Best Bar for apps and drinks Disney Springs

Dano1182

DIS Veteran
We like to check out different restaurants by having a few drinks and appetizers.
Any recommendations in Disney springs area?
We are staying at OKW

Boathouse and Wine Bar George are two of my favorites for drinks and apps (and sometimes dessert!). I've also heard Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar is good, though I've not been so I can't comment personally.

In addition to The Boathouse and Wine Bar George I would add Polite Pig. Nice drink menu with some tasty craft cocktails.

Our favorite is Jock Lindsey's. The food is really good and the cocktails are excellent. I'll second the above poster on the charcuterie pretzel. It's my favorite charcuterie board in WDW. Though we've loved pretty much everything we've ever eaten there. We also love the atmosphere - so much fun.

We also enjoy Wine Bar George. If you are looking for wine you cannot beat it. I don't remember the number of wines they offer by the glass but it's over a hundred. They also offer really expensive wines by the ounce, so you can try them without breaking the bank. Their food is really good as well, though more limited.

Polite Pig has an extensive bourbon selection, even some really high end stuff. If that's your thing, it's a winner and the food is our favorite BBQ in WDW.

And lastly, while we've never done this ourselves, the bar outside of Raglan Road - sorry I don't recall the name - looks fun. It's outdoors but usually has live entertainment. We really enjoy the food and drink at Raglan Road, so I'd assume this would be equally good. As a side note, I've always seen people sitting at the bar inside of Raglan Road, but I don't know if that's just regular seating or for walk ups. But that restaurant is always a fun place to hang out, have some good food and enjoy the show.

Last edited:
And lastly, while we've never done this ourselves, the bar outside of Raglan Road - sorry I don't recall the name - looks fun. It's outdoors but usually has live entertainment. We really enjoy the food and drink at Raglan Road, so I'd assume this would be equally good. As a side note, I've always seen people sitting at the bar inside of Raglan Road, but I don't know if that's just regular seating or for walk ups. But that restaurant is always a fun place to hang out, have some good food and enjoy the show.
Hole in the Wall! And yes you can order off the Raglan Road menu. I have seen people bring their food from Cooke's next door over when it is not busy. Good late afternoon happy hour prices on drinks.

I have also enjoyed Hangar Bar.

Hole in the Wall! And yes you can order off the Raglan Road menu. I have seen people bring their food from Cooke's next door over when it is not busy. Good late afternoon happy hour prices on drinks.

Hole in the wall is the little one between RR and Cookes. I think the PP was talking about the one to the left of the RR main entrance, across from Gideons. At least that is the one that has the live music.

I always tell people to not go to Hole in the wall. That way there is room for me at the bar! pirate:

To the OP, I prefer the dockside bar at the boathouse. Right out on the water. Can order apps from the boathouse. This is a great place if weather is to your liking.

Another hidden place is the Lava Lounge, downstairs and to the left of Rain Forest. They have a smaller menu from the Rain Forest which has good apps. We stay at SSR sometimes and this is the closest restaurant/bar and is a short walk home.

Last edited:
I agree that the Dockside Bar at The Boathouse is great. I also like the bar areas at Homecoming and Jaleo. WBG is probably the easiest to get a table.

To the OP, I prefer the dockside bar at the boathouse. Right out on the water. Can order apps from the boathouse. This is a great place if weather is to your liking.

Another hidden place is the Lava Lounge, downstairs and to the left of Rain Forest. They have a smaller menu from the Rain Forest which has good apps. We stay at SSR sometimes and this is the closest restaurant/bar and is a short walk home.
Oh yes, when I said Boathouse I meant Dockside Bar. I always forget it technically has a different name. It's one of my favorite spots!

We love going to the bar just to get the Bread and Butter Pudding for dessert! 😋

Disney Springs has a Happy Hour from 4 to 6p. There's a list somewhere. I've never met a menu that I can't find something I like - LOL. Beverages I'm a bit more picky so, while I love Jock's Hanger Bar for the atmosphere and food, I don't care for the drinks. My 'kids' (30's & 40's) like the beer. Boathouse has good wine, all bottle beer and I love their version of calamari. George's Wine Bar - yummy food and wine. Raglan Road - yummy food and beverages. City Works - I like their wine on tap, pretzels bits and fried pickles.

OK - you sold me! I've always wanted to try that, but by the time dessert rolled around I was always too full. This sounds like a great plan :) .
I always stuffed it in me anyway and then felt like I was going to pop for hours. It's so good.

There are two outside bars at Raglan Road, one on either side of the restaurant and are walk up.
The two bars inside RR are also walk up. RR is a must do for every trip for us, and we usually just walk up to the bar inside. It does get VERY crowded at the inside bar, fair warning.

Wine Bar George is the best IMO, but Homecomin would also be good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter