Bama Ed's Retirement Camping Thread For Spring 2021

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
I've decided I'm going to post a thread here on the Camping Community Board about my Camping Trips this Spring 2021. I was forcibly retired due to the pandemic last summer (not the time of my choosing) but I am fortunate to be able to focus going forward on my family, my faith, and my interests full-time. This thread will be focused on one of my interests that you all share: going camping.

I have quite an aggressive camping schedule this spring. And by "spring" I mean from mid-March to almost July 4. So this is not an "evergreen" thread about my trips that will always be updated. It has a hard-and-fast start date and a hard-and-fast stop date as noted above. I've written elsewhere about my new-to-me tow vehicle (the used Yukon XL) and with DW and my Aliner Expedition we are going to go-go for a while and then pause as we fully enter the hot summer months here in middle Alabama.

There have been a few clues about my plans that I've thrown out in places on the DIS Camping board but I'm not going to do a full reveal now. There are some known plans (DISMeets for example), some old favorites, and one big new exploration in places I've never "towed" you about. Sorry - bad pun. Those of you who know me will not be surprised at all at my destinations - but this is an opportunity to go further and longer without worrying about using up my four weeks of vacation and getting back to the work email backlog upon my return. Or heaven forbid, checking it while on vacation.

That's all for now. Just teeing it up. And please don't expect detailed multiple posts per day (this isn't a WDW trip). My posts will be brief and nearly always in arrears. But pix will be plentiful because ya'll don't want to read my
Iconblah_zpspgzy3ryj.gif
. Goodness knows I don't want to read a long wall of text that is my own writing. :sad2:

Stay tuned.

Bama Ed

PS - I will be accepting bribes from you to NOT be mentioned in my write-ups. Reach deep to remain anonymous if you don't want to get tagged in a post. popcorn::

Last edited:

I'm glad to see you have the opportunity to do this, just not the way it happened

I'm sure I'll get tagged in a Dismeet post, I've got nuthin' to hide :scared:...wait :rolleyes1...checking :magnify:...nope I'm good :thumbsup2

I can honestly say, @tigger92662, that your name will come up on Day 1 of travel. :rolleyes1

It was going to happen anyway - you'll just have to wait to see how/why. It'll be legit.

Ahh The extraordinary adventures of the famous Bama Ed, they will be told to children for ages to come. 🚋
Think of the folk songs to come! Big bad bama ed conquers the north, scapple baned across the states. Bama ed ends hunger at the dismeet with Never ending one pot gumbo. Eds puzzles brings peace to north and south korea as they finally join together. I cant wait to see what happens.

Spence, were you typing out your texts on your phone again with just your pinky fingers? :sad2:

giphy.gif

Meanwhile, preparations are diligently under way.

Bama Ed
Im just starting to come to terms that i have to use cheaters, again. I have come to this on numerous occasions but never committed. I have them , but refuse to let age dictate that i need them. But alas, i just decided to give in. Now to figure out how to bring them with me, and or remember to use them. Hope this dosen't make the top of the bama ed folk songs.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter