Be Our Guest Lunch FastPass Thread [PLEASE read the FAQs in the first post!]

Help!! I logged into the FP system a couple days ago, to make sure it would work for me, even though it was a few days before the day for which I wanted a reservation. It worked, but I didn't make a reservation. Now I try to log in and it says this email is already associated with another account. What do I do now?

**Got it solved. Whew! It wasn't letting me log into my MDE account either, so I called IT support and they fixed it. Fixing the MDE issue also fixed the BOG FP site issue. What a thing to happen just on the day I need it to work, ugh. But the IT support person at Disney was helpful and great.

OK, this has probably been answered (sorry) but I can't find it anywhere...

When I open up my BOG reservation, it only shows the first seven days. I can't book until Dec. 1. We are going for 12 days. Will more days open on December 1st, or am I only able to book for the first seven days of my vacation? I wanted the 8th day!!!

Curses! I'm on now trying to get BOG FP for lunch, with 3 windows open for the 3 rooms of our party, and it's saying that none are available- even on our last day 12/28.

It's also strange that I signed in under 3 different accounts, but it's recognizing only the name of my mother, who has the main MDE account.

Ugh. :mad:

Curses! I'm on now trying to get BOG FP for lunch, with 3 windows open for the 3 rooms of our party, and it's saying that none are available- even on our last day 12/28.

It's also strange that I signed in under 3 different accounts, but it's recognizing only the name of my mother, who has the main MDE account.

Ugh. :mad:

Are you even able to book for the 28th yet? I thought it was only 27 days out? That might be why it says none are available...

Are you even able to book for the 28th yet? I thought it was only 27 days out? That might be why it says none are available...

I shows the entire length of our stay. I tried first for 12/23, but none available; it says select another day and has the 28th as an option, but also none available.

I also signed in under 3 different emails, but it's defaulting to the main MDE email on all 3 windows.

They have habit of doing that. Did you happen to get a screenshot while it was visible? Just go along anyway, the booking should still be in the system... somewhere. Honestly, this thing really isn't ready for alpha-testing, let alone being live to the public for six months. Andre

Unfortunately no screenshot. We did the same "test" last December. I had a screenshot along with a printed hard copy. Never needed it so I figured "hey I didn't need it last year when the system was really new, they have had a year to work out any kinks I really don't need one this year" jokes on me.

OK, this has probably been answered (sorry) but I can't find it anywhere...

When I open up my BOG reservation, it only shows the first seven days. I can't book until Dec. 1. We are going for 12 days. Will more days open on December 1st, or am I only able to book for the first seven days of my vacation? I wanted the 8th day!!!

It's all in the FAQ in the first post. You can only book for the first seven days of your reservation (and the days open up one at a time, exactly 27 days in advance of the date, and until then they will misleadingly show as "no availability"). For the eighth day, you can start looking on your actual hotel arrival day, etc.

Andre

I shows the entire length of our stay. I tried first for 12/23, but none available; it says select another day and has the 28th as an option, but also none available.

I also signed in under 3 different emails, but it's defaulting to the main MDE email on all 3 windows.

Disney failed on this one, especially when it comes to large parties in more than one room.

You can't make a reservation until 27 days from the day you want to book. If you want to book 12/23, it will become available either after midnight or 2:00 a.m. EST tonight. I will also be up late making a reservation for that day. It will show multiple days now, but you can't make the reservation until the 27th day from the day you want to book.

Disney failed on this one, especially when it comes to large parties in more than one room.

If it's working properly, it will indeed show you all the days of your upcoming vacation, no matter when it is. And if you try to make a FP+ more than 27 days out, it will say that there are none available and to try another day. It's just the site's way of saying that you're too early. Once your first day is within 27 days you should be able to try to get a FP+ on that day. And it won't open up your whole stay at once, as ADRs do. It will only show one date at a time, as the 27 day deadline moves onward.

I know this is a dumb question but I am second guessing myself... I know that I can only book the first seven days of my stay but does that start on my check in day or on my first full day? If I check in on 12/31, can I book a BOG FP for 1/7? I'm thinking I can't...

Thank you!!

It's all in the FAQ in the first post. You can only book for the first seven days of your reservation (and the days open up one at a time, exactly 27 days in advance of the date, and until then they will misleadingly show as "no availability"). For the eighth day, you can start looking on your actual hotel arrival day, etc.

Andre

I did read the FAQ, I missed the part about NOT going past seven days. I just thought that is how it initally shows up and then your whole vacation eventually showed up. So, to clarify, if I don't want to eat at BOG within the first seven days of my vacation, I am out of luck getting a FP until the day I arrive on Dec. 20th? That doesn't seem right. Why not length of stay? Grr...

So, to clarify, if I don't want to eat at BOG within the first seven days of my vacation, I am out of luck getting a FP until the day I arrive on Dec. 20th?

Yup, sadly that's correct. No one said this is a perfect system, we just have to try to find out how to work around (or live with) its limitations.

When can I book?

The system currently only allows you to make a pre-booking within the first SEVEN days of your hotel stay, and those dates will still only open up one day at a time (there is no "arrival date plus 10" system like there is with ADRs). So if you are arriving on August 28th, then on August 1st you can book for your first day, on August 2nd you can book for your second day, on August 3rd for the third day, etc., up to a maximum of seven days into your stay.

If you want to book for some time later within a longer stay, this only becomes possible after your hotel arrival date. On your arrival day you will be able to book for day eight, on your second day for day nine, etc.

Note: the system will start displaying all seven of your possible booking dates as soon as you have linked your reservation details. However if you try to make any booking before that 27 day window you will be shown a message saying there is "no availability". Do not be concerned about this wording, it does not mean the restaurant is sold out, just that your booking window is not open yet.

Andre

Fail on my part; I miscalculated the window opening a day earlier than I should have.

It all worked out beautifully after all!

I got fast passes for our party of 9 in 3 rooms for 10:30 (2 reservations) and 10:35 (1 reservation) on 12/23. I had one window open on 1 computer, then 2 more windows on different browsers on another computer. I refreshed until I got times that lined up.

I screenshotted each reservation and printed out a copy to have on hand, just in case.

So glad it worked out! Thanks to all for your help. pixiedust:

Yup, sadly that's correct. No one said this is a perfect system, we just have to try to find out how to work around (or live with) its limitations.

Andre

I agree, just trying to plan that "perfect" vacation. (It's my DD's Sweet Sixteen trip.) I can live without it, plenty of other places to eat. I feel lucky enough that I was fortunate enough to get Free Dining at POR - don't want be greedy!!

I know that they give you a half hour window when you book, but is there any "grace period" after the half hour in case you can't make it on the minute?

We booked 12:45 to 1:15 and are arriving at OKW at 11 a.m. With check-in and transportation, do you think we'll make it?

So tomorrow is a holiday and I know DVC is closed.

Will this system be operational? :confused3

My check in date of course!:sad:

Looks like 2am if it is open?

Going to be a long day tomorrow if that is the case.

Sorry if this has been asked before and I missed it! I was able to make our Fastpass for BOG this morning but when I put in my reservation number, it only pulled up 3 out of the 4 people in our party. The fourth person is on our actual room reservation and is included in our Fastpasses for rides. (I know the systems are separate- but couldn't understand why he isn't showing up for this.)

We are planning on splitting food anyway (mainly going to the two in our party who haven't been inside can experience the theming) but will he be let in with us? Has anyone else had this issue?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter