• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Places for Adult Beverages?

CharliK

Earning My Ears
I was taking a look through my Disney planning folder tonight, and I have sections on everything from QS breakfasts, to TS Lunches to signature Dinners, but I realised I don't have anything about where to get drinks!

When I was there solo in 2018 I stuck to my hotel bar mostly... I got to know the staff in a couple of days and they did Long Island Iced Tea which kept me perfectly satisfied :joker: but for my (here's hoping) solo November 2021 trip I really want to branch out a bit more so please, hit me with your drink/bar/lounge recommendations...!

(I am a cocktail lover at heart, but I do like my Rose wine and being british, I am partial to a nice cider)

Which parks are your priorities and where are you staying?😊
And being from the UK so far I haven't found a cider comparable to a great craft one we can get here but I look forward to being proved wrong if their is!

My top choices for cocktails: Nomad Lounge in the Animal Kingdom, AbracadaBar at the Boardwalk, and the Edison bar in Disney Springs. ( I'd also throw in Trader Sam's if you like tiki bars)
Cheers!

And being from the UK so far I haven't found a cider comparable to a great craft one we can get here but I look forward to being proved wrong if their is!

All of them and I will likely stay at All Star Movies again. I had such a brilliant and amazing experience first time there I happily will give them my business again. Plus going solo, I didn't spend that much time at the resort in my room so being at a budget doesn't bother me. Additionally the secret menu, and the food court in general was amazing I thought. I have craved the chicken parmigiana sub and fried chicken so many times since 2018 😂😂😂 and the poolside bar was so great, the staff treated me so well and really looked after me.

My top choices for cocktails: Nomad Lounge in the Animal Kingdom, AbracadaBar at the Boardwalk, and the Edison bar in Disney Springs. ( I'd also throw in Trader Sam's if you like tiki bars)
Cheers!

I have heard great things about the Edison... I will add these to my new list. Cheers!

We love the Nomad Lounge at AK. It's so peaceful to sit on the patio and watch the world go by. Of course, the Rose and Crown Pub is a must-do. We are big fans of Carl the bartender. The bar at The Wave is also very good and you can get food there too.

We love the Nomad Lounge at AK. It's so peaceful to sit on the patio and watch the world go by. Of course, the Rose and Crown Pub is a must-do. We are big fans of Carl the bartender. The bar at The Wave is also very good and you can get food there too.

I have a lot of love for the rose and crown... everytime I asked for a wine spritzer ina restaurant, I had to explain it was wine with lemonade... and they kept bringing me a glass of wine and a glass of lemonade lol... one night I walked into the rose and crown and asked for one, expecting to have to explain and the bartender said "coming right up" ... I could have kissed her. It was like a home away from home moment. That place even smells like an authentic British pub, its brilliant.

There are tons of great craft ciders in the US, but Disney pretty much only has the mass produced sweet stuff, sadly. I think even the Strongbow at Rose and Crown is the golden apple kind rather than original (if someone tells me they switched back I'd be THRILLED).

Nomad Lounge, Trader Sam's (my favorite), Dawa Bar near Tusker House is pretty good. Tambu Lounge, La Cava de Tequila, the sake bar in the back of Mitsukoshi (no seating, to go only), Homecoming, Morimoto Asia bar, The Edison

Nomad Lounge, Trader Sam's (my favorite), Dawa Bar near Tusker House is pretty good. Tambu Lounge, La Cava de Tequila, the sake bar in the back of Mitsukoshi (no seating, to go only), Homecoming, Morimoto Asia bar, The Edison

Just looked at Tambu, and they do an "Ultimate Long Island Iced Tea"... this will always be my favourite cocktail so you're my kind of people 😂🤣😂

There’s a new place in Disney Springs -City Works Eatery and Pour House. Tons of craft brews including ciders available. Very good food too. It is on West Side right by Cirque du Soleil.
Nomads is my favorite place.

Best cocktails and bar experience we had was at Flying Fish. Bill was an incredibly knowledgeable bartender, he made a lot of his own infused liquors and his drink suggestions were spot on!

Edison had some great cocktails too, and it's just gorgeous for atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter