"Beggers" on Craig's List

grinningghost

<font color=green>Has a thing for the Swiss Family
Did you ever look at the ads on Craig's List that are nothing more than begging for free stuff?

They give a sob story (usually they have 6 kids, their house burned down, they and all their children have devastating diseases and then... they give you a laundry list of stuff they "need").

There's one on the Buffalo Craig's List right now that's begging for such items as a Wii, a car, an ipod, new furniture, a plasma TV and the list goes on....

So - do you think these are legit? Or are these scammers? And does anyone actually respond and GIVE these people the stuff they're asking for????:confused3

I've never noticed that before. What do I go under to see what you are referring to?

hmmm, perhaps I can convince some suckers to bank roll my Disney trip....due to my rare condition lacking Vitman D only to be cured by FL sunshine reflected off of the ball at Epcot...whilst drinking a Fiesta Margarita....aids in the absorbtion, ya know?

hmmm, perhaps I can convince some suckers to bank roll my Disney trip....due to my rare condition lacking Vitman D only to be cured by FL sunshine reflected off of the ball at Epcot...whilst drinking a Fiesta Margarita....aids in the absorbtion, ya know?

I'm thinking you're on to something.

My ad will read something like - Desperately Needed Disney Trip. Due to lack of funds, my family and I would appreciate donations of the following: Concierge level accomodations at the Grand Floridian Resort, 3 Magic Your Way Hoppers for 7 days, Disney Dining Plan for 7 days, roundtrip airfare for 3 to MCO, and if at all possible, might be borrow your American Express Platinum card for the duration of our trip? Thank you, my poor family will be most grateful.

The internet is a great forum for begging, you only have to have a good enough story to tug hard enough at the heartstrings of a gullible person and you have exposure to millions.

I am a cynic, I tend to not believe. I think the number of legit stories are few and far between.

The internet is a great forum for begging, you only have to have a good enough story to tug hard enough at the heartstrings of a gullible person and you have exposure to millions.

I am a cynic, I tend to not believe. I think the number of legit stories are few and far between.

There's actually one posted now that is yelling at the "mother of the starving children" - telling her to sell her computer and get a job so maybe she can afford to feed them. It's turning into a battlefield. ;) Although, I totally agree with the person - put your computer on Craig's List - not your laundry list of "I wants".;)

hmmmm lets see

family seeks funding for daughters birthday wish. 41 yr old man seriuosly injured by drunk driver in 2003 wants to grant his daughters 16th birthday wish for atrip to wdw for the week. will need at least 7 nights lodging, must be onsite, 6 day park hopper passes for three, dining plan or funding to purchase meals annd snacks. also must include at least 1000 dollars in gas money, would appreciate the use of a vehicle for the trip, and reimbursment for time off work.

now........(eta) granted this trip is already booked, and the money to pay for it is in the bank.... sooo where do i post it being as there is no "craigslist with in three hours of us,,lol

Our local freecycle is like that, drives me mad. Though it can be entertaining. One of them sounded like they were building a house!

Ok, y'all have to Google 'best of craigslist'...it's a compiled list of the best postings on craigslist. OMG, too funny! I won't link it here because much of it is highly inappropriate for young readers. (or even adults, some of the stuff is crazy!)

Our local freecycle is like that, drives me mad. Though it can be entertaining. One of them sounded like they were building a house!

on my freecycle they just come out and say I'm building a house! One post was something like "before I go spend a few more thousand dollars I thought I'd ask if anyone had... and it had about 20 items listed, ya know tile flooring, drywall, a garage door ect ect

I use to post ALOT of my kids clothes on there for free but I have a feeling most of them went up for sale on ebay. :rolleyes: I wanted someone who couldn't afford clothes to get good use out of them... after awhile it was the same people over and over again replying the wanted them or let them know when I had more

I thought I was the only person who felt that way about the beggars! I just want to tell them to turn the computer off and get a job! Best of Craigslist cracks me up!:lmao: Did any of you see the very special couch on it? :rotfl:

Can you imagine how many phone calls these beggers must get from people who are sick of listening to them whine? I can't believe they actually put their phone numbers in their ads - I know I'd like to call them sometimes - just to ask why they're such morons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter