Be careful converting LMT tickets to APs

hodad

DIS Veteran
Yesterday I upgraded a 5-day LMTClub ticket to a SoCal AP. At first, the AP was set to expire in April 2018, which is a year after I purchased the ticket. I pointed out that first use was July 21 and the CM corrected the expiration date, but if I weren't paying attention, I would have had a 9-month AP.

The same thing happened to us! It was an easy fix at the ticket booth. Made me nervous tho!

The same thing happened to me when I upgraded tickets I bought directly through Disney.

Oh man, just realized this happened to us! We only lost out on 4 days since I bought our tix right before we went.

This is common when the tickets are pre purchased, then upgraded, regardless of where you purchase.

I would also recommend figuring what you expect the difference from current ticket prices to APs to be and if it is different at the booth, ask for explanation. I did not and we only got credit for 4 day hoppers when we had 5 day hoppers. I knew it sounded off but didn't ask. It was only $60 so not worth dealing with now but could have covered a meal.
I wouldn't be argumentative but doesn't hurt to ask for explanation.

EDIT...our dates were fine with LMT tickets.

I would also recommend figuring what you expect the difference from current ticket prices to APs to be and if it is different at the booth, ask for explanation. I did not and we only got credit for 4 day hoppers when we had 5 day hoppers. I knew it sounded off but didn't ask. It was only $60 so not worth dealing with now but could have covered a meal.
I wouldn't be argumentative but doesn't hurt to ask for explanation./QUOTE]Usually, the tickets are coded with what the tickets were valued at within a package. If you bought at a discount, that discount isn't always bridged.

Happened to me when I upgraded me and one of my sons as well as when my husband and Other son upgraded separately. Just pay very close attention when upgrading.

When we upgraded from LMT the CM asked us what was the first day we entered the park. I thought it was odd that she would ask. I was thinking "you have our tickets... can't you scan it and tell when we entered the parks the first time?" I assumed maybe she was asking for security, but perhaps she really didn't know when we had used our tickets the first time.

I think this just happens when tickets are upgraded. Our first receipt said the same thing, but the CM pointed it out and said that she had to manually update the expiration date.

When you are upgrading these tickets, do you have to go into the parks before you can upgrade? I want to add max pass too for our first day and I'm wondering if I need to go into the parks first and then to ticket counter?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter