"Beggers" on Craig's List

You get people contacting you sometimes who want what you advertised for free too. My friend's DD was selling an American Girl doll and they got several emails from people wanting the doll for free. Yeah, right. :lmao:

You get people contacting you sometimes who want what you advertised for free too. My friend's DD was selling an American Girl doll and they got several emails from people wanting the doll for free. Yeah, right. :lmao:

You know, you never had people doing stupid things like that when it was plain old classified newspaper ads. I never put anything in there and got a call from someone wanting my item for free. Craig's List brings out the idiot in people I guess.;)

I'm about fed up with Craigslist and Freecycle. I listed some baby and kids items on Craigslist and said they were free. It was just stuff that my kids didn't want anymore or the baby had grown out of and I just wanted to get rid of. Well, the amount of emails I got was crazy. Some people emailed me 3 and 4 times and begged for the items. I finally had to take the listings down. I've had the same experience with Freecycle in the past too.

I've stopped listing the baby stuff on craigslist for the exact same reason. It was ridiculous. I just give it to a local women and children's shelter now.

I'm wondering if internet begging is working for these people... Seriously- I mean, why are DH and I working full time jobs when all we had to do was ASK for the stuff? I could use a Wii, a plasma tv, an ipod... Sheesh, when I think about ALL the stuff I want, it's mind-boggling. I should just expect people to give it to me for nothing! WHAT have I been thinking? *insert a smacks-self-on-the-forehead smilie*

ETA- maybe I'll ask for that couch for free... Pink is *so* my color... :lmao:

I don't mind people putting upads asking for items (No matter how unrealistic they may be), but I DO mind when people respond for my sales ads begging me to give them what I'm selling for free. I have sold a couple of horses through Craigslist (all under $1000). I inevitably get e-mails from either young girls begging me to give them the horse for $100 because it's all they have OR I get someone begging me to give them the horse for free because they'll "take real good care of it".

I have a whole bunch of toys on there now (well about 2 weeks ago) & some girl emailed me asking if all the other toys were mine & if I wanted to strike a deal for all the toys.

Um..no...witch...the price is as is. I am selling the toys dirt cheap & they are all in great to good condition. I was assuming the girl wanted to resell them for more. She never got back to me when I told her the price was as it states.

And I did see an add not to long ago on the wanted section. Some guy wanted someone car for the night to take his girl friend out. He said he is reliable. Sure I will just hand the keys over to a complete stranger to drive my almost $40,000 car around..jerk.

\ Some guy wanted someone car for the night to take his girl friend out. He said he is reliable. Sure I will just hand the keys over to a complete stranger to drive my almost $40,000 car around..jerk.

Yeah, I'd love to know how that turned out.;)

I just have to say, THANK YOU, thank you OP!! I didn't know about this whole "Best of Craiglist" thing, and I am laughing so hard I'm crying over here.

I tried to read the one about the Mastiff out loud to my DH, but was laughing too hard, and now I just got done with the not-very-nice one about - let's just say about "bad" kids... :lmao: Which I know is not very nice, but oh was it funny. And I'm sure laughing about it will prove devastating for my karmic health, but I just can't help it...

I just have to say, THANK YOU, thank you OP!! I didn't know about this whole "Best of Craiglist" thing, and I am laughing so hard I'm crying over here.

I tried to read the one about the Mastiff out loud to my DH, but was laughing too hard, and now I just got done with the not-very-nice one about - let's just say about "bad" kids... :lmao: Which I know is not very nice, but oh was it funny. And I'm sure laughing about it will prove devastating for my karmic health, but I just can't help it...

They're a hoot aren't they? And if you're REALLY feeling crazy, after the kids are in bed, check out the Missed Connections or the Casual Encounters - always good for a gutbusting laugh or two.:rotfl:

there is a "interesting" post on there about icy hot I'll just leave it at that. Go find it for yourself. I'd get point, lots and lots of points

there is a "interesting" post on there about icy hot I'll just leave it at that. Go find it for yourself. I'd get point, lots and lots of points

I can't find it.... :sad1:

Don't worry. I'll keep looking! :rotfl:

google best of craigs list icy hot.. its bad pretty bad but Oh so funny

google best of craigs list icy hot.. its bad pretty bad but Oh so funny

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I like how it was written like the next great American novel. :lmao:

ETA- BAD DISers, making me stay up late laughing at Craigslist. I have to WORK in the morning! BAD! BAD! :rotfl:

Bingo! It didnt take long to find this one from the Tampa area.

Disney Tickets Needed
Need 3 Adult and 2 Children tickets for Disney's Animal Kingdom-Cheap

Disney Tickets Needed

I like that "Disney Tickets" qualify as a "need" in America. Not water, food, or shelter, but Disney tickets... :sad2:

Sometimes I want to round people up (regular people who "need" plasma tvs and Disney tickets, as well as celebrities such as Britney, Lindsey, and Paris) and send them to a place that really understands what "needs" are.

I like that "Disney Tickets" qualify as a "need" in America. Not water, food, or shelter, but Disney tickets... :sad2:

Sometimes I want to round people up (regular people who "need" plasma tvs and Disney tickets, as well as celebrities such as Britney, Lindsey, and Paris) and send them to a place that really understands what "needs" are.

At least they are willing to pay if the price is cheap. :laughing:

Hey, maybe I can post a Craigslist ad...

"Free Trip!! Absolutely Free Vacation! You'll be headed to the lap of poverty and despair- no running water, no electricity, no *gasp* cell phones, no food... You'll meet people who earn less in one year than you do in one week. You'll learn what "poor" really means, and why you should value your education and quit whining about what's on TV! You'll be afraid to step outside your hut for fear of being shot or raped!

Where is this place, you ask? This wonderland of violence and poverty? It's in Rwanda, Nigeria, Cambodia, Iraq, Afghanistan, or many, many other destinations around the world!"

Do you think I'd haveany takers on my free trip? :sad2:

Disney Tickets Needed

Good Lord - there is no such thing as CHEAP anything when it comes to Disney.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter