Backstage Magic 12/9 - 12/14.

You guys will have such an amazing time. We just got home last week and can't stop talking about our experiences.

Honestly picking one thing will be next to impossible! I really enjoyed the entire trip and looked at each day as building blocks. Each day built on the one before. However, the obvious highlights include Imagineering, the Jim Henson Studios and Walt's apartment.

I probably won't do a trip report just because I have no time! I'm busy at my full time job and my part time jobs leave little time. However like I said in my previous post you guys will have an amazing time, just go with the flow and soak it all in. Half the fun was the surprises they threw at us that we didn't know about.

17 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! til we leave
Anybody else as excited as I am??????????????
Wonder what the weather is going to be like? I can't figure out what to pack.

LOL! I knew Melanie would go nuts and bounce around posting this. :)

I am also in a packing quandry. My plan is jeans, tshirts, and light jackets, with the necessity of my leather jacket as insurance against colder temps.

LOL! I knew Melanie would go nuts and bounce around posting this. :)

I am also in a packing quandry. My plan is jeans, tshirts, and light jackets, with the necessity of my leather jacket as insurance against colder temps.

What do you mean Lori???????? Am I hyper or something? :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :dance3: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I looked at the weather yesterday & it was in the 70's during the day out in Cali. DH & I both got new fleece jackets to bring. I guess we will just have to keep a close eye on the 10 day forecast.

Oh yeah & 15 days!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out http://www.weather.com/. Type in Anaheim, CA and then click on the 10-day forecast. I usually use this when we head South to know what clothes to have. When we go the week after the Thanksgiving, the days are usually comfortable. Maybe sweatshirt weather. We have even worn shorts in the past. At night, it cools down. I have gloves and a scarf (mickey of course) that helps. On the other hand, I do tend to have both warm and cold weather shirts along with some shorts just in case.

Getting closer to your fun-fun-fun!!!! :yay:

P.S. Have you checked out video on how beautiful the Main Street light show, along with the christmas tree, is? Wow! I can't wait to see it in person!!!

:banana: :yay: :banana:

The excitement is building! I'm so excited for the trip!!! Life has been busy lately and it has kept me, for the most part, from becoming completely fixated on the trip.

I've got some clothes thoughts floating around in my head, but I'm not making any decisions until we are much closer to the 9th. I live in MN and I have also been to WDW many times in December, (when we were there in 2004 was it got down in the 30's at night!), so I know to work the layers. Upper 40's at night isn't bad at all. I just hope for little to no rain . . . .

:mickeybar :earsgirl: :mickeybar

15 days for me!!!!
I'm staying at the Westin LAX on the 8th so I can take the airport shuttle back to the airport to meet up with the ABD reps.
I need to wait until it gets closer to the trip before I can even think about what clothes I'm packing. My challenge will be to see if I can stick to just packing a carryon rollaboard and a backpack for the 6 night trip. :)

Check out http://www.weather.com/. Type in Anaheim, CA and then click on the 10-day forecast. I usually use this when we head South to know what clothes to have. When we go the week after the Thanksgiving, the days are usually comfortable. Maybe sweatshirt weather. We have even worn shorts in the past. At night, it cools down. I have gloves and a scarf (mickey of course) that helps. On the other hand, I do tend to have both warm and cold weather shirts along with some shorts just in case.

Getting closer to your fun-fun-fun!!!! :yay:

P.S. Have you checked out video on how beautiful the Main Street light show, along with the christmas tree, is? Wow! I can't wait to see it in person!!!

Thanks for the info on what to pack.
I am trying not to watch videos & stuff so I can be totally surpised when I see them in person. So hard to do though knowing what great stuff is out there on YouTube.

I have been watching the Jimmy Kimmel website to see who will be the guests while we are there.
So far the only guest listed is Brian Austin Green (you know, David from 90210). :confused3 Thinking we will probably just do our own thing that night instead of asking for tickets unless they add someone else that sparks my interest.

Biran Austin Green? That isn't worth sitting in the audience for... I can't believe we leave so soon!!!

I have been watching the Jimmy Kimmel website to see who will be the guests while we are there.
So far the only guest listed is Brian Austin Green (you know, David from 90210). :confused3 Thinking we will probably just do our own thing that night instead of asking for tickets unless they add someone else that sparks my interest.

Maybe some ice cream at the Soda Fountain and a movie at the El Capitan instead of Jimmy Kimmel. Thats what I would like to do next time. We wanted to go to the Soda fountain after the Jimmy Kimmel show and it closes early.

That would be a good plan. Bolt is showing & I would really like some ice cream from the soda fountain.
When we get back from the tour that day, we plan on doing the Graumanns tour. I would then like to check out the Hollywood Roosevelt hotel at the recommendation of a fellow disboarder. It's only like a block away & Marilyn Monroe lived there. We might have a bite to eat there at the burger restaurant 25 degress as she suggested or walk back over to Hollywood & Highlands to eat. Guess, we will play it by ear but I am sure no matter what we do it will be fun.

I'll admit that I was always more of a Jason Priestley fan than a Brian Austin Green fan. However, going to see Jimmy Kimmel Live will be worth it to me just to see... Jimmy Kimmel live. Shhhhhhh.. don't tell him, but I've had a bit of a crush on him ever since Win Ben Stein's Money. :lovestruc

I was thinking of requesting tickets on my own just to make sure I got into the taping, but if y'all aren't looking to fight me for tickets I guess that may not be necessary.

13 days!!!

(oh, and in other ABD news I just got a nice little notification from ABD saying that Australia has decided to let me into the country after all. <G>)

Amy,
I had forgotten that Jimmy Kimmel was on that show. I think it's cute you have a crush on him. Go for it girl.
I just looked at the site again & still only Brian Austin Greene, but guess who is on the next night. TOM CRUISE. I know he's gone a bit bazonkers these days, but I sure did love him back in the Top Gun days. Now I would go to see him for sure.

Amy,
I had forgotten that Jimmy Kimmel was on that show. I think it's cute you have a crush on him. Go for it girl.
I just looked at the site again & still only Brian Austin Greene, but guess who is on the next night. TOM CRUISE. I know he's gone a bit bazonkers these days, but I sure did love him back in the Top Gun days. Now I would go to see him for sure.

Meh. I'd rather see Brian Austin Green than Tom Cruise. I want to go to the Jimmy Kimmel taping because of the fact that I've never been to a taping of any show since....I was 5 years old at the Bozo the Clown show. I'd really like to see a show in production, especially after touring it that day.

And hey, if you'd rather have ice cream instead of seeing the show, I also won't have to fight you for a ticket. :laughing:

Happy Turkey Day everybody...........
100_4463.jpg

More complete line-up for Jimmy Kimmel:

Actress Zooey Deschanel (Yes Man), actor Brian Austin Green, musical guest Adele

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter