Best restaurant on property if you can only splurge on one?

I was underwhelmed with Flying Fish, but agree with Bluezoo and Morimoto. My shocker was Tiffins. I totally expected not to enjoy the meal due to experiences at Jiko and Sanaa, but it was fantastic. Tiffins has turned into a regular stop for us when we go.
+1 for Tiffins, which is our family favorite of the WDW signatures. Wonderful ambience and very good food and service.

We have enjoyed our meals at Grand Floridian Cafe and Citricos - both in the Grand Flordian. The food at the cafe has been delicious. Would not rec. Narcoossee's; the food may have been good there but with the toddlers running around and out of control did not enjoy it. Spoke to the manager and he as much as said they they cannot ask the parents to control their children, so we replied that we can control it by not coming back. Same for Artist's Point - food was very good, but now it is Character meals and kids out of control. Flying Fish okay, but way overpriced for the quality of food. In Disney Springs we always enjoy Homecoming and Raglan Road. Raglan Road noisy with the dancing, but food is great there. Have dined at Morimoto's and enjoyed the food, but again for what they are serving, it is overpriced. In Epcot we enjoy Japan, and they just opened a new higher end restaurant. We attempted M. Paul's but the prices scared us away. Good luck.

Thanks! We are looking into V&A for sure. However, given that this is a last minute trip, $1500 hasn't been saved for that type of dinner. I suppose I should have specified pricing. LOL.
It isn't that much--I went a few years ago and I think it was around $275 pp. This is without wine.

It isn't that much--I went a few years ago and I think it was around $275 pp. This is without wine.
Just checked--the tasting menu for the main dining is currently $235 pp.

For a nice non rush meal I would go with Bluezoo, Flying Fish,

Just checked--the tasting menu for the main dining is currently $235 pp.
Same price when we were there last, in December 2018. An additional $150.00 for the wine pairing. The OP is going in a few weeks and of course they can call to be placed on the waiting list but unless they also want to pack clothing for the night and not be sure if they'll use them it's a bit of a gamble. We were waitlisted last Thanksgiving and they called with a reservation 2 days before the V+A dinner. It required buying the man a new sports jacket (he needed one), dress pants and shoes (he left them at home); somewhat annoying.

The one consistantly good restaurant for me is La Hacienda de San Angel. I think its even better than V&A & I ate there in Oct last year. It's been my fav 3 years running & you can watch the fireworks from there.

The one consistantly good restaurant for me is La Hacienda de San Angel. I think its even better than V&A & I ate there in Oct last year. It's been my fav 3 years running & you can watch the fireworks from there.
I have never eaten here--mostly because I'm in Southern California and am afraid it won't live up to what I'm used.to. Guess I will have to try one day.

Most good places are solidly booked, with maybe a couple of off-time ADRs left.

I bet I could find a reservation for basically anywhere between now and 3 weeks time. The exception would V+A or if you a very specific time (Fireworks at Cali Grill or Brunch). I am even more certain as they only have a party of 2.

Just set the notification through TouringPlans and hit them up randomly throughout the day. Heck even this weekend as an example its basically just V+A and Cali Grill that you couldn't book right now.

I bet I could find a reservation for basically anywhere between now and 3 weeks time. The exception would V+A or if you a very specific time (Fireworks at Cali Grill or Brunch). I am even more certain as they only have a party of 2.

Just set the notification through TouringPlans and hit them up randomly throughout the day. Heck even this weekend as an example its basically just V+A and Cali Grill that you couldn't book right now.
Why do you hit them randomly though the day? I just set up the searches make sure I get a text message instead of email (hate checking emails) and leave it alone. What benefit is it to constantly check the system after that or am I misunderstanding what "hit" means? TIA

We were there the first week of August, parks and hotels were very crowded (meaning it was not "slow" by any means) and we got whatever ADRs we wanted the day before or day of, including Flying Fish, California Grill, Yachtsman, and many others. People change plans all the time while they're onsite and the 180 day reservation "musts" really aren't necessary.

Why do you hit them randomly though the day? I just set up the searches make sure I get a text message instead of email (hate checking emails) and leave it alone. What benefit is it to constantly check the system after that or am I misunderstanding what "hit" means? TIA

Touring Plans is not instant and I just leave the web page up and refresh to possibly grab them before anyone gets notified from TP.

My last trip was this June for 2-1/2 weeks. Yes, California Grille can be sooo but was very good this past trip & the added bonus of fireworks viewing always fun.
Monsieur Paul & Tiffins were both wonderful (We had 13 yr old 3 college kids and us 50+ yr adults. Everyone loved the meals. Boma nice but not as special as above. Flying Fish has great atmosphere & food was excellent. Whatever you choose you may want to do Epcot’s Dessert Fireworks show and skip the dessert at dinner. We have done it 4 times and always enjoyed ( unless it rains, then it’s moved inside- not great atmosphere. Enjoy

QUOTE="toocherie, post: 60976815, member: 173241"]
I have never eaten here--mostly because I'm in Southern California and am afraid it won't live up to what I'm used.to. Guess I will have to try one

I have never eaten here--mostly because I'm in Southern California and am afraid it won't live up to what I'm used.to. Guess I will have to try one day.
Me too, but it is authentic Mexican food. Not like El Cholo.[/QUOTE]

Me too, but it is authentic Mexican food. Not like El Cholo.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah--not thinking "authentic" when I think "El Cholo." I grew up near East L.A. I can even make my own tamales.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter