BC mugs..is it a nuisance to ask for a refill vs. filling up yourself?

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
We are going to the BCV's for the first time as new DVC members in August. We are so used to the POR mugs and refilling any time we want. I understand you have to hand over your mug to Hurricane Hannah's or B & C staff to refill? Do you feel like it is a pain to go and ask for a second or third refill if you can't help yourself? (geesh, my teen son will not be happy, lol.)

We didn't get a mug at BC for this very reason. I saw on several occasions people lined up out the door to get their refills at Beaches and Cream. Plus, it was so far from our room to go there and get the refill.

I think it's a pain. You usually have to wait in line. They do always rinse the mug at Beaches, which I think is a nice touch.

I think this is te one draw back to the Y&BC. They really need a second casual eatery because of the popularity of Beaches & Cream to guests of other resorts (as much as I like Roaring Forks @ WL, I never make a special trip just to eat there-not so for B&C which is a must no matter where we stay). It is a pain to stand in line for refils. If hurricane Hannah's is open, it's not so bad, but if you want a refil @ night, you are stuck with a wait in line.

Why not just buy soda at the grocery store before you get to the resort and keep in cold in the fridge in your room?

No insult intended to anyone, but it's beyond me why anyone staying at a DVC resort would buy a refillable mug.

Anne

I'm a DVC owner and I would buy a mug if I was staying anywhere but at BCV. I like being able to have a coffee or hot chocolate in the evenings (and not have to make it) and grabbing a soda on the way to the pool is usually a convenience. But I don't like standing in line for it, so I won't get one this time. The best part about the Wilderness Lodge was being able to bypass the people waiting in line to pay for their drinks.

Anne, just because you have a fridge in your room doesn't make it convenient when you're at the pool all day. Or getting off the buses and wanting to perhaps take a walk on the Boardwalk for awhile (and not have to trek all the way back to your room), it sure would be nice to filler up on your own. Not sure where being a DVC member comes into play here, it just doesn't matter if that great fridge is miles away from where you are at.

Just to clarify here, re-fillable mugs can only be refilled at the resort you are staying at.

Originally posted by Jillpie
Anne, just because you have a fridge in your room doesn't make it convenient when you're at the pool all day. Or getting off the buses and wanting to perhaps take a walk on the Boardwalk for awhile (and not have to trek all the way back to your room), it sure would be nice to filler up on your own. Not sure where being a DVC member comes into play here, it just doesn't matter if that great fridge is miles away from where you are at.

Because in your OP you said you were a DVC member staying at the BCV.

Getting off the bus at the BW you're still in the same boat, you can't fill your mug over there, and if you get off at the BC stop it's not that far out of the way to get back to the room--in fact really not much more out of the way than going to B&C or Hurricane Hanna's.

Anne

I have never bought a refillable mug at a deluxe or dvc resort. We just keep drinks in the fridge. If I'm away from my room then I buy a drink.

We had them at POFQ and they were a pain to carry around and remember, and rinse out, and wait in line to fill... eventually we ditched them and I just bought drinks when we wanted one - I like a fresh glass/cup everytime...

I would never by mugs again no matter where I stayed.

>>^..^<<

I didn't mean that I was going to refill them at the BW. Geesh. Where did that come from? I meant when we get off the buses at the BC, it would be nice to go right to the pool or for a WALK on the Boardwalk and filler up. It doesn't matter how far the room is. It still isn't convenient to have to go all the way back there. All I wanted to know was how people found it, a nuisance or not, to have the staff refill their mugs vs. to be able to do it yourself.

I love the BC, but wouldn't buy their refillable mug because of the lines -- even in value season. It's the one drawback to Stormalong Bay pool -- although B&C CMs are fairly fast at serving people. But it is a nuisance to do -- I liked WL (Roaring Forks) better.

Thanks Steve, I haven't yet made up my mind yet whether to purchase a few yet. My sons really love having them before.

If your son really likes them, I would probably purchase one just to have and you could use it at the pool. I might do that and then I could also use it for coffee if I ever wanted to. My son also likes having them and they are convenient at the pool.

That sounds good, maybe I'll start out with one and see how it goes. :D

We're heading to the Yacht Club this summer and I was going to ask the same question-lol.

We'll probably still get them just because I like them, it's nice to be able to just get it filled up like you mentioned. We'll also be spending a lot of time by the pool since we want this trip to a mellow one. I say go ahead and buy one, with the price of soda's being so expensive you'll probably break even after only 3 or 4 refills, plus they're a neat souvenir and fun-lol.

Have a great trip!!!!:wave:

Palmtreegirl, thanks for your feedback! When are you going?

I also like them as souveniers. We didn't buy them at the BCV, because we prefer to make our own coffee when possible, and we aren't big soda drinkers. Also, we wouldn't take them to the parks, so getting refills after exiting the bus or boat wouldn't work for us. We bought a case of water & kept it in our refrigerator. :)

If you're going to be there for a while, I think they're a nice thing to have. If you have any pool days or afternoons scheduled, it will probably be worth it, depending on how much you drink. The take out line at B&C hasn't ever looked long to me.

Didn't I read here that there are quick service breakfast places set up in the YC & BC lobbies? If they have drinks & will refill your mugs, that would be a time savings in the morning.

Thanks. It sounds like it might be a good idea for us to buy the mugs. We have a couple of days planned just for the pool, so it would be great, especially for my kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter