Best DVC resort at WDW

While all the DVC resorts are great, OKW is my favorite. The relaxed atmosphere adds to the enjoyment and "forces" us to move at a slower pace. We are in the process of purchasing at Old Key West (after many visits) and feel fortunate to have found something through resale (as OKW has been sold out for quite some time).

Can't wait to see the Beach Club Villas which open up in Spring 2002 and the new Vacation Club resort that will open up in 2004 near Eagle Pines Golf Course.

I LOVE OKW!!!!!! BWV has location, but OKW has the atmosphere!

My favorite DVC resort? What ever one I'm lucky enough to be staying in, everyone is just great. If it's just my wife and I, or a short trip I like BWV/VWL. If we have a gang or a longer stay, I like the space of my home, OKW. The best part of DVC is the variety. I'm sure I will like the BCV and VEP when they open too.

Another vote for Old Key West!! Enjoyed our stay at BWV-- theBoardwalk view is incredible--but Old Key West is HOME!! It is where we relax and unwind. It is definitely our favorite.

Too hard to make a choice. I like everything I've seen. The 2 BR at OKW was great. The dedicated studio at BWV was much better than the lockoff studio at OKW. Liked parking at the door at OKW and the activities at BWV. Loved walking to Epcot from BWV. Also stayed at VB and liked it. We are going to VWL in January, can't wait to see it.

I like them all. Can't wait to go home in November at BWV and January at VWL.

The one I happen to be staying in at the time. Oddly, we don't really think that the location of the BWV is really all that great. It is probably because we have very young children.

OKW because I like the resort feeling, and don't like the hotel feeling. The best thing is that since everyone has different likes and dislikes, DVC can give many choices.

BWV gets my vote. Just got back from a vacation that included both BWV and OKW. OKW was beautiful but BWV is more to my families tastes and needs.

Never been to OKW and never stayed at BWV.
By default I'll vote for my home resort, VWL!

We "love" the tropical, pastel-hued OKW; it makes us feel relaxed and very contented. We are looking forward to seeing the new BCV because we are hoping the pastel decor, coupled with the location, will have it all!!

May I take your order?

OKW is peel and eat shrimp with a margarita.
BWV is a coney dog with a root beer float.
VWL is smoked salmon with a glass of chardonay.
BCV will be a clam bake with a frosty mug of beer.
VEP will be a filet with a glass of merlot.

BWV ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!! For all the reasons stated by DVCDudes (and more)

(Stayed at OKW , hope to try VWL sometime.)

I have decided that it's a GOOD thing when my fellow DVCers say they prefer one of the other resorts over my BWV. Now, if they would only stop taking my ressies! I find it strange that every time I want a last minute ressie I can always get OKW but never my own home..... hmmm....

I love the way Geyser Gazer related each resort to FOOD.
One of my favorite things to do at WDW is EAT.

Another vote for OKW!!! Although going to VWL with DH in just 20days!!! Then going to BWV in Dec. with inlaws to stay in 3 bedroom, cant call it a Grand Villa once you've stayed at OKW Villa;) Just kidding:p

Kim

My vote is for BWV. We have not stayed or seen any of the other locations. Bought our "HOME" on a 15 min fast tour of BWV (we happened to transfer there from ASsports back in '99 because we didn't even like the looks of the lobby. Didn't even try to check in there.) We had stayed at the BWV back when they first opened we should have bought then. We like our home away from home feeling. Grew up near the boards of Atlantic City. I don't get homesick when I am there. Also I like the classieness of the place which I don't get anywhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter