• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Being on 2 reservations

I don't see anything illegal about two divorced parents registering their kids in each of their separate hotel rooms. To me, this is a lot less murky than those people who used to book phantom children during *free* dining so that they got extra dining credits. Just because Disney's computer systems cannot handle someone being registered in two resorts at the same time, that doesn't make it morally wrong (or even contrary to Disney written policy) to do so. In the past I've booked an extra night at the beginning of a split stay trip just so that we were not "homeless" on the day of the split. And yes, I've used the alternate names for each guest (Tom was also Thomas, Bill was also William, etc). If I'm paying for both rooms, I don't understand why Disney would even care. The room is "occupied" and paid for. And they got double the money for one day from a single family. I'd call that a win for Disney.

Now, I will point out to the OP that the girls' tickets and dining credits would only be on their father's reservation and there would be two separate sets of MBs to keep track of. It could get confusing as to which MBs are to be used for park admission and food vs. which MBs are only for SAB and entering Mom's room.

Magic Bands are easily changed, I would just get the girls different colors for each resort, and also on the back of the ban have the resort name printed on it.

Because Disney's systems cannot properly accommodate divorced parents who want to share time with their children. Each is paying for the benefits / services they want the children to have. I don't see any moral issue here.
I do not see an issue either. Disney's IT is set up improperly. Period.

I guess it all about what you wish to teach your kids. Is is legal, maybe.
I really see no moral issue here. In what way are you teaching your children that something is wrong?? That you should be able to use that services that you are paying for??

We re going for 9 nights and our party has 3 rooms; my father is coming with and he will be in a room all to himself so 3 rooms and 5 people I'm pretty sure were paying our fair share . I just want the kids to be able sit at the pool at BC and go back and forth in the room whenever they want. We are typically waterpark people but the option would be nice to stay at the resort.

We re going for 9 nights and our party has 3 rooms; my father is coming with and he will be in a room all to himself so 3 rooms and 5 people I'm pretty sure were paying our fair share . I just want the kids to be able sit at the pool at BC and go back and forth in the room whenever they want. We are typically waterpark people but the option would be nice to stay at the resort.
I would add them to your room once you get there. You can request hard cards so that they may be able to go to storm along bay by showing the cards. Once they get a wristband, they won't have to have the card for the rest of the day. Also, that will eliminate confusion with the magic bands.

I would add them to your room once you get there. You can request hard cards so that they may be able to go to storm along bay by showing the cards. Once they get a wristband, they won't have to have the card for the rest of the day. Also, that will eliminate confusion with the magic bands.
if i add them to the BC reservation when i get there they get cards? i didn't even know they still offered those and they can get into SAB with those? sorry its been a few years since I've been to BC I've stayed at AKV last few years.

if i add them to the BC reservation when i get there they get cards? i didn't even know they still offered those and they can get into SAB with those? sorry its been a few years since I've been to BC I've stayed at AKV last few years.
I believe that you can still request cards. Housekeepers still use them so they must have the availability to get them?? Just a thought.

Sorry, I didn't address the SAB issue. Yes, once they are scanned into the area, wristbands are given to call members present. You can just scan them in with your band as it shows that you have a room with guests. I would ask for cards though just to be safe ;)

I don't see anything illegal about two divorced parents registering their kids in each of their separate hotel rooms. To me, this is a lot less murky than those people who used to book phantom children during *free* dining so that they got extra dining credits. Just because Disney's computer systems cannot handle someone being registered in two resorts at the same time, that doesn't make it morally wrong (or even contrary to Disney written policy) to do so. In the past I've booked an extra night at the beginning of a split stay trip just so that we were not "homeless" on the day of the split. And yes, I've used the alternate names for each guest (Tom was also Thomas, Bill was also William, etc). If I'm paying for both rooms, I don't understand why Disney would even care. The room is "occupied" and paid for. And they got double the money for one day from a single family. I'd call that a win for Disney.

Now, I will point out to the OP that the girls' tickets and dining credits would only be on their father's reservation and there would be two separate sets of MBs to keep track of. It could get confusing as to which MBs are to be used for park admission and food vs. which MBs are only for SAB and entering Mom's room.
Yes I figure they would just get 2 different coloured bands and would have to keep track which one is for which. Thanks

IMO it all comes down to intent. If they will stay at both locations with each parent, I don't have an issue with them being on both. I'd feel differently is one were trying to put one over but they're not, just trying to deal with Disney's nuances. If they're on both it could cause an issue with bands/credits. Another option besides using different names is getting key cards at the resort on checkin. OTOH it is their rule which does give me pause so I'd look at the reason for the rule which is the MB usage/functioning from what I understand.

I don't have a middle name, I've never had a problem booking. Is this new?
It only is an issue if you are trying to be on two reservations at one time. Adding a middle initial allows the computer system to think that it is too separate people so it doesn't cancel one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter