Being turned away at the port

And from the updates available on another site, it sounds like those who were turned away due to not having the correct pre-embarkation day tests were both fully refunded for this cruise and given a complimentary cruise to use in the future.

Wow - hope that news doesn't get out!

Our online check in was done Friday night and still says "Pending Approval" for our uploaded pics and scanned passports. Yet, at the top it says, "You're All Set to Sail!"
If it's not ever approved, does that just mean they'll have to verify our documents and take a photo at the port? I'm afraid of missing a step and not being able to board. We did both get green checks from Safe Passage.

Vaccinated weren't tested, so any positives at embarkation would have been unvaccinated.

To clarify vaccinated do get tested:
  • by choice
  • were outside the US recently (not positive on number of days)
  • non-US passport
  • did not choose to provide proof of vaccination (yes people will choose to hold this back even if required to test)
So not all would be unvaccinated automatically.

Our online check in was done Friday night and still says "Pending Approval" for our uploaded pics and scanned passports. Yet, at the top it says, "You're All Set to Sail!"
If it's not ever approved, does that just mean they'll have to verify our documents and take a photo at the port? I'm afraid of missing a step and not being able to board. We did both get green checks from Safe Passage.

Our personal info was verified late in the game, 4 days before sailing. I had reached out to DCL a week before and asked them the same question. The response was that they're manually going through and verifying everything and they're going in order of sail date. In the event nothing changes, DCL said to still come to the port and everything would be sorted there. However, they said that they're getting to everyone before their saildate.

Hope that helps!

Has anybody heard any updates about positive test results at the port now that they’re also testing vaccinated individuals? We cruise next week, all vaccinated except for the 1-year-old, obviously, and we can’t help but feel paranoid something will happen!

Cruising on Dream in Jan ‘22 a little anxious about this whole process. We are all Vaxxed but still can be non symptomatic and Bam denied entry. Seen way to many false positives with the PCR. Well gotta stay fluid things will probably change 6-7 more times in 132 days

Has anybody heard any updates about positive test results at the port now that they’re also testing vaccinated individuals? We cruise next week, all vaccinated except for the 1-year-old, obviously, and we can’t help but feel paranoid something will happen!

That starts tomorrow, we're booked on it and are hoping it's a smooth process.

Cruising on Dream in Jan ‘22 a little anxious about this whole process. We are all Vaxxed but still can be non symptomatic and Bam denied entry. Seen way to many false positives with the PCR. Well gotta stay fluid things will probably change 6-7 more times in 132 days

Well, if you do test positive, then Disney does a second test to confirm the result. You're only denied boarding if both tests come back positive. The odds of getting two false positives on two tests are incredibly low!

we just got two appointments from BeeperMD to do two test before our cruise. They will come to our BWV room do the tests and will have results in 36 hours. Just another option for people.

Well, if you do test positive, then Disney does a second test to confirm the result. You're only denied boarding if both tests come back positive. The odds of getting two false positives on two tests are incredibly low!
I hope you're right.

I know that I'm right about the second test. I had DCL help confirm that for me. You can do the math on the likelihood of two false positives.
I wish they would publish this somewhere as that is different than an experience someone in our cruise group had. They were supposed to sail this week and next and one person in the party tested positive and they were not given a second test.

I wish they would publish this somewhere as that is different than an experience someone in our cruise group had. They were supposed to sail this week and next and one person in the party tested positive and they were not given a second test.

Did that person test positive only at the port? Or also in the test that was done 48 hours before? Or were they vaccinated and only got tested at port?

we just got two appointments from BeeperMD to do two test before our cruise. They will come to our BWV room do the tests and will have results in 36 hours. Just another option for people.
We looked into this but they won't test our 21 month old. They will only test 2 and up.

Hm, that's not what DCL help said. But, fair enough. Either way, the odds of getting a false positive twice are very low.
A false positive doesn't occur bc of the sample taken. It's an error during the testing of the sample. A false negative is likely bc of the sample taken.

They need to be testing vaccinated and unvaccinated to make it as absolutely safe as possibly and so people can truly enjoy themselves. Covid is way too dangerous to be trifled with.

They need to be testing vaccinated and unvaccinated to make it as absolutely safe as possibly and so people can truly enjoy themselves. Covid is way too dangerous to be trifled with.

They are, starting with today's cruise. I am curious to how it will all work out. My greatest fear is not that we will come up with a false positive at the port, but just the logistic of testing everyone and how long that process will take at the port. These are only short cruises so curious to see what time people are actually able to board. Read that you self test, and either wait in your car in the parking garage or in a tent until the results come in. We rented a car and are parking at the port. I think I would prefer to be sitting in my car and wait than in a tent.

We sail September 27th and I am hoping the next few cruises they work out all the kinks.

Anyone sailing today and the next couple cruises please let us know how the whole process went. Thank you and good luck.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter