Backstage Magic 12/9 - 12/14.

Just arriving home from Disneyland tonight. You are in for quite the treat on Main Street!

The weather was cool during the day and cooler at night. Today (Friday) was the first day of it actually being warm. When we flew in, earlier in the week, there was fog in our State. Same for flying home tonight in Northern CA. I wore capris, short-sleeved shirts and light hooded sweatshirts during the day. I wore jeans, cotton long-sleeved shirts, a heavier jacket and scarf on at night. (If you forget one, Disneyland has a BUNCH of scarfs out now. Soft chenille and wool-types.) I usually wear gloves there at night, but never took them out this time. The News Reports were saying 70's this week around Anaheim. But, we were told that too and it ended up being in the 60's during the day all week.

Take time to watch Billy Hill and the Hillbillies in Frontierland. They have two different leads and both are not disappointing!

It is also great to see the Sleeping Beauty walk-through in the castle again. Yeh Tony Baxter! (I saw him in the park today!)

I hope Diana is one of your Tour Guides. She is WONDERFUL!!!!

Have the most magical time all of you!!! Take everything in sllooowwwly. :)

Thanks for the info on the weather jacksparrowfan.......I have been wondering what to pack!!!!!!!!!

How cool that you saw Tony Baxter.

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This time in 2 days we will be on our plane headed to California!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at the countdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe we leave tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
100_4349.jpg

Can't wait to meet everybody!!!!!!!

I am at the gate at O'Hare right now waiting for the plane. I am really excited to meet everyone. Guess I will eat some breakfast now. :)

Hope you are enjoying your tour - it was a great experience. If your tours guides are Diana, Jaime or Julie, please tell them John, Jake & Stacy say hello. We were on one of the August tours.

:wave: Hey everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all made it home safe.

I thinks it is an understatement to say this was a trip of dreams for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How great was this trip........so great it is almost hard to put into words.

I sooooo enjoyed meeting & spending time with everyone.

I miss you guys & Disneyland already. :sad2:

Stacy........Diana was one of our guides & she was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back Melanie!

How was the tour you took?

Andrea-the tour was really pretty good. I already knew alot of the info presented, but it was nice to slow down & take a closer look at the park & the details. Going into club 33 was really cool & hearing that the elevator was something Walt saw in Paris & tried to buy but they wouldn't sell it to him so he sent Imagineers over to sketch it from every angle possible so they could come back & recreate it at Disneyland. I asked the hostess about the list to join & she said it is so full that it is now closed & she said the average wait time to get into the Club once you get on the list is 10 years.

Thanks for letting me know you had Diana as a guide Disneygrl36. She does an excellent job. Hope you had a great adventure.

Who was you other guide?

By the way, I had Diana before all of you. Yes, I'm setting that territory. :tongue:

The other guide was Kristin, and this was her first adventure. She did a wonderful job and had the Disney spirit!

Well I'm glad you had a good time, but I have one more question.

When you entered the Grand Californian, were you welcomed by a Disney ambassador? If so, was his name Quinn?

We were welcomed by a Disney ambassador, but it wasn't Quinn. It would have been nice to meet him since I have heard a lot of wonderful things about him here.

Welcome back everyone! I had a great time meeting you guys. I miss the Clearance Sweatshirt Jacket Brigade already. ;)

Stacy, I told Diana you said hi, and Max, Diana remembered you. I told her I managed to use the "Max Ackerman Technique" because my FP was given back to me on a couple of occasions.

Of course, after we rode Tower of Terror with the group and split up a bit, I rode the Monsters Inc ride with Melanie and Eric (her DH). And what happened at the exit? The Dream Squad awarded us Dream FastPasses.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I didn't use it, of course. In fact, I didn't use ANY of the FastPasses given to us that day at all. I did a lot of single rider on Toy Story Mania, and I really didn't feel like doing much of anything but walk around. I had a relaxing solo lunch at Carnation Cafe and found Improvgal in the standby line for the candy canes with Sue and Brian.

It was a great trip, and I would definitely do another Adventures by Disney trip someday.

I'm sorry you guys didn't get to meet, Quinn, he's amazing, as is the rest of the ABD team.

And thank you for using the technique, it means a lot to me. And don't forget to spread it around!

DIANA!!!!!!! I know that one, and I'm glad she's doing this tour. When I had her, she wasn't actually going to do them. I'm glad someone changed their mind, she's great. As was my other guide, Michael.

See, now you have me remenicing...
I remember when Quinn and Robyn were ABD shadows and the Max Ackerman technique was in its infancy.

See, look what you've done, now I need to go back to Disneyland and see all of them.

We didn't use our dream fast passes either Lori........mine is still all pristine for my SCRAPBOOK!!!!!!!!!
I went back to get my hoodie on Monday & they were all gone. :sad2: That picture of you guys all in your matching hoodies was too cute.

I believe the Disney ambassador that we met was named Liz & she did a great job of welcoming us, but I was hoping to meet Quinn as well.

Diana was the BEST & I about let my mouth hang wide open when we found out it was Kristin's first adventure.......she did a GREAT job.

Got my on-line survey today & gave it EXCELLENT's almost exclusively.

Max, I mentioned you to Diana when we were talking about the blogs. She had fond memories of you guys on the dress rehearsal. Robynn popped by & said hello to us as well as we were having lunch at Cafe Orleans so we met her briefly.

So not only did you have Diana, but Robyn stopped by? I needed to be on this tour.

I expect to see pictures.

Hi all! I've felt a little lost all week not having our amazing tour guides to tell us where we are going and to have you all to follow around and enjoy the magic with!! :sad1:

I joined the Clearance Sweatshirt Brigade by buying myself one on Sunday evening (couldn't resist). I also bought them for all the girls in my family for Christmas (mom, SIL, niece) :rolleyes1

Any body gotten their Photo Pass info yet? I'm chomping at the bit to get some of those restricted pics that are only on there!

Miss you guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter