• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Fish Extender gift received?

EDH family, I will be honest from the start. I haven't read anyone else's responses to you yet. Your post instantly reminded me of last year's Alaskan cruise.

DW and I got a small notebook (maybe 3"X6") with a pen. At the end of the day, we would write in it the events of the day. We both still have them and look at them to remind us of such a great cruise!!!!

A personalized tote bag with our family name and the cruise ship is my personal favorite (thank you threeiscrazy!). But there are other super wonderful and handy gifts we've received and still use -- like writing pens, frames, magnets, etc. And in addition to all of that, many of my Disboard meet mates have gone above and beyond to make our cruises extra special by helping to arrange lanyards, meet and greets, trick or treat activities and scavenger hunts. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Aww, tinkerbelltwins that's so sweet of you. I think you nailed what was so special about that cruise....the people. While I've met people on cruises since then no other group of people has been so fantastic as a whole. I'd love a reunion cruise with our Disgroup. :goodvibes

Just like Disney, it's for kids of ALL ages! :goodvibes

The FEs that I have done (3 night and a 7 night), we just delivered one gift per room. Not per day. Just once. Choose the day you want to deliver, and you are all set.

Some people will do different gifts for adults versus kids in the room, and some do just one gift per room.

We did all love coming back to our room and seeing if there were any surprises left for us.

Thank you. That's not too bad. I was thinking one had to do some serious shopping the way I was thinking and running all over the ship each day. I think I might participate if we have one for our next cruise.

Thank you all for your inputs. We have been on several Disney Cruises and have not yet done a Fish Extender Exchange. Every time we are onboard, i tell myself "We need to participate in that next time". So proud that we are officially signed up and participating on our next cruise. I want to do a gift that is meaningful so your inputs on things that you liked the most are much appreciated.

We received some amazing gifts on our last cruise including magnets and photo holders from the parks which were way cool. I also really liked the handmade Christmas ornament. My son loved the candy from Australia. Finally, I got a totally awesome terry bathrobe that I love love love! We really enjoy the whole FE experience from crafting the gifts to exploring the ship and finding fun gifts when we get back to our room.

We recieved such nice gifts, it's hard to list all. One person made us hand made fabric coasters made with mickey themed material, hubby recieved small bottles of vodka, whiskey, etc (airport size) he loved those!, we received water bottles with our cruise date, ship name, & decorations on it, handmade x-mas ornaments, pins, magnets. I was amazed at the creativity people had. I don't have a creative bone in my body.

I gave crossword & sudoku puzzles, gum, laptop lights to most of the men. Nail polish, gum, lipsmackers to the girls to most of the teen girls. Gum, princess themed perfume, pens, & magnets to the young girls. Nail polish, decorative tweezer, Tink antenna balls, to most of the ladies. Young boys received Cars themed toys, magnets, pens, & toys. I hope they were well received.

We loved everything that we received but there are two things that wee continue to use. We received 2 Music CD's. One has the Disney Cruise ship horns and other cruise songs and the other one has nothing but Disney songs on it!! We just LOVE these!!

We also got Music CD's and we love them so much we still listen to them.:cheer2: The ship horns are amazing. I would like to create CD's for my next FE, but I am not sure if it is legal to do so or not. Maybe it is, because they are gifts. What do you think?

We also got Music CD's and we love them so much we still listen to them.:cheer2: The ship horns are amazing. I would like to create CD's for my next FE, but I am not sure if it is legal to do so or not. Maybe it is, because they are gifts. What do you think?

Curious about this too, as I am planning to make these for our June cruise....

planning my FE now.

** SPOILER ALERT - don't read if you're on the 8/18/12 Fantasy Western and don't want to know what your possible FE gift may be **

What would you all think of a tissue box cover (wooden) decorated with our cruise info on the top and ports of call listed on the sides in bright, Caribbean colors, bubble letters? "Best gift" potential or I'm-not-even-taking-it-home tacky?

planning my FE now.

** SPOILER ALERT -
and ports of call listed on the sides in bright, Caribbean colors, bubble letters? "Best gift" potential or I'm-not-even-taking-it-home tacky?

In all fairness, I don't get the whole FE thing, so take that for what it's worth. However, I think most people would pitch something like this, especially if it didn't match their decor or just isn't their style.

Not being mean, just answering your question with my opinion.

planning my FE now.

** SPOILER ALERT - don't read if you're on the 8/18/12 Fantasy Western and don't want to know what your possible FE gift may be **

What would you all think of a tissue box cover (wooden) decorated with our cruise info on the top and ports of call listed on the sides in bright, Caribbean colors, bubble letters? "Best gift" potential or I'm-not-even-taking-it-home tacky?

I don't know how many rooms are on your FE list, but I would think that would be a bit bulky packing-wise. Plus, someone receiving one would then need to worry about packing it so it won't break.

I always appreciate candy.

princess:

In all fairness, I don't get the whole FE thing, so take that for what it's worth. However, I think most people would pitch something like this, especially if it didn't match their decor or just isn't their style.

Not being mean, just answering your question with my opinion.

Thanks - this is why I asked. I don't want to waste my time or $$ making something that won't be well received. :goodvibes:

planning my FE now.

I would probably enjoy it! I'm okay with having fun stuff around the house though! I would much prefer crafty and homemade over candy (although I'm not against the candy, DS and DH love it and on the ship it nice to have.

planning my FE now.

I would like it. I would take it to work for my tissue box. This was I could think of the cruise. And if having a bad day I could look at it and remember the good time and hope that would help.

:surfweb:

planning my FE now.

I would love to get your tissue box cover. :thumbsup2 I would put it on my desk at the office. I have still some FE gifts from last year cruise there. To look at this stuff brings back the vacation feeling. :cheer2:

Hmmmmm, ok, some will, some won't like it. I guess that will happen with just about ANYTHING that someone would make. Thanks for your honest comments everyone! :goodvibes: I think I will make this and maybe just include a note requesting anyone who doesn't care for it to maybe just leave it at Cabanas/Guest Services/some other common area where someone who would like it could find it? It would be cruise specific but not DIS specific - with over 3,000 guests on board, I'd imagine SOMEONE would love to have such a castoff!

Someone gave us inexpensive thermal cups with Mickey crystal stickers on it that we used all week. I had never cruised before so I didn't realize that the soft drink cups were so small. This thermal cup went everywhere with me!

planning my FE now.

How awesome is that!! I wish I was on your cruise :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter