Beaver tails are GONE!

Timmbco

DIS Veteran
Tried to get one on Friday and was thrilled to see they were open BUT the kiosk in Canada has stopped serving these. They only have beverages now--- including ice wine. I was VERY disappointed!

No don't say that! I have been reading these boards for the past few months and was so looking forward to one. I only have a few more days til I leave. I am so close, yet so far. :(

I asked the cast member at the kiosk next to the Beaver Tail stand if they were coming back and she said "no". It's redone as "Taste of Canada", in addition to wine, I think they had some kind of bread.

Oh brother you've got to be kidding me!!!! I hope they are just fixing something and they will be back again. BTs are the best while watching the fireworks. Here we leave in a week and I was so looking forward to one on Sunday night. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hopefully WDW will figure out that people love those things. I can't remember a time when we went to get one and there hasn't been a line, so they are very popular, can't figure out why they would get rid of them. Plus there is a small place to get coffee and other hot drinks close by, not sure what they are thinking.

Pammy

:sunny:

Everyone don't be sad I heard that there going to put in a Tim Hortons in there instead. Now I can't wait for that. I lose my Timmy's in Michigan until I return back home every trip.

I'm waiting for the TIM HORTONS:earseek: :earseek:

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Is a beaver tail similar to a funnel cake? I thought I'd read that somewhere. I never tried one but I love the funnel cakes in the American pavilian.

Originally posted by Disneyof3
:sunny:

Everyone don't be sad I heard that there going to put in a Tim Hortons in there instead. Now I can't wait for that. I lose my Timmy's in Michigan until I return back home every trip.

I'm waiting for the TIM HORTONS:earseek: :earseek:

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Can you tell us what Tim Horton's is?

I must be the only one that didn't like the BTs. My son and I share a strawberry one back in the April. The topping was great, but the dough didn't taste good at all. I figured it would have been better if it was fried.

I would swear when we were in Epcot for Food and Wine I saw a menu with beavertails. The only reason I even noticed it was I had never heard of them before these boards. I didn't think to order one though, so maybe they just never took it off the menu?

Well, I guess if you want beavertails, you are all going to just have to come up to Canada. To be fair, Tim Horton's is a much better representation of Canada. Tim Horton's is sorta like Dunkin Donuts....a cheap donut chain named after the hockey player. Many Canadians are addicted to their coffee and there are a lot A LOT of these stores in Canada. In the little city I come from there are 13 Tim Horton's including one in the hospital. There's only 30,000 people in the entire city.

Ali
Canadian Extraordinaire

I agree with Ali. Tim Hortons is a much better representation of favorite Canadian snacks. The coffee is the BEST! I find it hard to drink anything else. I buy Tim Horton's coffee to brew at home. Nothing else compares. Tim Bits are delicious with a cup of coffee.
(I had a Beaver Tail (made by the same company) at the Canadian Nat'l Exhibition and thought it was disgusting. It is nothing like a funnel cake at all. Give me a Tim Bit anyday!)

If they really want to showcase Canadian snacks they should also add ketchup potato chips to the menu. LOL.

This trip was about doing things we havn't done before and beavertails and Dole Whips were high on my list. Now I'll just have to have a 2 Dole Whips LOL
Oh well, I hope that is the worst of my problems in Disney next week LOL :)
Have fun everyone!

I agree, Tim's coffee is the best. I can't believe how many of them there are in the Canadian 'burbs. Believe it or not, the hotel we stayed at in Mexico had a Tim's.

Tim Hortons just moved into our area. I only knew the name from all the Hockey games DH watches on sattelite.

Maybe I will have to give them a whirl. Everyone here is Dunkin Donuts happy. I don't like coffee...but love their lattes.

Tricia

I was also so looking forward to a beaver tale since I had never had one either and heard so much about them on here.
We stopped over in Canada and asked where we could find them and they said they didn't have them anymore. Then the girl smiled and said they had been asked about them many times that day and has been feeling bad for all the people who wanted one. Oh wellll...... I did get to have a churro which was very good.:)

I was there last week and really dissapointed the kiosk was not open, at least I tried them last yr. :D

Darn it, I was telling my friend about getting beaver tails in Canada and we couldn't wait!!! What am I going to eat in Canada now?...

Is a beaver tail similar to a funnel cake? I thought I'd read that somewhere. I never tried one but I love the funnel cakes in the American pavilian.
Not really. some people will say that beaver tail is just another name for funnel cakes but it isn't. It's like saying yeast doughnuts (ie krispy creams) and cake doughnut are one in the same.

Beavertail are made from whole wheat yeast dough that is deep fried. They have a very different texture than funnel cakes. could be compared more to fried Indian bread than to funnel cakes IMHO.

A few years ago they stopped deep frying the Beaver Tails and they weren't as good anymore. Business must have dropped off.

Tim Hortons is a decent replacement. Great coffee, muffins, donuts and sandwiches.
I used to drive 90 minutes to Canada for my Tims fix, now it's around the corner. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter