Bama ED's Live Trip Report March 18-24, 2012

Hey Ed -- great trip report. I hope you enjoy your trip?

How is Bama going to do this fall?

Hey Ed -- great trip report. I hope you enjoy your trip?

How is Bama going to do this fall?

Bill,

Lots of talent leaving on defense - they will be high draft picks in the NFL draft this spring. We reload at running back after Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson. Schedule has neutral site game to start the season versus Michigan and on the road at Lsu. The lsu game is the one that worries me. Both teams should be very good heading into it.

Fingers crossed. Roll Tide! :cheer2:

Bama ed

Well from a Vol fan to a Bama fan, I hope you are having a great time. The Fort is something that can bring even SEC football fans together.

Can't wait to see tomorrow's installment.

Really enjoying your reports....just like I'm there with you! Hope you and your fam are having a great time.

Melissa

13 days till we are there!

Great report. My parents are in 1500 this week and next week. We will be down there next week for a few days with them. Stop by and say hi to Larry and Judy from Indiana. They have a pop-up (Jayco, I think) with a white Chevy truck with a crew cab.

Andrew,

I met your dad this morning on the way to the comfort station. Imagine his surprise when I greeted him by name as he walked off his site. :goodvibes

He is avery nice man. Sounds like you have a lot of family fun planned. We talked popups and he told me the unfortunate circumstances of how he came to have this popup. He also said ya'll make fun of how long he takes to get ready (or something like that).

Travel safely, have fun, and treasure those family multigenerational vacations together.

Bama ed

I love the live entertainment in the parks. In the MK the Dapper Dans singing barbershop harmony are my faves.

IMG_20120320_153838.jpg

Rehab work continues on Big Thunder Mtn.

IMG_20120320_161602.jpg

IMG_20120320_161608.jpg

And more

IMG_20120320_162010.jpg

IMG_20120320_170226.jpg

IMG_20120320_172041.jpg

IMG_20120320_193824.jpg

IMG_20120320_194033.jpg

IMG_20120320_194242.jpg

IMG_20120320_200154.jpg

That is all for tonight.:surfweb:

Bama ed

Bill,

Lots of talent leaving on defense - they will be high draft picks in the NFL draft this spring. We reload at running back after Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson. Schedule has neutral site game to start the season versus Michigan and on the road at Lsu. The lsu game is the one that worries me. Both teams should be very good heading into it.

Fingers crossed. Roll Tide! :cheer2:

Bama ed

LSU picked up our secondary coach about a month ago, so I'd expect their DB's to underperform next year. Folks around here were glad to see his one-year stint with the Huskers end. Our secondary took a step back last year under his watch.

LSU picked up our secondary coach about a month ago, so I'd expect their DB's to underperform next year. Folks around here were glad to see his one-year stint with the Huskers end. Our secondary took a step back last year under his watch.

Bill, you got a good recruiter and solid DB coach from the Vols. We are having our problems right now but DB's wasn't one of them.

This is how the magic happens. Hard work by CMs - this one pressure washing at Pioneer Hall.

IMG_20120321_073852.jpg

Charlie the horse getting a scrub bath at the horse barn. He works the Main Street trolley

IMG_20120321_074124.jpg

Apparently he is not the first horse to chew on that horizontal fence post.

IMG_20120321_074555.jpg

Steam rising off the hot tub by the pool.

IMG_20120321_080121.jpg

Some plants between the main road and 600 loop continue to grow in and provide privacy. They are staked/posted and have a xrip hose to water them.

IMG_20120321_090205.jpg

The mrning segway tour is set up behind the bike barn. Looks like a lot of folks today. I did this last trip. Very fun.

IMG_20120321_091014.jpg

More magic. A street cleaner comes thru the loop every morning.

IMG_20120321_091407.jpg

These routine, mundane, day to day pix show another side of the Fort. I hope u enjoy them.

Bama ed

What time did the street sweeper come thru this morning?

Also how dark is it at night if you make a midnight run to the comfort station? Need a flashlight? Ladies feel safe walking alone?

There is minimal lighting around the fort at night in the loops. Suggest a flashlight definitely and don't forget your keycard as you need them to get in the bathhouses at night. Safety has never been a concern of mine at the fort. On your reservation, ask to be placed near a comfort station.

Bama Ed - great trip report!!!

I agree with bigblock. The sign on the doors says key cards are needed to enter between midnight and 6 am.

Bama ed

We had our TA have us listed for being near the comfort stations and the size of our tent.

I really enjoy the picture of the steam rising off the pool. All is quiet at the fort while the kids begin to wake and people head off to the comfort stations with anticipations of a big and exciting day! Great thread Ed, keep it up!

I agree - I've never been nervous for my safety during a nighttime potty run...but I have made the dreaded mistake of not bringing my key card along...you do that only once when you're on the opposite side of the loop from the CS!

Nice pIctures! Many Jealous readers, don't think we are going to make the fort this year. Hopefully next summer though. :goodvibes

After a rough day at work this is a nice pick me up! Only 17 more days and I will be there myself.

Bama ed it seems like your family is having a great vacation so far, I can not wait to read and see more!:)

ArielRae,

I forgot to add the street sweeper came around both mornings i've been at the site between 830 & 845 am.

Ed

Andrew,

I met your dad this morning on the way to the comfort station. Imagine his surprise when I greeted him by name as he walked off his site. :goodvibes

He is a very nice man. Sounds like you have a lot of family fun planned. We talked popups and he told me the unfortunate circumstances of how he came to have this popup. He also said ya'll make fun of how long he takes to get ready (or something like that).

Travel safely, have fun, and treasure those family multigenerational vacations together.

Bama ed

Ed,

Yes, he is a very nice man, and he does not know a stranger. And yes, how he came to own the camper is very sad indeed.

Just for the record, he takes 60-90 minutes to get ready in the morning. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter