• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bedding?

kreckl

DIS Veteran
We are staying at BLT, AKJ, and VWL- all studios. Could someone please tell me if these will have comforters or other bedding that are not freshly washed for each family before our arrival?
Thanks!

We are staying at BLT, AKJ, and VWL- all studios. Could someone please tell me if these will have comforters or other bedding that are not freshly washed for each family before our arrival?
Thanks!

VWL still has bedspreads that are not changed between guests. BLT has a stupid duvet that doesn't keep the pad contained in the cover very well, so it is lumpy. Can't tell you about AKV-JH.

All of DVC will be converting to triple sheeting starting in 2014 according to the Dec 2012 Members' Meeting.

Thanks!

AK also has bedspreads

Are the bedspreads at AK cleaned? Will you be given a blanket another family has used without it being washed? :(

Are the bedspreads at AK cleaned? Will you be given a blanket another family has used without it being washed? :(

Only the sheets are changed between guests unless the bedspread or blanket is visibly soiled. When they switch to triple sheeting, the blanket won't be changed between guests either. Pillows aren't changed between guests.

They don't steam clean the furniture between guests, either.

The more you know, the less you ever want to stay at a hotel ever again.

As my step-dad says, "if you don't see it on a maid's cart, it's not changed."

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yeah, that's what worries me- never seen them on a cart. On our last trip we had a very strong perfume smell on our comforter and I had to put it in the closet it was so bad. Also I would imagine people put dirty suitcases and such on the beds. Seems gross to me!

Disney bedding is pretty bad. For deluxe accommodations, its horrible.

Do any resorts have nicer bedding? My last stay at the POLY was not disappointing.

Just out of curiosity, what is triple sheeting?

Just out of curiosity, what is triple sheeting?

There is a sheet covering the mattress and a sheet below and above the blanket, so the blanket is essentially wrapped in sheets. Most top hotels do triple sheeting.

The more you know, the less you ever want to stay at a hotel ever again.

As my step-dad says, "if you don't see it on a maid's cart, it's not changed."

I saw a show that would creep anyone out from even sleeping in their own bed! :rotfl2:

But I have seen blankets and even bedspreads on carts every now and then. But I'm not even trying to hint that it happens all that frequently or between guests.

We are DVC and stay in a one or 2 bdrm. I put the bedspread in the washer;)No worries after that.

We are DVC and stay in a one or 2 bdrm. I put the bedspread in the washer;)No worries after that.

I can't believe that a king size bedspread would fit in the washer. It would really be better to just stick the bedspread in a corner. I don't think they are meant to be put in regular washing machines.

Just ask Housekeeping to deliver a clean bedspread. You shouldn't be laundering the bedspread yourself.

Those bedspreads are not washable, they have to dry or steam clean them, so as the others suggested, either put it in the closet or ask for a clean one. As large and as heavy as those bedspreads are even in the full capacity washers at OKW, you are not getting it cleaned. Only wet, then dry.

That is the first thing that is done when we get to a new Hotel/Villa. Take those types of Bedspreads that aren't cleaned between guests off the bed for the entire stay. I am sure there is enough things that gross you out about staying somewhere but that won't be one of them :thumbsup2

I definitely do not rely on clean bedding at any hotel, after watching a 60 min special years ago. I bring fresh sheets and a blanket with me. I also stop at Walmart near the hotel and by two $3 pillows, and a cheap plastic mattress cover. When we are leaving the hotel I dispose of them. There are only two of us, so it is a lot easier than it would be for a big family. I also bring my own towels.

I know it is a little neurotic but after watching the special on hotel bedding, I would never be able to sleep without it.

Only the sheets are changed between guests unless the bedspread or blanket is visibly soiled. When they switch to triple sheeting, the blanket won't be changed between guests either. Pillows aren't changed between guests.

They don't steam clean the furniture between guests, either.

I know we can put the bedspread in a closet, but we'll need the blanket. Does anyone know if it's safe to wash the blankets in the regular washer in the villa?

I know we can put the bedspread in a closet, but we'll need the blanket. Does anyone know if it's safe to wash the blankets in the regular washer in the villa?

Yes the blankets can be washed, they are just a regular blanket and will fit.

The first thing I do is put the bedspread in the closet.

They fit fine in the washer ( BCV cheapo beadspread..dry clean really :scratchin)and dryer. If I am washing it do the fact that they do not replace the bead coverings to begin with what makes you think they are sending up a CLEAN one. If they brought it packaged up maybe ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter