Be Our Guest

I haven't eaten at BOG yet. We were unable to get a reservation on our last trip.
I have been reading mixed reviews. Hoping this restaurant improves.

We went for dinner this past June and the place is beautiful but t=after taking over 2 hours to feed us I ended up taking everyone to The Mara to eat again. The portions were tiny and really, really bad but the girls got to check off meeting The Beast but afterwards told me never again.

Honestly, this was one of the most heartbreaking changes we've experienced at the WDW parks so far. We had really wonderful experiences with dinner here prior to the change, but even if was still just as good, I can't justify the price. I don't care for set meals with appetizer, entree, and desserts because I can rarely eat all three in one meal. The dessert they offer isn't appealing to me either and with a 10 year old Disney adult who eats like a bird, there's no way I would pay $60 for him to eat here.

It's such a shame because the food and service really were great every time we dined here. Loved the ambiance and getting to meet the beast as well. It was also the first and only Disney restaurant so far to offer safe desserts for my oldest child's set of allergies. Most others have always excluded him from all baked goods due to cross contamination risk at the very least, but they took the time to call down to the bakery and make sure nothing was prepared around his allergens so he was able to choose anything from the dessert menu. I'm so glad he at least had that experience, but we miss it terribly. :sad:

I secretly hope they'll change it back someday, but I know that's not likely to ever happen.

As an out of pocket meal, $60 for a three course meal at a table service character meal at Disney is a bargain. While my wife and I were not all that interested in meeting the Beast, we did choose to eat at BOG this past February. We both ordered the French Onion soup, which was delicious. We both ordered the Filet, which was only a 6 oz portion (small), but it was expertly prepared medium rare. The green beans were not over cooked, and the mashed potatoes nice and creamy (although rather a skimpy portion). The triple dessert was good. I swapped my "grey stuff" with my wife (who loves white chocolate) for her chocolate truffle and we were both happy. We didn't walk out hungry. The service was fine. My only gripe was that we were fairly far away from the window where the snow was falling, but close to the Beast's library.

If I was on DDP, I wouldn't do BOG dinner. There are much better choices in 2 credit restaurants.

We just got back. Our daughter wanted to eat at BoG for dinner.
I had read mixed reviews and honestly went in not expecting much.
I was so wrong!
The appetisers were very good.
The filets were cooked perfectly and very tasty.
My wife had the scallops. we had eated at Jikos the night before and the scallops there were very good. The ones at BoG were better.
The only place where it slipped was the dessert trio. While good, it did not match up to the 1st 2 courses.
However, compared to other restaurants, for $60 a person, it was a bargain. Taking the TiW card made it even better.

We really enjoyed our last visit for dinner and would have gone again. But since it's changed its not an option. With 2 teenagers that don't eat a lot and three of us vegetarian, it's just not worth $60. We've just picked up a reservation for lunch which is a much better option for us.

We ate dinner there last week (paid OOP) and liked it a lot. We were seated in the West Wing and loved that. The only thing I will say is I agree on the small portions. My photos look big but the portions were small, my chicken had only 3 green beans and 2 grape tomatoes. I had to get a jalepeno pretzel later :)

38B5B968-CA33-46BC-A360-9331E40330C4.jpegD918ABEA-95CE-4739-857C-F573CE868485.jpegCBD920AF-FD92-4E14-B351-F25A2E6B367B.jpegEB5DC6B5-20C1-4A3D-8FBD-D1A46E74544A.jpeg25CF7AE6-10AA-4CF7-903B-4F1F7F65B77D.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter