Bekah and Jack's DFTW - 9/11/09

PipesofLirael

Mouseketeer
I figured I should finally start one of these so here goes. I would love tips!

Our story:
My fiance (Jackson) and I (Bekah) met on Facebook while in college. No joke. He looked up other people interested in theatre and film and found me. Our first date, however, was cancelled b/c of the very unexpected death of my wonderful grandfather, which would've been the same day. I didn't want to talk to anyone, but for some reason I felt that my grandfather would probably smack me upside the head from the hereafter if I dared put my life on hold for his passing. :lmao: Then I realized something strange. My grandfather and all his brothers have blue eyes, as do I. No one else in the family does. He wanted me to pass on the blue eyes to my children, and as I sat there feeling sorry for myself, I realized that Jackson's eyes were the exact same shade of blue as my grandfather. :eek:

Cheesy as this sounds, I knew my grandfather had a hand in this, and I rescheduled our date.

We clicked on the first date. A few days later, I got the flu, bad enough that I could barely get out of bed. He moved me into his apartment and took care of me until I got better, everything from cooking for me to keeping me company. He was the perfect gentleman.

We both went our seperate ways for the holiday break then decided, when we got back, to move in together b/c it was easier for me to get to school. No one thought we would last. I'm pretty sure we thought we wouldn't last. It was all completely roller coaster, right?

Last December was three years together.

We've been the couple that finishes each other's thoughts from a few weeks in. We had all the same interests, even some of the same mannerisms, and complimented each other perfectly. It was like we were two halves or something. Our first vacation was in Disney world, as were many, many vacations after that, which just makes everything all the more awesome.

So, now, we tell each other that we got together b/c I got the plague, and at the very least it gives me one hell of an introduction story!!!

Our Engagement:

We both knew we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. The theatre department at our college had several professors who swore that if Jackson and I broke up, it would be the end of the world or something, b/c it was just too impossible. But he never proposed, per se, and I wasn't the kind of girl to expect a romantic proposal regardless.

Last summer, we took a study abroad trip for film in the Czech Republic. We decided to spend the week before the program in Paris. I really should've seen this coming. We went to the Eiffel Tower and, when we were looking down from the very top, he proposed!!! :scared1:

He said that I probably would laugh at him for being so cheesy, but he wanted to actually ask and make sure he could stay with me forever, and that he had to ask before we left the most romantic city in the world. :love:

He didn't have a ring, though, b/c he didn't know my size, and we figured we'd buy one when we returned to the states. After the program, we went to Italy for a few weeks. There's a bridge in Florence, I think it's called the Ponte Vecchio or something, that's been known for its jewelry shops for hundreds of years. We were strolling there and as we were looking in the windows, we saw this very small diamond solitaire ring, took one look at each other, and ran in to ask to see it. It was gorgeous! The jeweler got it sized for me, and I came home with another wonderful story. :)

How We Decided on Disney:

This one's simple: he asked me first. Jackson's even more of a Disney freak than I am, and I was lucky enough to get one of those slowly going extinct gentlemen that wanted to give me the perfect fairy tale wedding. But we couldn't afford it, so we figured we'd just get married in Miami, where my family was, and that was the end of it.

A few weeks into my wedding planning, my parents give us a call. They tell us to stop planning. They tell us that they know Disney was our dream (my mom's exact words were "Rebe, your first birthday was in Disney, you got engaged in Paris, and you think we didn't know you wanted a happily ever after sort of thing?") so they're PAYING FOR THE ENTIRE WEDDING :eek:

That's how we're here. The cruise we wanted was September 12 so we planned the wedding around the honeymoon. :bride:

I have so many fond memories from that bridge!

You guys have such a cute story! So what do you have planned for your wedding? Where is it going to be?

Wow that such a great surprise!!! I wish my parents wanted to pay for all of our wedding. You are very lucky!!!

Can't wait to hear the rest of the details!

aww welcome!!

great stories- you both sound so cute. I cant believe your parents are going to pay for it all, - i wish mine did!

Enjoy all your planning!!

What I've Got So Far:

Wedding Colors: Blue, silver, and ivory
Inspiration: Old fashioned, fairy tale sort of decor

Locations: Our ceremony will be at the Wedding Pavilion at 10 AM on Friday, September 11. Our reception is at the Boardwalk, with the cocktail hour at the St. James Hall and the reception itself at Marvin Gardens.

Minister: After being refused by a few ministers, told by one that my ceremony needs to be shortened to have more photo time, etc, I went back to my original minister Reverend Jo Ann Pessigiano (sp?). She's writing our ceremony for us since there's about four different cultures and religions in our family. Think "It's a Small World".

Photography: Randy Chapman. He has such beautiful photos!

Videography: STVS. The sample video sent to us sold us without question.

Thanks for the well wishes, guys!

It's actually pretty funny watching my fiance and father go at each other w/ my fiance attempting to pay for things and my father grabbing bills as fast as he can before my fiance can reach them. My mom and I have learned to sit back and watch the insanity. :happytv:

I'm the only child, only niece/nephew of an aunt and uncle without children, and only grandchild. I'm basically the only wedding that's ever going to happen on my side of the family. Plus, my family's Hispanic. I probably should've seen the old school "your wedding is your dowry" coming, but I wasn't thinking straight. :laughing:

I've got everyone's outfits, which is a huge load off my back!

I was so lucky in that I knew just what dress I wanted for myself. I tracked down a store that sold Disney Bridal and it was the FIRST DRESS I tried on! I knew it was perfect the second I tried it.

I can't find a picture. Erg. Anyway, it's at this link and it's the Sleeping Beauty Collection Two dress, style SB2814, only mine's in ivory:

http://www.disneybridal.com/collect...sleeping_beauty&numcollection=2&dressnumber=4

I've got a waist length cathedral veil, very simple, and then this circlet, only with sapphire blue crystals around the piece:

http://www.medievalbridalfashions.com/innocence.htm

The bridesmaids get this one from David's Bridal, only in cornflower blue...

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/...998976|-49998975|-49998974&catentryId=1000253

Junior bridesmaid, in cornflower blue...

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/...tegory=-49998976|-49998963&catentryId=1000079

And flower girl, white dress w/ a cornflower blue sash...

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/...998976|-49998962|-49998961&catentryId=1000547

Pretty dresses! I am so glad to finally see another bride going with the disney dresses! I think we are the only two current ones.. kind of sad since its a disboard...

I wish my dad and fiance were fighting over our wedding bills! You are so lucky - enjoy every moment of it!

Are you guys still in school? And what a sweet story! Let's see some pics of you guys!

We are not still in school. I graduated a year early to follow him, but it's pretty likely he's going back to law school.

Here's pictures from our film study abroad program in the Czech Republic:

101_0297.jpg

101_0936.jpg

101_0323.jpg

Congrats on your engagment and your WDW wedding!!! What a lovely dress. I love the disney bridal dresses, but I don't really like any of the snow whites, and I don't think I could wear another princesses haha.

I can't wait to hear more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter