Beach Club Villas

Kimmysmom

Mouseketeer
We have booked a studio at the Beach Club Villa and wondering if there is 2 beds or one bed with a pull out sofa. If it is a pull out sofa, is the old style pull outs or like the newer version at AKL? I know they old style are very uncomfortable and trying to plan ahead.

A BCV studio will have a queen-sized bed and a full-sized sofa bed.

DVC uses three styles of sofa beds...

The first is the traditional style that has existed for many years, where you remove the cushions and pull up and out on a handle near the front of the couch. You then unfold it a second time. This is the type of sofa bed that has the dreaded bar in the middle of your back.

The second style has a strap behind the sofa that you pull forward and down. You don't need to remove the cushions. There's a small compartment inside the couch where pillows and blankets are stored.

The third style is made by a company called American Leather. You remove the cushions, then pull a strap and walk straight back. The bed unfolds like an accordion from both under the seat and from behind the backrest. There's a shell of the backrest that remains in place, and your head is slightly inside this "cabinet" when you sleep.

I've listed the type of sofa beds in the order of their comfort, from least comfortable to most. It's been several years since we've been at the BCV, but I seem to remember they had style #2. I may be wrong, and someone will certainly correct me if that's the case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter