Best Disney Resort for 2 Adults in April?

xSunnyEclipse

brighest star in the galaxy
My mother and I are planning to book a trip to Walt Disney World around the end of April 2022 and we were wondering what is the best resort to stay at for us as 2 adults who don’t spend a lot of time in the room? We’ve stayed at Pop Century, French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, and All Star Music in the past.

Also, since we’re going in April which would be after Easter/Easter Break, would going around the 25th be good since the Easter crowds would be gone or would that still be a busy time? Thank you!

My Mom and I stayed at Coronado Springs on our last trip in December 2019. Prior, we stayed at the Poly and will be returning to the Poly in Nov. We love both resorts. If you’re not planning on a lot of resort time, I wouldn’t spend the extra money on a Deluxe though.

My mother and I are planning to book a trip to Walt Disney World around the end of April 2022 and we were wondering what is the best resort to stay at for us as 2 adults who don’t spend a lot of time in the room? We’ve stayed at Pop Century, French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, and All Star Music in the past.

Also, since we’re going in April which would be after Easter/Easter Break, would going around the 25th be good since the Easter crowds would be gone or would that still be a busy time? Thank you!
If the room is just for sleeping and showering, then either AoA or POP. They're both on the Skyliner and the rooms are fairly nice. I wouldn't pick an Allstars but that's just my own personal bias.

Late April should have nice weather, although I have been there a couple of times when the thermometer reached into the 90's. Crowd-wise, there really isn't a good time to go. Lately it has been crowded no matter what time of year it is. It just vacillates between very crowded to packed.

Last edited:
Really depends on your budget and your comfort level and to some extent the parks you are going to be spending the most time in.

For me:
Value resorts - I don't spend an entire trip at value resorts, I tend to use them for the first night or two of a split stay. My reasons: #1 I like a hot tub at the pool, I need one at the end of the day and value resorts don't have them. #2 The common areas like the lobby and food court tend to get pretty crowded. #3 Smaller rooms. Having said that, I usually just stay at whichever one is less since I'm only staying a night or two.

Moderate resorts - I usually only spend an entire stay at a moderate resort if I know I'm going to be going to WDW a couple of times during that year and can't really justify spending a lot on the resort. My favorite and one that I have spent an entire trip at more than once is CS. I like the southwestern look and feel, I like all the food options, it is sort of centrally located to all the parks except MK. I try to get a room in the Casitas section because they are fairly close to bus stop #2 and the main lobby area. They do have a hot tub at the main pool and have a number of smaller pools.

Deluxe resorts - this one is tricky since my favorite is YC because I love Epcot and HS and I love the look and feel of YC. However, the last few years it has become almost too expensive for me so I've been staying at Swan/Dolphin instead. If you can afford a deluxe, the way to pick one would be what park do you think you are going to spend the most time in. MK go with one of the monorail or WL. I'd probably go with what ever was the cheapest at the time I booked. If Epcot and HS are your thing, YC,BC or BW are you best bets if you want 100% Disney, if you are ok with sort of generic Swan/Dolphin are going to get you more bang for your buck. AKL is a beautiful resort, a short bus ride to AK and not really that far from Epcot and HS as the crow flies (it gets a bad rap for being too far out but it really isn't that far from anything other than MK and all the resorts except monorail and WL are far from it). AKL can be one of the least expensive deluxe resorts most of the time.

I hope you're willing to take whatever you can find as close to that date as we are.

Everything has been very crowded with pent up people finally deciding they're comfortable making up for that year or more of no Disney.

I suggest a travel agent. They cost you nothing and can advise you what might be available nearby, too. Plus, they'll make as many or few arrangements as you wish.

I'll simply wish you luck finding something workable. You may well need all the luck you can scrounge.

Last edited:
We are going April 25-30th. There isn't much available. We booked CS. I really wanted Riviera or Wilderness Lodge. I am a out of state passholder and couldn't even use the discount. We are paying rack rate for right now. I keep checking and hoping a discounted room will come available.

Based on my unscientific survey, I think half my town is there the week of April 24...I'd just pick a time you can go, and find a place you want to stay.

Accept it will be crowded for the forseeable future.

If you’re looking to stay within a similar budget from previous then I’d look to book Coronado or see if you can get a good deal at swan and dolphin. It will be busier. Disney doesn’t have slow times really any more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter