• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Consumable Gifts

I just bought presents for my DH's family - grilling spice sets to be delivered by Amazon. I bought bottles of barrel aged maple syrup for two of my aunts. I gave them real maple syrup several years ago, and they loved it. I sent flowers (via Amazon) to another aunt who lives in a retirement home that provides her meals so nothing edible for her. Costco had pretty good sized poinsettias (15") 4 for a little less than $17 so I bought two boxes to give to neighbors and friends. I also bought several pounds of shelled nuts at Costco and roasted them (butter, s&p, garlic powder, a little Tony Chachere's seasoning). I put 2 cups in holiday zip lock bags and will give those as needed.

Tins of Moravian cookies from Dewey's Bakery in Winston Salem, NC. You can order from them online but if you live in NC they have a lot of satellite stores set up in various towns during the holidays. The Moravian sugar cake is delicious too!!!

Looking forward to the replies but I don't have any ideas. I'd rather get a gift card than a box of candy or a bath set in a scent I don't like with products I don't use. We're doing secret snowman at work and while each participant will have an info card to fill out I may still need some ideas :-) I'm also trying to figure out how to nicely fill my card out. Favorite scent is one of the lines and I don't do candles etc so I'm not sure if it's better to leave it blank or that I don't like scented stuff.

I put scent sensitive like suggested and got a bar of unscented goat milk soap for my gift today. At least it's unscented but when will people realize not all women like that stuff. I am enjoying the peanut butter cups from yesterday though

Got Brazilian bum bum cream from my coworker who I carpool with. It smells sooooo good.

We got a “meat bundle” from DBIL and DSIL. All frozen beef...steaks, roasts, ground beef. Perfect gift for us! We have plenty of stuff, I like to cook, and it fit in our freezer!

We have a friend that has a huge garden every summer. She cans salsa, pickles, chili sauce, etc. Every year she gives our teen boys each a jar of salsa. They look forward to it! She gives them other things as well, but always the salsa!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter