

Paramount Studios (owned by Disney) was a great part of the tour also. We went on several sets there.

Disney Archives just took our breath away. We met with Dave Smith and his stories were great. So much history at the Archives. He presented everyone with his book "A to Z", which he signed personally for everyone.

We were kept busy from am until pm each day.

Small World and HM were still closed for remodeling so we didn't get to see either of them and Crush the Turtle was great. We did go behind the scenes of the Fireworks, Soarin' and Indiana Jones. Those 3 behind the scenes were amazing.

Walt's Apartment was marvelous. We spent quite a bit of time there. Everyone was given quite a nice surprise as we were leaving.

It is wonderful to go inside the park before it opens and take pics and not have heads in the bottom of the frame.

We went to a class to learn how to draw Mckey.

We had VIP seatings for the parade and fireworks.

The farewell dinner was sad.......... One of he Disney Animators drew each guest their special character

There were no children on this trip. But then again it was a special DVC tour with extras added, as special for this trip.

Does anyone know how many people are signed up for the 12/9 tour?

I am trying to convince my hubby, he is waivering. I have to see who can take my kids for the week. I will let everyone knoe if I book, the air is ok and everything is falling into place!!! Wish me luck!!!:wizard:

Hiya improv gal :wave: I sooooooo can't wait until our trip.

Thanks for all the great juicy info Kay. It sounds like such an amazing time. I just gush every time I start telling people about this trip. I am sure some of them are like :confused3 but I know the other people on this trip will be just as ridiculously happy about seeing these special things as I am.
I don't know how many are booked. I haven't spoken to anyone yet but I have some questions cropping up that I think I might have to call & speak to abd about.

I hope you can join us isyt.........here's some pixiedust:

We just got back last night from a week at WDW. Now I am even more excited for the our ABD trip in December, (if that's possible)! :yay:

We made sure to pay our balance before leaving. The next 3 months are going to have me becoming more and more excited!! I just hope we have enough people to carry the trip!

Counting the days . . . .

Bumping us up again...........

We are at 63 days now until we leave for San Diego.........I can't wait!!!!!!

My DH and I are going now. We were originally were booked for December 16th-21st. They called today to cancel and they put us on that trip. I soooo can't wait.

My DH and I are going now. We were originally were booked for December 16th-21st. They called today to cancel and they put us on that trip. I soooo can't wait.

Wow, they canceled the tour after ours? I guess that means they had enough people booked on our dates. I'm sorry that you lost the dates you wanted, but I'm glad you were able to rebook with us. :)

We originally wanted to go on this one, but the cheaper prices were taken. So we booked for the week later. They said only three families booked for the 16th-21st. I actually got a better deal on airfare. I can't complain. :)

:welcome: aburns8
I am so glad that means that we are a go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been worried about whether our trip would make. :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: Did they say how many of us there are???????
I'm gonna call next week for our few priority seatings.:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

I didn't ask how many. They were happy that we were able to go that week. I was worried I wouldn't be able to go at all! I just hope the group isn't too big.

We got our ABD messanger bags today!!! (along with luggage 'spotters', an itinerary and a 30 day countdown to hang on the frig)

Anybody else get theirs?!

I'm super excited about the trip! :banana:

No :sad1: I hope we get ours soon! I was just wondering when we will be getting them. I can't wait for the trip

:cool1:

Hopefully you will get yours today! Anyone else get theirs??

Mickey head magnet for countdown: I was at Target looking at the Christmas decorations and they have a magnetic "Christmas countdown" you can put on a frig ($6.99). It comes with a little silver Mickey head magnet (head is open so you can see the countdown number underneath). It will be a while before the 30 day ABD countdown we got in our package starts, but this Mickey head magnet will be perfect for it!! I have a feeling the magnet will forever be on the frig, no Christmas storage for this Mickey!!

I brought the itinerary book we got with me to work today and I have been consumed with reading it even though I have read several trip reports and know what we will be doing! :rotfl:

This is going to be a great trip!!

I have read many reports as well. I always ruin the surprise for myself :yay: My DH couldn't understand why this trip was so expensive, until I let him read of the report. Hopefully he is just as excited as me. :woohoo:

We got our box today............I was so excited.:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Like a fool I was taking pictures of it for my trip report........I need to get it started soon.
I am calling tomorrow for our 2 dining reservations for after the adventure is over. Sun the 14th Steakhouse for dinner 55 & Mon the 15th Blue Bayou for lunch.
I am sad we won't get to see the electrical parade but everything I can find looks like they aren't starting it until Dec 19th. But I am so excited about everything else that I think I can get over it.:lmao:
Maybe we should post a bit more about ourselves kind of like a get to know each other thing.........
What do you guys think?

Something like this????????????:confused3

Names in your party
Ages (optional of course)
Hometowns
What do you do?
First Disney trip
Last Disney trip before our ABD
Favorite Disney character
Favorite Disney movie
Favorite Disney song

Great idea! BTW still haven't gotten mine :sad1:

Names in your party - Andrea and Brian

Ages (optional of course) - 31 and 34

Hometowns - Rochester Hills, MI

What do you do? - I work in market research and Brian paint houses/engineer

First Disney trip - I went to WDW when I was 4, but since we got married in 2005 )and had our honeymoon there) we have been there 4 times since (last trip in April).

Last Disney trip before our ABD - WDW April

Favorite Disney character - Andrea (Tigger and Mickey)/Brian (Mickey/Goofy)

Favorite Disney movie - Andrea (the Little Mermaid)

Favorite Disney song - Zip-a-dee-do-da (I don't know if I spelled that right).

:wave: Andrea & Brian

Here's our answers.......
Names in your partyMelanie &Eric
Ages (optional of course) will be 41 & 38very soonish
HometownJefferson City TN-close to Knoxville TN
What do you do?Melanie Registered NurseEric Vice President & Senior Operations Officer in a bank
First Disney tripMelanie 1979Eric 1984
Last Disney trip before our ABD7 night cruise Halloween cruise on the Disney Magic last October...we won the costume contest in the most Disney category dressed as Mary Poppins & Bert
Favorite Disney characterMelanie Mickey Mouse/Snow White/Mary Poppins Eric Sorcerer Mickey
Favorite Disney movieMelanie Mary Poppins/Beauty & the BeastEric Hercules
Favorite Disney songMelanie So This is LoveEric When you wish upon a star

Anybody else got any more questions..............

I got my ABD box today! Yippee!!!
I must admit, though, that while the messenger bag looks quite nice (the embroidered logo is great!), it's just too big and heavy to be something I'd actually travel with. I'm only 4'10" and it's just too much bag!

Here's my info:

Name: Amy

Hometown: RI. The state's small enough that I don't need to narrow it down any further. ;)

What I do: health data analytics for a health insurer

First Disney trip: December 1975

Last Disney trip before this ABD: 10 nights at the tail end of Epcot's Food & Wine Festival (Oct/Nov 08)

Next Disney trip after this ABD: 1/24/09 -- Discovery Down Under! Woohoo!
Favorite Disney character: it used to be Tinker Bell before she got merchandised to death. I'm currently feeling a bit Megarish.

Favorite Disney movie: Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Favorite Disney song: "It's Fun to Be Free"

Wow, a Halloween cruise. I think I will look into that one next year since we planning on going on one. I have never been on a cruise and I want my first one to be a Disney one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter