Best Food at Epcot?

OP asked for "walking around food". Though the TS mentioned are great options for when they take a break, they don't really speak to her original query.

For "walking around" snacks, i would suggest the Norway bakery. I LOVE the troll horn. Most rave over the schoolbread as well, but it was kind of bland to me. I just discovered last year, the gelato in Italy at the cart out front and it is to die for!!! We got the chocolate and it was so rich and decadent, YUM! I also agree with the treats from Germany where Werthers caramels are. Everything is made fresh and it is delish. Via Napoli also has a to-go window to order a slice of pizza in Italy, and to me, it's the best pizza on property. Have a great time exploring new treats!

Not a stretch for taste buds (nothing really is in Epcot) but, we're so looking forward to eating the fish & chips from Yorkshire. I think Spice Rd Table and Tutto Gusto offer higher quality small plates to share, but you'll be seated.
I generally do not discourage people from trying out what looks good, but would like to give my opinion on one of your choices. I "used" to absolutely love the Fish and Chips, when it was Cod. Last year they switched it to Tilapia. It has become more oily, thinner and does not taste good (to us). The reason I want to make sure to post is so you can go in with your expectations set and not be disappointed if it does not taste all that great. Then again, I had a point of reference to the Cod, and you may find this fabulous.
To answer your original question, the booths for the festivals will generally have the best food and depending on the season will change. France has a booth set up and there are no bad choices there. Brat from Germany would also be great.

Mexico-churros
Norway-school bread
Germany-brats, pretzels
Italy-gelato
American Adventure-funnel cakes
Japan-skewers from Katsura Grill
France-Roule au Fromage (cheese roll) or anything from the bakery

You'll probably find, like I did, that the CS in China and Japan are equivalent to what you will find in your local shopping mall. I would stick with Sunshine Seasons for a great variety. I know I'm in the minority here but I didn't find the fish and chips anything to write home about. I sat there with the vinegar trying to give it some sort of flavor and never could. It's tilapia outside and cod in the restaurant so there is a huge difference to me.

For "walking around" snacks, i would suggest the Norway bakery. I LOVE the troll horn. Most rave over the schoolbread as well, but it was kind of bland to me. I just discovered last year, the gelato in Italy at the cart out front and it is to die for!!! We got the chocolate and it was so rich and decadent, YUM! I also agree with the treats from Germany where Werthers caramels are. Everything is made fresh and it is delish. Via Napoli also has a to-go window to order a slice of pizza in Italy, and to me, it's the best pizza on property. Have a great time exploring new treats!

I'm with you on the school bread. It was JUST a dry doughnut. I had heard such good things about it and was so disappointed that I had wasted my money on a flippin doughnut when I could have gotten something neat and different in Les Halles in France. I have since learned to stop believing people when they tell me what is amazing. I'll stick to looking and picking something based on how good it looks to me and spare myself. I got duped into trying the Japanese QS once on a solo trip as well, and it was the exact equivalent of hitting an Asian walk up in the mall. :crazy2: Never again. I kept thinking, "I guess folks don't have a mall in their town? Why would you like this?" lol

Hard to keep a shortlist.
Fish & Chips (only place we get vinegar).
Boulangerie Patisserie for baguettes, cheese platters and cakes.
The brats and macaroni in Sommerfest.
Salted caramel chocolate or chocolate strawberry from karamel Kuche.
Macarons ice-cream sandwich from the French ice-cream store.
The fabulous sandwiches and cakes from Kringla Og. The sandwich with jarlsberg and apple is wonderful toasted and their almond pretzel is fabulous.
Finally, the burgers in the American pavilion are surprisingly good.

Not walk-around food but Spice Road Table in the Morocco pavilion and Tutto Gusto in the Italy pavilion both offer small plates. Tutto Gusto only takes walk-ups (it is a wine bar but kids are welcome and common to see in there). Spice Road accepts ADRs but can almost always accommodate a walk-up.

Bakery in France is full of good stuff but can be chaotic at peak meal times.

Last year they switched it to Tilapia. It has become more oily, thinner and does not taste good (to us). The reason I want to make sure to post is so you can go in with your expectations set and not be disappointed if it does not taste all that great.
I heard about the tilapia. GROSS! Such a bummer because it use to be good when it was cod.

The to-go window isn't the same pizza as inside. The crust is thick and pillow-y. Looks like Sicilian style.
Correct, definitely NOT the same pizza as Via Napoli.

Sorry OP, i suggested restaurants in my original post. For "walking around food", i'd suggest trying the bakery in france "les halles". They have incredible stuff for lunch or just to satisfy your sweet tooth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter