BCV March Reservation Strategy

Dbjr01

Earning My Ears
I’m a VGF owner looking to reserve a 1 bedroom at Beach Club the 2nd week of March in 2025. Is it likely that I can get a reservation at 7 months out or do you think I need to rent BCV points to secure a reservation at 11 months? I know 1 bedrooms have more availability than studios but I also know March is a busy time.

My brother is taking his kids to Beach Club for a March Vacation and we would love to stay at the same resort as them. He’s straight up renting a room.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I'd say it's likely a coin flip in mid-March. The F&G festival is quite popular, and it's not that big a DVC resort. It might depend on how many nights, too. Something to keep in mind, though. The amazing pool there, Stormalong Bay, will be closed the first several months of 2025. So, since many folks do BC/YC/BCV for that pool, you might have a slight decline in reservations for March, 2025! But not totally sure about that. Also, if your family is looking BCV for the pool, this is also important info. Good luck with your plans! Have a great trip - sounds fun with family.

I was about to mention the pool closure for March 2025, too. This could potentially make it a little easier to get a 1BR at BC, the pool is a big draw. Though it may affect regular rooms more then the villas. Definitely confirm with your family they are okay with no Stormalong Bay before renting points, if that is what you decide to do since most point rentals are not refundable.

Does your brother know about the pool closure? I'd let him know ASAP. Might change everyone's plans...

I'm betting I could stalk and waitlist my way to a week reservation for nearly any week of the year for a 1 BR at Beach Club if I had 7 months to piece it together.

I'd really hope he saw the big splash screen they gotta have about it when he booked it?
Depends on how he booked it. By phone, they may not have mentioned it. Or potentially it's a "will be booking" and not "has booked" depending on what kind of "renting a room" is involved, since a DVC rental won't be available until April for next March.

Thanks for the advice everybody. The pool closure is a showstopper for us so we are going to look at different resorts. I’m thinking about animal kingdom or Boulder ridge but I’m not sure yet.

Thanks for the advice everybody. The pool closure is a showstopper for us so we are going to look at different resorts. I’m thinking about animal kingdom or Boulder ridge but I’m not sure yet.
Either resort is a great choice. AKL is our favorite, so we'd lean that way, but BR is really nice, too! I'm not 100% certain, but it seems like AKL would be easier to get what you want at 7 months since they have more DVC. But it's been awhile since we've booked at BR, so not sure how difficult that would be - if the 7 month mark even matters anymore! Sorry that the pool situation at BC made it less appealing. Better to know now, however.....

What is a splash screen?
They’re talking about that thing that happens sometimes when you click on something and a box comes up and is like “ARE YOU SURE?

During peak Covid Disney did this - whenever you tried to buy tickets or a room, up popped a splash screen that was like “HEY IF YOU COME TO OUR PARKS YOU MIGHT DIE OF COVID CLICK HERE TO ACKNOWLEDGE”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter